Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosAwesome in so many ways!

Awesome in so many ways!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Gingy
Not the biggest feat of strength I've ever seen but I thought this was very cool:

If that is allowed I MUST learn it!
Ha! Thats cool what that called?
Rodger said:Ha! Thats cool what that called?

Clean and Jerk Grin
Post Edited: 24.10.2012 @ 13:59 PM by MarkClegg
If i had to guess i`d say Cameroon .. They have had alot of lifters lift this way over the years .. Most of the good lifters get taken over to lift for France .

Vencelas Dabaya World Champion in 2005 i think one example and he uses this technique too .
Post Edited: 24.10.2012 @ 14:06 PM by MattD90
lol this is so apt given the thread the other day on wide grip/sumo comparison

I think Kendrick farris does this a bit too
MattD90 said:lol this is so apt given the thread the other day on wide grip/sumo comparison

I think Kendrick farris does this a bit too

I was just thinking, its kinda the OH equavalent of a sumo deadlift, yet people seem to have less issue with this
Post Edited: 24.10.2012 @ 14:23 PM by MarkClegg
This weightlifter is called Batchaya Brice ... I remember him from Chaing Mai.

I don`t see it as a problem in any way .

Clean narrow jerk wide - Fine

Clean wide jerk wide - Fine

Clean wide jerk narrow - Fine

I seen them all work for certain people and never heard a single complaint about it as it is an incredibly difficult skill to master .
A couple of Egyptian lifters do the same if I recall correctly, it is a definite skill.
That's brilliant - genius!

If I tried that in my back garden I would lose my bar and bumpers for ever (as well as SNAP MY s**t UP!).
slimsim
I've tried doing it that way but once I've come out of a clean my uber long monkey arms are pinned under the bar and going nowhere. I've also tried popping it off my shoulders as i stand up and readjusting my grip - invariably I end up with my hands in completely different positions.

It's definitely a skill in itself!
What about that chinese woman who cleans with a snatch grip then moves her hands to catch it in?
adillon10
slimsim said:I've tried doing it that way but once I've come out of a clean my uber long monkey arms are pinned under the bar and going nowhere. I've also tried popping it off my shoulders as i stand up and readjusting my grip - invariably I end up with my hands in completely different positions.

It's definitely a skill in itself!

I know exactly what you mean! They make it look so easy
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosAwesome in so many ways!
Return to top View Desktop Site