Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitIbuprofen.

Ibuprofen.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

i recently tore my quad, over stretched all my ligaments! and ruptured my patella tendon!

if i dont take these i cant train...

...i tryed not training and it didnt agree with me!
JamieC said:I would strongly suggest not taking ibuprofen, diclofenac or other NSAIDs regularly as they are very hard on your stomach lining and also your kidneys, both of which you don't want to f**k up.

Ironically I started popping ibuprofens because my stomach and kidneys were a bit f**ked up.
BigSam said:i recently tore my quad, over stretched all my ligaments! and ruptured my patella tendon!

if i dont take these i cant train...

...i tryed not training and it didnt agree with me!

It might not damage your stomach but it can f**k up your kidneys and liver.
I know we can't give it the little un because he was born with a broken kidney and I used to work for a bloke who had something nasty happen because of it and temporary went blind
dr_hazbun
BigSam said:
but i dont think it effects the stomach lining if your a big eater!!!!!

lol

please stop taking 1600mg at once
dr_hazbun
tz1127 said:
First session of the week my left elbow/arn hurt less.
By the end of the week my left elbow/arm hurt more.
Yes I will take time off and rehab injuries. I'm doing this because of an upcoming comp. After the comp next week I will drop all NSAID and start rehab etc. No point of dropping out of a comp and wasting 12 weeks of training for minor aches and pains.

sounds sensible
Its good for hangovers, especially when you have gobbled down a couple of paracetamol and the headache is still there.
BigSam said:but i dont think it effects the stomach lining if your a big eater!!!!![/quote

it inhibits prostaglandins, which are responsible for inflammation and various other things, among which are the production of mucus by appropriate cells. So....it hinders mucus production by cells which make up your stomach lining; the mucus stops your stomach acid digesting your stomach so will still f**k your stomach lining up somewhat even if you eat loads...maybe even moreso as by eating more you produce moire stomach acid which will damage your un-mucussed stomach lining even faster.
doc77 said:
BigSam said:but i dont think it effects the stomach lining if your a big eater!!!!![/quote
it inhibits prostaglandins, which are responsible for inflammation and various other things, among which are the production of mucus by appropriate cells. So....it hinders mucus production by cells which make up your stomach lining; the mucus stops your stomach acid digesting your stomach so will still f**k your stomach lining up somewhat even if you eat loads...maybe even moreso as by eating more you produce moire stomach acid which will damage your un-mucussed stomach lining even faster.

Ah right. Are you reccomending I take 1600mg on an empty stomach then? I'll start right away!
dr_hazbun said:
lol
please stop taking 1600mg at once

HAHA...made me laugh...
Tom_Martin said:
you're in pain because your tendons are inflamed.

Inflammed tendon is still just a symptom though, isn't it? The root cause of these things is probably tech issue, laggging muscle, flexibility, volume etc etc
Tom_Martin said:
Ah right. Are you reccomending I take 1600mg on an empty stomach then? I'll start right away!

Real men have stomach ulcers Wink
tz1127 said:
Inflammed tendon is still just a symptom though, isn't it? The root cause of these things is probably tech issue, laggging muscle, flexibility, volume etc etc

And all those things are just 'symptoms' of the real underlying issue. Training. How far back do we go with this before we can justify something as fixing the pain and not hiding it?
doc77 said:

So I guess NSAID ingested topically actually causes the same issues as well?
tz1127 said:
So I guess NSAID ingested topically actually causes the same issues as well?

I don't know about you, but I have no desire to ingest any amount of ibuprofen gel/creme. It tastes awful.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitIbuprofen.
Return to top View Desktop Site