REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 157 guests
You are here: HomeForumHUGE_GUY → View All Posts

View All Posts: HUGE_GUY

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

» Double footed jump... (Go to post)04-08-2014 @ 12:02 
AMH_Power said:Anybody do a double footed static long jump? If so whats your distance from heel take off to heel landing?

I just did 3m bang on, would be good to see correlation between squat to body weight ratio and distance achieved!

Cheers

From heel to heel? 3.84m. But i thought everyone measures toe take off to heel landing? I want to know how to get better at this, i've been almost the same for a few years now. It's just a random test for most. I've done 3.53, Tom 3.50?, but the world record is 3.71?!

I've heard of a very skinny, weak athlete doing 3.50, but hes over 2m tall.
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)27-03-2014 @ 06:38 
But that front squat.

Such ease. (not) So majestic. Much plates. WOW!

That box looks like it's the most awkward height to sit. I like loo height boxes, it feels.....natural
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)25-03-2014 @ 12:35 
Did i miss a vid of your box squats, or is there none? I remember asking you about these before. Your reply was something like, "are you trolling me?" I think it was because i mentioned that equipped powerlifting coach from USA. Forgot the name, talks a lot of bulls**t numbers.

I found another box, still high, but about 4cm lower. 300 is max on this one. Then i went back to ATG paused after a few weeks break and did a pb for reps! I'm loving these box squats!
» Tom's training log... (Go to post)24-03-2014 @ 21:11 
Post Edited: 24.03.2014 @ 21:14 PM by HUGE_GUY
Tom_Martin said:Box Squats. Inspired by HUGE GUY's tremendous effort.

You flatter me.

I haven't checked up on you lately. I'm finally taking training seriously so no time for anything. I should be in bed now!

I don't know the reason, but i think box squats have helped my power clean lately. I've taken a slight break from full squat(started again today) But PC 170 recently without even training it! Again, i have no idea why it would help, but i'm sure it has. I never had this effect from full squats.

WOW! That front squat!
» Balance strength training with health (Go to post)14-03-2014 @ 11:04 
EllD90 said:Your facebook videos are uploaded via Joey...

So they are.... well, probably the least important point

Still, there are no pics, and just one video with my top off which isn't the clearest anyway. Plus he said 'pictures'.
» Balance strength training with health (Go to post)14-03-2014 @ 10:48 
Post Edited: 14.03.2014 @ 10:49 AM by HUGE_GUY
Simeon said:
Giving condescending lifting advice to someone who can front squat more than you deadlift.
lolol

I cannot front squat what this man can deadlift!

He found a picture of Tom on page 343 out of 829 pretty quickly, don't you think? He talks about training with a knowledgeable crew. He talks of being lean, very strong and clean knowing people will talk about Tom Martin as the best example.

Tom has also been away from his journal for a while, where has he gone?!

He said he saw my pictures of me looking ripped, and the only decent pictures were on my facebook which i deleted over a year ago, i had TOM MARTIN as a friend! Also called me Joey, not many call me that, maybe it was on my facebook too.

Oh, and this guy has commented very late at night.....so does TOM MARTIN!
» Balance strength training with health (Go to post)14-03-2014 @ 06:58 
Post Edited: 14.03.2014 @ 10:41 AM by HUGE_GUY
Todd said:
Gee Joey. As you suggested i took a look at your "pictures".
Now I see where your anger is coming from also.
You have an inferiority complex because you are really quite a small
person. Yes i will admit that you were lean (thats all you talked about).
"Whats my bf? Am I lean enough?" bla bla bla.
What you should be doing is eating some food and putting on some beef.
Oh well. I'm getting used to this s**t on this forum.
And now my advice to you.
Stop looking in the mirror every day and weighing yourself every time you walk into the bathroom. Concentrate on lifting heavier and eating more. You are at the right forum son. You need to get bigger.
This place is for overweight people who want to get bigger...see the problem? You need to get a lot bigger. At least to be able to critisize someone like myself.
Oh and chill on the insults mate.
Eat and lift... Todd

F YOU Todd
» Balance strength training with health (Go to post)13-03-2014 @ 19:53 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Do you? I judge people by how pleasant/helpful/kind etc they are, not by their physical prowess.

Well yes, i'm grateful for advice and sometimes some laughs from anyone here. But i mostly come here to check out some big lifts and check progress (stalk Tom mostly).

But i'm definitely not interested in what car you drive, how much you earn, how many horses you have etc. This guy is very shallow and is probably unhappy with himself, so he is trying to put everyone else down. I have family like this.

His way, is not THE way. But he thinks it is.
» Balance strength training with health (Go to post)13-03-2014 @ 19:35 
Todd said:
So your point is?
Hang on now
You are the sneaky one Milsy...Yeah I get it...
this is a social club where there is never any fear of rejection...
You comfort each other in your obesity.
Stop blabbing and start dieting. If you would practice one tenth
of the advice that you get on this forum you would all be fitness
models and world record holders. The trouble is most of you are just too lazy to change your lives.
Oh and if you believe that you will be succesful in other aspects
of life when you can't even control your waistline then you are
sadly mistaken.
Social club indeed. What happened to intercourse?
And I mean it in the biblical sense. Being social on the
internet will not get you laid.

Hey prick are you still here? You tried to have a dig at my squat video for no reason other than to be a waste of space troll. You say everyone is fat, but why don't you post a picture of yourself so we can compare?

I'm cutting some fat now for a long holiday, i bet i look much better than you, i can also deadlift 100kg more than you. And you say my squats are high...i can paused atg FRONT squat 5kg more than your back squat max. I'll throw above my head my than you all day long too.

Come at me bro!

Also, if you do show a picture, i'll post one up too. Show your wife/gf (if you have one), i bet she could do with a toyboy while you're out being so 'successful'.
» Balance strength training with health (Go to post)13-03-2014 @ 15:51 
You sound very happy Todd.....well not really. Dont think anyone here cares what you have.

On here I just judge you by your lifts
» Box squats (Go to post)13-03-2014 @ 15:03 
Todd said:If you was a Chinaman you would be named Wee Too Hai.

Loose the high squats and the ego BRO.

Thank you Todd.

Good luck mastering your world.
» Box squats (Go to post)13-03-2014 @ 14:07 
Rodger said:That is very Strong Joe!Eek Eek

You know my name?!

Ye know too much!
» Balance strength training with health (Go to post)12-03-2014 @ 12:09 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Sounds like your primary concern is aesthetics!

It's all about how much you LOOK like you lift!
I'm doing it all wrong, time to head to bodybuilding forums.
» Balance strength training with health (Go to post)12-03-2014 @ 11:33 
I don't train in weightlifting/powerlifting circles, but the guys i train with do all the compound lifts and train seriously. None take drugs, but everyone wants to stay lean and get strong.

It's really hard. Every time i try to lean up, i get weaker, miserable, injured. Every time i try bulk up, i get stuck at 85kg. The other guys are too scared to try bulk a little incase they can't see abs, so they never PB in any lifts.

If you want it all - natural, very strong and lean, you better have Tom Martin genetics.

Well, depends what you mean by lean actually. Everyone tries to get to/maintain single digit % at my gym.
» Box squats (Go to post)12-03-2014 @ 10:24 
HeavySingle said:I made my box squat from 6" x 2" and some ply. All I did was make a 10" high box and a 4" high box so the height could be changed depending on who was using it. Timber cost about £40 from yard plus some screws and no more nails. Even though there high there still impressive squats buddy

Good idea. Do you have a home gym, or do you have a gym that lets you leave it there?

Yes, it's very high. 95% of my squats for the past 4 years have been ATG with a pause so i'm not trying to claim this is a pb or anything. Normally i see parallel as high too, but i feel to switch things up atm.

12345678910 ... ... 4445464748495051525354

You are here: HomeForumHUGE_GUY → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions