Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitpowerlifting and rugby

powerlifting and rugby

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

massive
how many people on here play rugby and powerlift or are oly lifters?
i personally think that Powerlifting, weightlifting or and strongman make rugby look like football
JackRevans said:i personally think that Powerlifting, weightlifting or and strongman make rugby look like football

lol, i think its a very different sport!

defo think being good at rugby is just if not more difficult. being strong, fit and fast as well as being decent at the technical side aint easy.
Bish for one plays rugby.
Quite a few people used to play rugby to differeing levels
I played rugby, then did PL now back to rugby, I wouldn't fancy trying to be good at both at the same time
depends how serious you take your sport

"jack of all trades master of non"
fctilidie
JackRevans said:i personally think that Powerlifting, weightlifting or and strongman make rugby look like football

Obviously never stepped on a rugby field.

I played last year while lifting and it's hard to make really good progress with all the injuries you pick up. For 2 days after every game I'd still be walking like I'd s**t myself.
Yeah i played pro rugby for a year then juggled national level rugby and strongman for a season. Managed it but i gotta admit i gain a lot more strength when i chopped 15 a side and focused more on lifting.

Finding it hard to give up 7s though... Happy

Think it can be done but the level of success in each sport depends on the standard of rugby and the individual themselves.
Retired from rugby 30 years ago after being banned by my club for being too aggresive!!! Personally I think the opposing winger (yes I was playing on the wing back then) deserved it.Happy Happy Happy
Post Edited: 20.10.2011 @ 23:58 PM by Wiegieboard
I train a couple of good rugby players using powerlifting methods.It's working a treat cuz they're TOP OF THE LEAGUE AND YOU'RE NOOOO!

Rugby's a f**king brutal sport. I took up MMA because it was less violent and safer.
Agree with the others. You can do both, but you wont be at your best for either.

The level of rugby you play will go along way to determining your recovery ability and hence your lifting progress.
fctilidie said:
Obviously never stepped on a rugby field.
I played last year while lifting and it's hard to make really good progress with all the injuries you pick up. For 2 days after every game I'd still be walking like I'd s**t myself.

x 2 Happy I don't know about playing in one of the girlie positions (ie 4-15), but propping week in week really takes it out of you - especially if you are getting on a bit
Tony_Bonner said:
x 2 Happy I don't know about playing in one of the girlie positions (ie 4-15), but propping week in week really takes it out of you - especially if you are getting on a bit

I dont think you can class wing as a girly position.
wow look at the yellow guy sprint just before the other guy is fliped
streak
Nice big hit but illegal?! No attempt to grasp the player - it's effectively an NFL style 'tackle'.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitpowerlifting and rugby
Return to top View Desktop Site