REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 214 guests

Are you intelligent?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

PompyIconAre you intelligent?10-01-2011 @ 13:43 
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
As per the title, are you intelligent/educated?

What prompts this is I've just done the first of four final year Uni exams, which I am almost certain I have failed (it was about Digital Broadcasting. It was f**king ninja. I had banked on it being like the previous years papers but was it f**k.

Basically I think this uni lark is just one step too far for my brain/capability. I am pushing it but just don't get half the stuff. I did alright in my GCSE's and other courses with little/no revision.... but I just can't do this stuff.
davycummingsIcon...10-01-2011 @ 13:48 
he's got betty davis eyes
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Intelligent, I once thought so, but some recent decisions prove otherwise. Educated I guess so.

Final year uni stuff is usually s**t. I found it all easy till the last term, then found it tough going. I think by then i had my mind on being finished though, as I hated my course, but was too stubborn to change.

You often end up doing better than you thought you have. Hope so anyway, and that the others feel like they go better. Remember though, if it feels too easy you have probably missed something
tz1127Icon...10-01-2011 @ 13:49 
Member 1419, 2281 posts
SQ 175, BP 105, DL 240
520.0 kgs @ 82kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 10.01.2011 @ 13:50 PM by tz1127
Pompy said:As per the title, are you intelligent/educated?

What prompts this is I've just done the first of four final year Uni exams, which I am almost certain I have failed (it was about Digital Broadcasting. It was f**king ninja. I had banked on it being like the previous years papers but was it f**k.

Basically I think this uni lark is just one step too far for my brain/capability. I am pushing it but just don't get half the stuff. I did alright in my GCSE's and other courses with little/no revision.... but I just can't do this stuff.

"intelligent" does not equal "educated"; qualified via exams does not always = edcated sometimes too.

Looks like you just haven't put enough effort in - all this talk about banking your exam "on it being like the previous years papers". You should never have put yourself in a position to gamble like that.
drewIcon...10-01-2011 @ 13:50 
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8404 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
I suppose I am. Ive got a degree which I found easy. Spent uni getting steaming/t**tting around and not doing any home work. Fortunately the degree (radiography) is practical and my ability in this allowed me to wing the exams on the most part. You know me dave the only thing I had an issue with was an optional ethics essay, may not be a supprise to you. What's load of bo***cks ethics is

Either way now I'm a bit more grown up, I actually find it easier to commit to work/ learning/ reading but I have nothing to study for

As per your predicament. You may supprise yourself.
JCIcon...10-01-2011 @ 13:51 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Yes......VERY Grin

I did very well at GCSE's and A-Levels

Degree level Biochemistry though......that was some mind boggling s**t!
PompyIcon...10-01-2011 @ 13:51 
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
tz1127 said:
"intelligent" does not equal "educated"; qualified via exams does not always = edcated sometimes too.
Looks like you just haven't put enough effort in - all this talk about banking your exam "on it being like the previous years papers". You should never have put yourself in a position to gamble like that.

Can't argue with the truth. The reason I did that though as because the two lecturers told us that if we could do those questions we would be fine for the exam. For the next one its more a case of having to know the subject inside and out as opposed to learning word for word.
BigSamIcon...10-01-2011 @ 13:53 
HORRIBLE MEDLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Member 621, 4744 posts
SQ 340, BP 220, DL 335
895.0 kgs @ 106kgs Eq
im pritty thick ( Never Been Uni )

But I Do Have A Few Qualifications,

Mechanic Certs level 1,2,3
Mechanic Diploma in Maintenance and Repair
Few Maths Ones And English Ones
Few IT Ones!

But I Guess You Can Say Compaired To a Few Of You Uni Guys!

Im Not Very Educated Grin
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...10-01-2011 @ 13:55 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22059 posts
Post Edited: 05.10.2017 @ 22:17 PM by Wayne_Cowdrey
MrSmallIcon...10-01-2011 @ 13:58 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 10.01.2011 @ 13:58 PM by MrSmall

Misread it, poo.
baldyIcon...10-01-2011 @ 13:59 
aka The Scorer
Member 1195, 861 posts
SQ 165, BP 110, DL 232.5
507.5 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
As most people said already, its easy to think you did really badly after an exam. Even if you have, the whole group could have done badly and the results will be adjusted. So do not stress it until you get the results.

You are intelligent enough to do the course else they would not have let you sign up for it (99% of the time). So don't doubt your ability.

The ninja plan to spot the previous years paper was equally cunning genius and stupid.
davycummingsIcon...10-01-2011 @ 13:59 
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
tz1127 said:

I actually agree with you tz. THere are a huge number of frightningly uninteligent people at uni, who come out with amazingly useless qualifications and go on to work at Tesco.

I catually think far to many people go to uni now, when for many it would be better to learn some real usefull skills elsewhere. I wish I had done something more practical. I now sit at a bloody desk all day wishing I was doing something else
craigmancIcon...10-01-2011 @ 14:01 
not much fun
Member 374, 3172 posts
Did sod all at school came out with 4 CSE's. Ended up driving to school and picking up two of my mates on way in!

Ended up as a teacher at Honda UK teaching, light motor vehicle, marine and power equipment.

Have a teacher qualification now, A units and also my last one Captains licence!! Who fancies a trip on a boat with me??Grin Grin

All the years studying does not bring out the best in people it just shows on paper you can do it, in my eyes you cant beat experience.
MrSmallIcon...10-01-2011 @ 14:01 
Gone and easily forgotten.......
Member 331, 22298 posts
SQ 185, BP 100, DL 230
515.0 kgs @ 85kgs UnEq

Well you made a very novice mistake for someone in their fourth year in that this year's papers are NEVER the same as last year's.. why would you think that? I won't be a hindsight t**t though because I have done the same as you before, just not in my last year thankfully (not there yet).

If you couldn't do this stuff you would have maybe noticed before your very last exams ever.. Maybe its just the nerves overall and current disappointment setting in and lowering your selfesteem on the matter.. You have 3 more exams to go, do your very best in those, good luck.
davycummingsIcon...10-01-2011 @ 14:01 
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I have no common sense Grin

Eek
andydanjoshIcon...10-01-2011 @ 14:02 
^^ thats me that is !! ^^ (the hair is a wig)
Member 776, 8709 posts
SQ 140, BP 127.5, DL 180
447.5 kgs @ 74kgs UnEq
i have a degree but i found it

SO NOGrin

Happy

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions