» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 21:50 
sad face
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 21:42 
General_ill said:
IMO yes.

Is it cause i is black?
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 21:41 
Tom_Martin said:
not afraid to admit i like the guy! despite him being taller than me, lighter than me, and having a bigger penis

Did i just make a new friend?
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 21:24 
Tom_Martin said:
hey. stop being a prick and start a training log!

Hahaha, i'm a prick? I might do a log in a few months. NHS are taking the piss with my surgery. Meanwhile ive caught some virus or some s**t and haven't trained for about 6 weeks now, nearly fainted doing a 160 p.clean last week!

Does every sugden thread go off topic?
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 16:08 
Post Edited: 19.06.2012 @ 16:09 PM by HUGE_GUY
His mate put up a vid the other day, new pb of 160 power clean caught just above parallel, i was confused when i saw that, then his 197.5 full clean.

The video also shows him doing the Klokov snatch grip strict press what looks like with 40kg.

Tom's a WR holder, Clarence looks set to do big things soon. I get into good shape then snap s**t up.....everytime

JC, i didnt realise i talk about myself alot.
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 15:55 
Tom_Martin said:on another note i find myself quite jealous of this Clarence lad!

Join the club. Still, he cant deadlift near you, and he cant power clean near me! Small victories matter.....
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 15:32 
Tom, not sure what age you started speed or power training but at 16 you was top 5 in the uk for both 100m and long jump (i think).

Even if you didn't lift a lot at 1st, i would say your speed and jumping qualifies you as very talented. I'm of course assuming you wasnt training very intense before 16, because most athletics coaches wont allow it here.
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 14:52 
Gingy, i never played tumble tots no. I always played run outs as a kid, used to jump on walls for no reason, used to race everyone in my street when i was 4-5.

BUT, i was also did cross country and in my teens walked about 15 miles everyday to school, mates house etc which is the opposite of power. I also did up to 800/1500m in highschool, not great at it but the best in my school and i still did it.

It's nature vs nurture, anyones guess really. But even at 16 i was doing massive amount of conditioning work like long hills runs and i trained bloody hard, was sick every session but just wasnt progressing. So that's why i believe it's nature, just took me a while to figure it out.
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 14:32 
I always had natural speed and was generally athletic. I climbed to the top of a lampost and back down at 4. When i was 12 and TINY my older brother bought a weights set, i remember straight away muscle cleaning 60kg and getting it overhead, also benched it for a double. All my mates who tried were in the 20-30 range, even my brother 3 years older did 55.

Obviously once you are fully grown you have to develop talent further, and i pretty much stopped at 16/17. As soon as i started power training i responded massively where as the others training with me didnt. I beleive you have to be born to be the fastest/strongest man on the planet
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 14:16 
Ill have a go at answering that gingy.

I think i would have improved just the same, but just had a weaker base to start with.

I can only say for myself though, i started late, never had pushy parents, and just wanted to have fun all the time with mates, so maybe im the best person to answer this. I only started jumping at 15, before that it was rugby, and other school sports which isnt pure explosive. Even when i started jumping at 15, it was mostly conditioning until i started training myself at 18.

Now 24 and im still progressing steadily. Id say the only difference is if i started at 12, i may have seen my best days already.
» VikingR Sponsor Clarence Kennedy (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 14:00 
Interesting topic. A good sprinter told me i can lift so much for my size because there are a few people who can bypass their slow twitch muscle fibres and go right to fast twitch instead of the other way around which is the norm. That and it's a skill that you can train to an extent, to recruit more fibres.

Id say you have to be born with it, i see so many people training better than me in the gym, but no where near the same speed or power.
» THE DRAGON 2.0 (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 13:48 
shanejer said:
still have to nail that darn 300kg pull Confused

NO 300 PULL YET?! I heard you was strong?
» MasterTs Log (Go to post)18-06-2012 @ 21:52 
I know it's unlikely, but it may be true. Ive power cleaned 7.5kg more than the british record full clean and jerk at my weight (only equaled the jerk, working on it). My deadlift might break some sort of record in some feds, yet i dont even have it on vid.

If true, and he said he's worked with sprinters and jumpers (and not privately), i'd say he could have a high position in uk athletics. Secrecy could be something to do with drugs maybe, cant think of another reason why his job would be at risk.

When im back training, im gonna quote some of his numbers and ask some of the uka coaches if they might know.
» Englands Strongest Man u90kg 2012 (Go to post)18-06-2012 @ 19:59 
Post Edited: 18.06.2012 @ 20:02 PM by HUGE_GUY
shanejer said:can't believe how much pain i'm in lol

took the front of my knuckes off on the stone, think when loading the 160 i crushed them on the platform!

anyone get any REEM PHOTOS ? Grin Grin

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/197630...

12345678910 ... 4243 ... 4445464748495051525354

You are here: HomeForumHUGE_GUY → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions