Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitIbuprofen.

Ibuprofen.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

What's all this about? Who takes it? and why do you?

I am intrigued
Me ! Because I just love that sweet pink sugar coating !! Mmm
I do it for the banter.
its like a pain killer that also reduces swelling/anti inflammatory.
alot of people train with it because of the above.
ah so it's just for soreness. Fair enough
I feel very sorry for the stomach lining of anyone who takes this stuff everyday.
FAT_SAM said:I feel very sorry for the stomach lining of anyone who takes this stuff everyday.

x2
MarkClegg said:Me ! Because I just love that sweet pink sugar coating !! Mmm

I like to think of them as 'diet sweets'
My boss's daughter had a severe reaction with ibuprofen in that she was taking it for to help with pain relief in you kidneys and now the poor lass has glaucoma. He said that one of the side effects could effect vision. But she was taking a high dosage fir around a year.

Now as for me I take it on back days and the day after back day.
Post Edited: 03.04.2011 @ 22:01 PM by gossamer
Thing said:My boss's daughter had a severe reaction with ibuprofen in that she was taking it for to help with pain relief in you kidneys and now the poor lass has glaucoma. He said that one of the side effects could effect vision. But she was taking a high dosage fir around a year.

Now as for me I take it on back days and the day after back day.

I'll never touch ibuprofen again. I was hospitalised for s**tting and vomiting blood (hosepipe style) due to taking them to eleviate the symptoms of a somewhat bizarre & disturbing illness I was suffering from a couple of years back.
Namonster said:I do it for the banter.

lol!
I used to take a lot during my knee problems, and ended up with a stomach ulcer.

Use painkillers rarely now, and would be more likely to use ibuprofen or diclofenac gel or tiger balm instead
I tend to use 600-800mg before training (currently only train 2 days a week though)

haven't took any for a whole though as have a s**t load of diclofenac
I take it pre emptively when I get the feeling that I'm going to go through a lot of inflammation in a training session. Once or twice a week... I find this more effective than using it to treat pain after it's already happened.
Not a big fan of pain killers tbh you can fix most of the symptoms that pain killers are used for through other methods such as good recovery, stretching, ice and massage
Plus I feel if your body is that sore that's trying to tell you something and blanking pain out could cause bigger problems
Not disding the regular users of pain killerscjust giving my outlook

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitIbuprofen.
Return to top View Desktop Site