Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsScottish Under 90kg Strongest Man 2010

Scottish Under 90kg Strongest Man 2010

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Competition database entry found for this thread: Scottish Under 90kg Strongest Man 2010 (19-06-2010)

Who are the final four then?
Friday Lee
Youngy
ITRG?

Dont want to wish anyone good luck who is not doing it.
baldy said:Who are the final four then?
Friday Lee
Youngy
ITRG?

Dont want to wish anyone good luck who is not doing it.

Aye, and Jeremy.

Anyone's for the taking!
Jeremy

all the best tomorrow chaps
good luck fellow u 90ers !!
Well then good luck Friday Lee, Youngy, ITRG and Jeremy.
It could be anyones, Lee is a 90kg monster, youngy has been secretly training in his garage and if ITRG can stop smiling and get the rage on who knows what will happen.
baldy said:Well then good luck Friday Lee, Youngy, ITRG and Jeremy.
It could be anyones, Lee is a 90kg monster, youngy has been secretly training in his garage and if ITRG can stop smiling and get the rage on who knows what will happen.

cheers baldy it will be a good comp and really close just a shame theres only 4 but you have to be in it to win so may the best man win on the day

Happy
can't believe there is only 4 guys competing at this. Eek Eek
good luck scotlands finest mini monsters! wish i could watch but live to far away. hopefully i will be lucky enough to get to compete with you at britains
muir2010
I hear goose is the referree at the competition
muir2010
looking forward to seeing jeremy up against the best 90 kilos scotlands strongest men.......good luck to everyone on the day
How's it going
Done and dusted in 2 hours! Happy Cracking comp, good to have Goose down as head ref, solid crowd, and gutsy performance from all!

Thanks to spotters/loaders helpers as always, Goose, Emo, Bicep, Apprentice, Bernie, Mrs Nick, any others I forgot Happy

I don't have the full results with me, but it was very tight between Friday and Jeremy, with Lee just doing enough to eventually win by a few points. Half a point between 3rd and 4th with Ian just doing enough to keep Youngy at bay.

Full results to come (probably Monday though) and hopefully some pics/videos too.
Copied from my journal....

Had a good day at the comp today. Only 4 competitors turned up but it meant that it was going to be tough and close. Quick write up.

Weighed in as soon as I arrived with all my gear on at 86.8kg.

First event - Max Log starting at 80kg, I injured my lower lat last week training this and its been sore all week so decided it was best to skip this event instead of risking it for the rest of the comp. Jeremy won with an easy 95kg, ian and lee tied on 90kg.

0 Points.

Second Event - 110kg Farmers 40m with drop and turn at 20m. Was up first because I skipped the log, big wake up call it felt heavy! Finished in 30 something seconds and came 2nd behind Lee winning with a speedy 24s. On the 2nd pickup I probably rushed it a bit and never gripped properly so dropped it after a few metres and then held on to the end. Dropped a couple of seconds maybe here but wouldn't have effected anything.

3 Points.

Third Event - 280kg tyre x4 flips then 100k, 117kg stone to ~50". Up 3rd on this, main aim was to finish in a reasonable time, maybe wasted a few seconds messing around with tacky but again wouldnt have effected outcome of the event. Finished 3rd in 48s, with jeremy getting 30ish seconds and lee about 27ish.

2 Points.

Fourth Event - 300kg Sled Arm over Arm. Up 2nd here, Ian got around 31s before me, I got 32ish and Jeremy and Lee were a good bit faster around low to mid 20s not sure but I came last in this. Had only done arm over arm once before and my technique was terrible so I got found out here.

1 Point.

Last Event - 200kg Axle deadlift for reps in 75s. Up first on this as I was sitting in last place by half a point here. Managed 4 reps struggling a few inches from lockout to make the 5th. I expected more here but I was drained and 5 reps won it. Came joint 3rd here with Iain so we shared the points and he kept me in 4th overall place by half a point.

1.5 Points.

Overall - 7.5 points and 4th place (or LAST).

Had a good experience at the comp and was good to meet jeremy and compete with him, lee and iain. Aim for the comp was to get some more comp experience in and I've done that. Missed going to the brits by a point which is a bit disappointing and all ifs and buts aside I would only have been there making up the numbers anyway. Still have some good weight to pack on at U90 so hope to come back next year bigger and stronger and more competive at U90.

Well done all the guys involved and thanks to brian, nick for putting on the comp, all the loaders/spotters martin, bicep, and goose for coming down to ref and everyone else if I've missed anyone.

Heres my video of the day and I think I have videos of everyone on every event which I'll try to get up on sunday night if everyone wants me to / dosent mind.

jeremy1987
Post Edited: 19.06.2010 @ 20:09 PM by jeremy1987
well done boys was a brill comp really tight 1 to was brill meeting u all to guysHappy Happy Happy
good job boys, hope you enjoyed it!

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsScottish Under 90kg Strongest Man 2010
Return to top View Desktop Site