REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 382 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus

coronavirus

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

12345678910 ... 414243 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

Wayne_CowdreyIcon...17-04-2020 @ 22:28 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22060 posts
I thought I recognised this guy...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-52235296

Just realised he was the doctor who removed a load of wax from my left ear about 8 years ago Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy
The_Lone_WolfIcon...19-04-2020 @ 00:13 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2997 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I thought I recognised this guy...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-52235296

Just realised he was the doctor who removed a load of wax from my left ear about 8 years ago Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy

How much wax are we talking Wayne?
The_Lone_WolfIcon...19-04-2020 @ 00:16 
I eat a lot of meat
Member 5124, 2997 posts
SQ 245, BP 130, DL 275
650.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
My wife is also watching the daily updates religiously.

I find it strange that they cherry pick the questions and still can’t give clear answers.

Lockdown won’t be ended any time soon, and I fear when it does end, people are going to go wild with gay abandon and a big 2nd peak will wipe out lots more people.
AdamTIcon...19-04-2020 @ 00:37 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
The_Lone_Wolf said:My wife is also watching the daily updates religiously.

I find it strange that they cherry pick the questions and still can’t give clear answers.

Lockdown won’t be ended any time soon, and I fear when it does end, people are going to go wild with gay abandon and a big 2nd peak will wipe out lots more people.

I know I analyse too much, but everything I read or predict is well ahead of the numpties giving these talks

Probably because I actually pay attention to italy or Spain, who are ahead of us

Lockdown imo will likely last until June, before they think of any restrictions
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...19-04-2020 @ 08:39 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22060 posts
The_Lone_Wolf said:
How much wax are we talking Wayne?

Enough to reduce my hearing and cause several weeks of annoyance. He used a suction device, which was slightly uncomfortable, but it was wonderful to have my ear returned to normality.

I also saw him again at a men's health evening I attended 3 or 4 years ago.

RIP Unhappy
slow_lift_joeIcon...19-04-2020 @ 14:52 
Interesting
Member 6186, 245 posts
What a joke the UK is, a complete and utter joke ran by a bunch of spivs.

The Tory party sold us off during Thatcher years, now look at us.

We are asking Turkey to manufacture PPE equipment which we cannot get delivered on time, and health workers on low wages are losing their life's.

The action of this government is unforgivable, but I bet people will still vote Tory and think their selling off of industry, manufacturing and privatization was the right decision and the low paid workers who are now looking after the people of this country will be forgotten again.

Let's built a high speed rail links, built more war heads, pay bankers millions and worship celebrity and forget the investment in hospitals, health care and British manufacturing.

I am with Chris Wood.

And don’t forget the iron lady as if we ever could
The vicious old spiv who taught all how greed was good
How she sold off our nation and gave rise to this nonsense
And how we bowed down and worshipped her avarice and her ignorance
Now… Let the grand correction commence
Let the grand correction commence

Words by Chris Wood Handmade Life.

Please, I hope we wake up this time for all sakes, please let the grand correction commence.
AdamTIcon...19-04-2020 @ 15:11 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Post Edited: 19.04.2020 @ 15:14 PM by AdamT
slow_lift_joe said:What a joke the UK is, a complete and utter joke ran by a bunch of spivs.

We are asking Turkey to manufacture PPE equipment which we cannot get delivered on time, and health workers on low wages are losing their life's.

The action of this government is unforgivable, but I bet people will still vote Tory and think their selling off of industry, manufacturing and privatization was the right decision and the low paid workers who are now looking after the people of this country will be forgotten again.

Let's built a high speed rail links, built more war heads, pay bankers millions and worship celebrity and forget the investment in hospitals, health care and British manufacturing.

I am with Chris Wood.

Please, I hope we wake up this time for all sakes, please let the grand correction commence.

I wish I could like this post

AdamTIcon...19-04-2020 @ 15:12 
AKA the great reset
Member 4056, 5207 posts
Post Edited: 19.04.2020 @ 15:13 PM by AdamT
Double
PeteHodgsonIcon...19-04-2020 @ 16:34 
Has little understanding of the sugden
Member 677, 11338 posts
SQ 165, BP 125, DL 220
510.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
AdamT said:
slow_lift_joe said:What a joke the UK is, a complete and utter joke ran by a bunch of spivs.

