Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsScottish Under 90kg Strongest Man 2010

Scottish Under 90kg Strongest Man 2010

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Competition database entry found for this thread: Scottish Under 90kg Strongest Man 2010 (19-06-2010)

get your misses to show you how to do it she was showing up most of the guys last time we had it out
Bushingman
Great set of events i can only hope the englosh one's are as goodHappy
nitemairs
robocop said:
good man drew you are not a c**t

lol.... mmmmm not so sure tho Grin

The freak argument is spot on though! That is the whole point of STRONGMAN be it u90, u105 open or WSM. I too will join Drew in giving my all at Andys u105 comp & last place is fine as long as i can look myself in the mirror & say 'that was my best'
stainless
Can't see what all the fuss is about,clearly under 90kgs is the way to go,every one will progress up the weigh categories and eventualy we'll have a vast number of guys wanting to do the open qualifiers.In fact i'd go so far as to say that the winner of the under 90s will probably be winning the open title in about 5years if all goes according to theory.After all that's what happens in boxing isn't it the flyweight eventually becomes heavyweight and so on,same for weightlifting,powerlifting etc,no,wait a minute am i getting confused here and does it just lead to loads of little lesser comps and hundreds of categories?
Anyway the guy that runs the local body pump class has approached me and asked me to run an under 60kgs Scotland's strongest man comp,it seems only fair as apparently there are some really strong guys in it,i've seen them load some of those bars up to 80kg.It seems they've watched Strongman on the telly for years and really fancy having a competition with strongman in the title.I've explained to them that most of the guys in the gym that don't even compete could easily outlift them but they're undeterred and i can't come up with any good reason why it shouldn't go ahead.They've put up posters everywere and there's at least 400 people coming to see this strongman comp,i certainly hope that they're not disapointed and that this will encourage them to come and watch the opens.
If it's a success then maybe these guys will move up to the 70s next year.Having said that the guys from the yoga class are making some noise about an under 50s so i'll see what way it goes,after all it's all about taking part isn't it not everybody should have to be strong to win a National strongman title.
why dont you start a thread about your under 60kg comp? im sure we'll have a scintillating 36 page thread discussing the merits of weight classes in strongman in no time! just what we need!
Interesting thread ... I've still never heard a good reason that 90kg strongman is a bad idea so i'm pretty sure its going in the right direction .. Good on you little f**kers ..

Some people it seems want strongman too be a more popular sport with more cash yet unaccessable to 99% of the country .. Great idea .Roll-Eyes
stainless said:
Anyway the guy that runs the local body pump class has approached me and asked me to run an under 60kgs Scotland's strongest man comp,it seems only fair as apparently there are some really strong guys in it,i've seen them load some of those bars up to 80kg.It seems they've watched Strongman on the telly for years and really fancy having a competition with strongman in the title.I've explained to them that most of the guys in the gym that don't even compete could easily outlift them but they're undeterred and i can't come up with any good reason why it shouldn't go ahead.They've put up posters everywere and there's at least 400 people coming to see this strongman comp,i certainly hope that they're not disapointed and that this will encourage them to come and watch the opens.
If it's a success then maybe these guys will move up to the 70s next year.Having said that the guys from the yoga class are making some noise about an under 50s so i'll see what way it goes,after all it's all about taking part isn't it not everybody should have to be strong to win a National strongman title.

Surely this is a joke.
MrSmall
richards9876 said:
Surely this is a joke.

Yes I think he is taking the piss a tad.
hey i am an admin but dont know how to split all the BULLs**t posts from this thread, if rob has time perhaps he can.

Now i hope all the whiners f**k off from this thread and open their own one if they want to discuss the stuff which has been discussed many times over.
lil_lee
looks like an absolute belting comp this....
Joni said:hey i am an admin but dont know how to split all the BULLs**t posts from this thread, if rob has time perhaps he can.

Now i hope all the whiners f**k off from this thread and open their own one if they want to discuss the stuff which has been discussed many times over.

enough said!

events for this comp look great!
I kinda want to be scottish and 16kg lighter. am I a c**t? Grin

yo brian stop putting on comps im ineligible for!
lil_lee
stainless said:Can't see what all the fuss is about,clearly under 90kgs is the way to go,every one will progress up the weigh categories and eventualy we'll have a vast number of guys wanting to do the open qualifiers.In fact i'd go so far as to say that the winner of the under 90s will probably be winning the open title in about 5years if all goes according to theory.After all that's what happens in boxing isn't it the flyweight eventually becomes heavyweight and so on,same for weightlifting,powerlifting etc,no,wait a minute am i getting confused here and does it just lead to loads of little lesser comps and hundreds of categories?

aww this reminds me of titch.. who remembers him....

facts are there are some daft strong guys under 90kg which is why it works....

kenny pullin 260 weighing less then a tub of low fat marge, tom martin pullin a ipf/gbf/abc/123 legal 305 at under 80

last year there wasnt much evedence that itd work but its jus gone national.... HAPPY DAYS
Nick79
Thanks for the support fellas.

We are all entitled to our opinions and I don't have a problem with anybody voicing theres in relation to this, but could we please keep this thread for the comp, events, info, etc. By all means start a new thread if needed.

Cheers
Nick
stainless said:Can't see what all the fuss is about,clearly under 90kgs is the way to go,every one will progress up the weigh categories and eventualy we'll have a vast number of guys wanting to do the open qualifiers.In fact i'd go so far as to say that the winner of the under 90s will probably be winning the open title in about 5years if all goes according to theory.After all that's what happens in boxing isn't it the flyweight eventually becomes heavyweight and so on,same for weightlifting,powerlifting etc,no,wait a minute am i getting confused here and does it just lead to loads of little lesser comps and hundreds of categories?

LOL! I don't think I can make the u60kg but I'll definitely work towards the u90kg.

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsScottish Under 90kg Strongest Man 2010
Return to top View Desktop Site