Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsRoberts Training Journal.

Roberts Training Journal.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

tryst
Post Edited: 19.12.2010 @ 22:21 PM by tryst
Dips for the bench and for the win Neil!

SUNDAY.

DEADLIFT.

70kg x 5.
120kg x 3.
170kg x 2.
190kg x 1.
205kg x 1. (belt)
220kg x f.
180kg x 5.

STIFF LEG DEADS. (D.O.H)

120kg x 10.
120kg x 10.
120kg x 10.

CLEANS.

70kg x 3.
80kg x 3.
90kg x 3 + 2 x f.
95kg x f x 5!!!!

Even ended up on the deck, falling backwards on one attempt, wish we had caught it on camera!.

MILITARY PRESS.

70kg x 10.
tryst
THURSDAY.

ZERCHER SQUATS.

Bar x 10.
40kg x 5.
60kg x 5.
80kg x 5.
100kg x 5.

FRONT SQUAT.

60kg x 5.
80kg x 5.
100kg x 5.

BACK SQUAT.

100kg x 5.
100kg x 5.
100kg x 5.
100kg x 5.
100kg x 5.
100kg x 10.
100kg x 5. (PAUSED)

STIFF LEG DEADS.

100kg x 10.
120kg x 10.
130kg x 5.

Month of December has been crap! Felt crap, training crap, work crap! Roll on time off, loadsa food n rest and new year.
All back squats were messing around with stance, grip width, bar placement, you name it, not much felt right.
Zerchers are keepers tho! Really felt them around the core.
tryst
FRIDAY.

Quick n easy sesh before gym shuts for festive.

DUMBELL FLYES.

14kg x 15.
22kg x 10.
30kg x 10.

FLAT DUMBELL PRESS.

40kg x 6.
40kg x 6.
40kg x 6.

BENCHPRESS.

60kg x 5.
80kg x 5.
100kg x 5.
110kg x 5 x 3.

DIPS.

BW x 10.
BW + 10kg x 5.
BW + 20kg x 5.
BW + 30kg x 5.
BW + 40kg x 5.

TRICEP PULLDOWNS.

30kg x 15 x 3.

TRICEP ROPEPULLS.

15kg x 15 x 3.
tryst
TUESDAY 28th.

Had to cancel a Unit visit and do a solo gym sesh, so started first week of Coan deadlift routine. Starting with conservative max to make sure i complete it and let the assistance do its stuff and all going well run it back to back and look for good gains 2nd time round.

DEADLIFT.

70kg x 5.
120kg x5.
162.5kg x 2. (75%)

SPEED DEADLIFT. (60%)

130kg x 3 x 8. (90 sec rest between 8 sets)

STIFF LEG DEADS.

100kg x 8 x 3. (90 sec rest)

BENT OVER ROW.

90kg x 8 x 3. (90 sec rest)

CHINS. (underhand grip)

BW x 8 x 3.

ARCHED BACK GOODMORNINGS.

60kg x 8 x 3.

Wasnt sure on what weight to use on assistance circuits so can adjust them for week two. Found the volume tough tho:Eek
Good luck on the coan routine.

I hope to do it sonetime!!
tryst
Thing said:Good luck on the coan routine.

Cheers!! Should be good. First few weeks look tough volume wise but anything that gets my weak hammies working cant be bad!
I love the Coan routine, really enjoyed it.

How much you hoping to add? I will do it again eventually, when I know I will have 10 weeks without interruptions.

Just do the assistance stuff at a weight that you can only just finish all the circuits. If it gets easy, go heavier.

See you have decided to try the zerchers too. I think they will have good carryover to a few strongman events, and I really enjoy them, find it a really comfortable position.
tryst
just ten kilo this time. Want to complete the routine, want to hammer the assistance to get the full benefit of it and concentrate on actual gains second. I will up the assistance weight as i go too. You were right bout zerchers davy, they felt beta than they looked anyway!
conans zerchers! this is like something oot a sci fi movie what happend to good old bend over and pick the f**king thing upGrin

you know me robert i dont follow many routines but i recon this could be a good one for you and yer 18in are flying just now that can only improve your floor deads.. a might be up for some of these zerchers am enjoying the fronties aswell.
tryst
I know! Well we cant all be one rep wonders like you, looks like im gonna have to put some serious graft in mate to get these numbers movingEek
Me and Friday just started the Coan routine for 18"ers! Minus the assistance though coz we're too lazy!
tryst
buzz said:Me and Friday just started the Coan routine for 18"ers! Minus the assistance though coz we're too lazy!

Oohh that sounds good mate, need to lemme know how that goes. Ive been enjoying 18"ers lately, probably same laziness reason that my floor deads suck, id rather do half a dead than a full one!
Ross_Harkins
tryst said:just ten kilo this time. Want to complete the routine, want to hammer the assistance to get the full benefit of it and concentrate on actual gains second. I will up the assistance weight as i go too. You were right bout zerchers davy, they felt beta than they looked anyway!

Aye thinking zerchers might be worth a look, although I've been front squatting past two weeks want to run them for a while. your deads routine looks to be heavy duty volume wise, good luck with it, I'm the opposite as I normally formulate routines and stick to them, this time going by feel, will stillkeep up volume but my strategy will be very different this time.
Looks a good start to the new plan Robert, I think you will do well out of it.
tryst
Well Ross, Marc does just fine playing things by ear but i think my squats n deads need so much work that the weight aint too important just now but doing them much more often will benefit me in the long run so plan to try a couple of routines and stick to em for a while.

Zerchers were good, think youd have fun with them as you got a decent front squat to start with.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsRoberts Training Journal.
Return to top View Desktop Site