I am with Chris Wood.

I wish I could like this post

Not posted yet in this thread. Until I read slow lift joes post and also thought 'I wish there was a like facility '

Like. :-)
WILLSANIcon...19-04-2020 @ 19:15 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq

I am with Chris Wood.

I understand the sentiment but its misdirected. did new labour do anything different to the tories?

both sides played the game to get us in the state we are in. just two sides of the same coin.

have we not been shafted by several pms of both colours in the 30 years since thatcher?

this thing is way beyond party politics.
dannyboy73Icon...19-04-2020 @ 20:19 
Mask it or Casket !!
Member 4600, 8166 posts
SQ 240, BP 162.5, DL 255
657.5 kgs @ 90.5kgs UnEq
As much as Ive dreamed for a great wake up..

..no great revolution or correction is coming any time soon.

What will happen is this... as soon as people exit the lockdown, they will be desperate to book holidays, update their overpriced phones, purchase crap they cant afford and get back to their cycles and predictable routines. Celebs will become just as relevant as ever... and as we will hit the mother of all recessions people will take it round the chopps like they always have and always will.

sadly, you cant change people Joe.

You cab only change yourself and bring your children up with eyes wide open. You can only protect then from fktard culture for so long then one day I expect, they will be listening to BBC and that prat that looks and sounds like a sad, frumpy middle aged woman (i think the t**ts name is grimmshaw?) anyhow, you get what Im saying.

slow_lift_joe said:
RickIcon...19-04-2020 @ 22:18 
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10035 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
WILLSAN said:
I understand the sentiment but its misdirected. did new labour do anything different to the tories?

Actually, yes. I am, to put it mildly, no fan of that era, but we actually had a world-class pandemic response plan in place and up to audit when they left office. I wish I had kept a link to the article I was reading about it the other day.
NimbleIcon...20-04-2020 @ 06:45 
woefully weak
Member 4748, 1506 posts
SQ 157, BP 133, DL 260
550.0 kgs @ 104kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:
both sides played the game to get us in the state we are in. just two sides of the same coin.
have we not been shafted by several pms of both colours in the 30 years since thatcher?
this thing is way beyond party politics.

This.

I'm not a fan of any of them. Never voted for that reason.

Blair was a continuation of much that Thatcher started. Many things he made worse.

Then Cameron and everything since has been a continuation of Blairism.

There never was a golden era.

Corbyn would have been even worse.

I don't see any evidence that our lot are particularly awful though. Bad, yes, but so is almost everybody. Too early/too many confounding factors to say if ours are especially bad. Just comparing C19 deaths at this point in time doesn't tell you very much.
lukiIcon...20-04-2020 @ 11:22 
Member 5517, 1538 posts
SQ 160, BP 165, DL 201
526.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
dannyboy73 said:
What will happen is this... as soon as people exit the lockdown, they will be desperate to book holidays, update their overpriced phones, purchase crap they cant afford and get back to their cycles and predictable routines.

I hate to say, but getting away is number one on my list post covid. I need a break from my house and lockdown routine. I'd settle for an alien abduction or kidnapping at this point, just to get out of the house. Irish aren't allowed to walk more than 2km from home and the police are stopping and fining people who break this.
WILLSANIcon...20-04-2020 @ 12:05 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Rick said:
Actually, yes. I am, to put it mildly, no fan of that era, but we actually had a world-class pandemic response plan in place and up to audit when they left office. I wish I had kept a link to the article I was reading about it the other day.

I dont doubt they did - a government who spunked the public finances up the wall like they did should have a world class pandemic response! Grin

but seriously, as nimble said, blair continued and arguably accelerated the process of out sourcing industry and empowering the banking industry. which was the wider point I was making. to me, the virus is just the straw that will/has broken the economy's back. the biggest crime is how we got in the fragile economic state we are in and I fear the politicians and bankers who are responsible will skip off into the night using wu flu as cover.

12345678910 ... 414243 ... 153154155156157158159160161162163

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitcoronavirus
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions