REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 200 guests

Jesse Norris 914kg total raw@ 90kg drug free

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

BigMaccaIcon...12-01-2016 @ 11:39 
understanding of the sport, little he has.
Member 798, 9944 posts
SQ 260, BP 150, DL 272.5
682.5 kgs @ 82.5kgs UnEq
Steve said:
But didn't testing originally come into place to protect athletes health? Left un unchecked who knows what risks people would take. We already hear of cyclists needing to set their alarms to wake up in the night and cycle to prevent blood clots. Just how far would people go if a total free for all was aloud?

I kind of agree with this.

If you let the most competitive people on the planet (competing not only for titles but significant financial compensation) take whatever they please totally unchecked, then I think it would only be a few years before you start seeing top levels guys have serious health issues / drop dead.

Even if folk start out with the best of intentions just to use sensibly - people will end up taking more PEDS to get over injury, catch up to the guy that is 0.2 faster than them etd

Then there are those that will take all the PEDS in the world just to be the best and damn the consequences.

I just don't see how you can take the handbrake off this without everything falling down.
At least the current system of testing keeps people from being massively silly

Macca
little_aIcon...12-01-2016 @ 12:03 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
BigMacca said:
If you let the most competitive people on the planet (competing not only for titles but significant financial compensation) take whatever they please totally unchecked, then I think it would only be a few years before you start seeing top levels guys have serious health issues / drop dead.

A few years? lol. If you opened the floodgates today I'd give it till weekend.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions