Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWho's off work due to the snow?

Who's off work due to the snow?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

I have had reports that they are a f**king nightmare. Like an icerink with abandoned cars on Ancoats/mancunian Way

Go home and eat some pickled herring mate....
MrSmall
Joni said:
Solid, you guys are open!
I am at work but just got an email that they are closing the university in an hour or so. Which means i could go training, if there is any chance i could drive to ashton, or take a bus...
How are the main manchester roads there if anyone knows?

I'd suggest walking or getting the train Grin
tonyjb72 said:I have had reports that they are a f**king nightmare. Like an icerink with abandoned cars on Ancoats/mancunian Way

Go home and eat some pickled herring mate....

out of respect to herrings i wont, but hey i am from finland, this weather is not that bad.

...though i guess it is bad without winter tyres...

will check the bus Happy
staplegun16 said:oh dear, the weather sounds terrible. I am back home in Luton (J10 M1) and was planning on coming back today. What do you guys reckon ? Do I have a hope in hell in making it back to Manchester ?

Don't even f**king try it mate. You might manage it but it will suck unbelievably.

Here on the edge of the city centre we've had what looks to be 3-4" (that's what's settled on my car etc). Even with snow tyres on, the snow looks to be up to the undertray of the car so I'm going nowhere.

There's occasional traffic on the (main) roads outside my door, but I do mean occasional. And these are heavily-travelled, gritted, arterial routes.

I'm off work this week anyway - though we would be closed I think! - tomorrow and Thursday I'm supposed to be doing contract lecturing at the university. Just had an email telling us that tomorrow is cancelled as there's a good chance attenders will not get there, or, if they do, not get home.

Also just cancelled meeting up with a friend in Bolton...
Joni said:
...though i guess it is bad without winter tyres...

I've got winter tyres, but if I get to somewhere with fresh snow I've not got the ground clearance!

And nobody ELSE has winter tyres, so I'd be playing dodge-the-sliding-eejit all the way...
Its still like a blizzard in Blackpool and prob about 6" on top of the cars outside yet the boss still wont let us go home. wa**er.Angry
Rick said:
I've got winter tyres, but if I get to somewhere with fresh snow I've not got the ground clearance!
And nobody ELSE has winter tyres, so I'd be playing dodge-the-sliding-eejit all the way...

Hmm, i should have got winter tyres or stayed home... just had a low speed collision with another car, first one in 16 years!
richards9876 said:Its still like a blizzard in Blackpool and prob about 6" on top of the cars outside yet the boss still wont let us go home. wa**er.Angry

there is a element of safety that all employers a due to give to employees to and from work.

well thats what its like up here in scotland.
Dan said:
Been texting a few of my mates and it seems the North West got the worst of it, there is very little Snow in the Midlands, Burton, Stoke and that area so south of Manchester you might be ok.

Yet.

It is forecast to be spreading South so he'd likely get the worse conditions the whole way home unless he set off now, and then he'd only have them half way home Unhappy
It's still snowing, albeit gently. The snow surrounding my car is now higher than its sills and bumpers.
What is work?
no work which means house chores boo hoo boo hoo
Im back, changed my mind about sledging (everyone went but me, relatives neighbours), managed to make it to THE cold gym and had a really good workout, heavy full back, heavy shrugs followed by heavy frame lift 440kg , feeling pumped and warm.
That sounds like a good idea! I'm off to the gym now...
f**k me !! i was driving up to the lake district at 6am this morn and it was a frikkin knightmare !! man the traffic has been awful today , i dont think there has ever been so many jacknifed lorries on the motorway !

first time ive been scared driving in a while !!

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWho's off work due to the snow?
Return to top View Desktop Site