REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 318 guests
You are here: HomeForumgossamer → View All Posts

View All Posts: gossamer

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 06:59 
PAGAN said:

Wink

c**t!
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)21-07-2011 @ 06:59 
JackRevans said:How does one improve abdominal strength without increasing hip flexer and quat strength and tightness?

Dunno. Weighted decline situps with long pauses?
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)20-07-2011 @ 20:36 
Tom_Martin said:
http://runnersfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Foam_Roller1...

Why have you posted a picture of a tampon?
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)20-07-2011 @ 06:50 
Tom_Martin said:
If you would care to look at my awesome diagram which is actually better than that piece of s**t you posted I think you will find the answer. Stretch out the over powering muscle groups, strengthen the s**t ones.

I have no s**t muscle groups. All my muscle groups are temendous. Apart from my f**king calves.
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)20-07-2011 @ 06:46 
nick said:
i seem to also have this, weak abs?

No my abs are pretty strong I train them everyday including decline situps. I think I might just have a massive african arse.
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)19-07-2011 @ 23:03 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:My camera is worse than yours. Nobody's taking my title away from me!

True.
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)19-07-2011 @ 22:59 
Tom_Martin said:It's also why your waist band / shirt is 3ft higher at the back than at the front.

If I got some special shoes made with a heel at the front would this help correct the issue?
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)19-07-2011 @ 22:51 
Post Edited: 19.07.2011 @ 22:51 PM by gossamer
Angry
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)19-07-2011 @ 22:51 
This is me on the far right. I've been a f**king cripple all these years!!! No wonder none of my f**king kex fit!!Unhappy

[IMG]http://secure.pharmacytimes.com/lessons/html/images/osteop_pre...
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)19-07-2011 @ 21:13 
General_ill said:Are they strength shop oly shoes ? Have you always used them to DL in. I used to but changed to bare feet.

Yes! But f**k me I think I have Lordosis!
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)19-07-2011 @ 20:39 
Post Edited: 19.07.2011 @ 20:40 PM by gossamer
Tom_Martin said:Hmmmmm.... difficult....

firstly, your grip looks a bit wide?

and my instinct is that your hamstrings aren't strong enough. probably combined with tight quads and hip flexors. it's evident from your finished position that you have a lot of lordotic curve/anteriorly tilted pelvis going on...

Just what I was thinking..

:edit:

apart from the bit about the hams.
» New Conan The Barbarian Movie Trailer. (Go to post)19-07-2011 @ 20:31 
I prefer the original. Actually that's not true I've never watched beyond the intro as let's face it it's a f**king awful film. I may download this and play it in the car on the way to the gym.
» What's wrong with my deadlift form (apart from everything)? (Go to post)19-07-2011 @ 20:22 
This was a 240 from a couple of weeks back. Sorry about the Wayne type quality of the vid. The weight seems easy to get off the floor but about halway up it's like I hit some sort of invisible wall. Is it centre of gravity or what? Shoes maybe? Please note I don't usually have time to add in rack pulls etc so just want to improve my conventional deadlift form if there's anything glaringly obvious.

Feel free to rip the piss out of my wank form but leave my arse out of it.
» Alex Reid on gladiators (Go to post)19-07-2011 @ 18:16 
» How does a Strength Athlete know when he is 'overweight' ? (Go to post)17-07-2011 @ 21:30 
Terminator said:People that don't lift seem to use BMI to gauge whether they are carrying too much body fat which might carry health risks. As a mediocre lifter I am probably not the best example, but those who lift will carry more muscle and therefore BMI won't be appropriate..

I've heard that waist size is a better indicator, and I have read that a man with a waist over 37 inches is endangering his health, and a man with a waist over 40 inches is severly endangering his health (obviously this measure doesn't account for height). But even then a lifter will normally have a bigger trunk/core and waistline than he who does not lift. (mariusz pudzianowski and darren sadler for example have 37 inch and 39 inch waists respectivly at normal height and neither man carries much fat)

EDIT: so how can does a lifter know when he is too fat?

I have a bit of a gut but there are slightly visible abs on top of that gut. Almost like a GH gut. So am I carrying lots of visceral fat around? Not sure but I think squats can enlarge the abdomen. Some health bloke at work and his BMI machine once told me I was about 50% fat. Pure bo***cks. BMI is not worth a splash of piss.

12345678910 ... ... 2324252627282930313233

You are here: HomeForumgossamer → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions