Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsSPOLA has not been a failure ! current leaderboard enclosed

SPOLA has not been a failure ! current leaderboard enclosed

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

shortandmighty
Awesome, I'm in. will there be a points system based on length of time paused over weight of squatGrin
EDCLARKE said:Pause front squat competition:

Rule 1 , minimum standard of dress to take part is a vest , but if you want to replicate Andy Littlers ultra raw squat video that's fine too.

Rule 2 whilst pausing the squat at the bottom the contestants must recite a poem , verse from a song , or any other interesting recital.

2 weight categories , over 95k and under 95k ,trophies for first place and a third trophy for the best video .

Competition starts from this Saturday ( 22nd of March)

Knee sleeves permitted or not ?
f**ks sake Ed, lots of questions to be answered. Get on with it Grin
Post Edited: 21.03.2014 @ 11:09 AM by Motorbiker
That feel when there's never an u80kg class. Tongue

The original SPOLa had an u78kg "lightweight" class. Would like to see a return of that for the tiny guys.
Motorbiker said:That feel when there's never an u80kg class. Tongue

Lets create a splinter group!! Even though i'm still fat and over 80 :/
Knee sleeves ok , no wraps .

For the lighter lads unfortunately yes your at a disadvantage , but 1 it's not the winning its the taking part that counts , and 2 There's a couple of British guys at worlds strongest man this year Ben Kelsey and Hixy they weigh about 125/130kg they are competing against Brian shaw who weighs 200kg plus , I make that a 75kg disadvantage so things could be a lot worse.

I'd add another weight class but I can't be arsed to make an extra trophy!
shortandmighty said:Awesome, I'm in. will there be a points system based on length of time paused over weight of squatGrin

NoGrin

It will just lead to argument , however failing to pause the squat for long enough will lead to disqualification. ( poor pronunciation will also be penalised)
bryce said:Sounds good Ed, Im in - might do two videos one proper and one with a longer recital

As many entries as you like mate , I'll run the comp for 6 to 8 weeks so you can do a starting point vid and then train the lift and see how much you progress by the end.

Best hone your accent so we can understand youGrin
EDCLARKE said:
As many entries as you like mate , I'll run the comp for 6 to 8 weeks so you can do a starting point vid and then train the lift and see how much you progress by the end.
Best hone your accent so we can understand youGrin

Extra points if we dont wash the vest for 6-8 weeks? Extra points for a Rab C string vest?
Obviously the worse state the vest the more points , bonus points for a kilt and tartan cap orange wig comboGrin
EDCLARKE said:Obviously the worse state the vest the more points , bonus points for a kilt and tartan cap orange wig comboGrin

f**king LOL, I shall see what I can do
EDCLARKE said:Obviously the worse state the vest the more points , bonus points for a kilt and tartan cap orange wig comboGrin

What about just being ginger :P And if I do the pausie wearing a kilt (i'm not going to) but hyperthetically, and go commando, so at the bottom my tip pokes out while i pause, will this get me bonus points ?
Killelay said:
What about just being ginger :P And if I do the pausie wearing a kilt (i'm not going to) but hyperthetically, and go commando, so at the bottom my tip pokes out while i pause, will this get me bonus points ?

The only thing that will get you is a load of unsolicited pm's from Boar comprising of naked photos and directions to a carpark off the m6. Trust me you don't want to go there.
EDCLARKE said:
The only thing that will get you is a load of unsolicited pm's from Boar comprising of naked photos and directions to a carpark off the m6. Trust me you don't want to go there.

He told me I was the only one he took to that carpark!
bryce said:
He told me I was the only one he took to that carpark!

What can I say Bryce , Boar is a dirty rape cheater!

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsSPOLA has not been a failure ! current leaderboard enclosed
Return to top View Desktop Site