Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsu105 World Record Breakers comp in finland 31.7.-1.8.2009

u105 World Record Breakers comp in finland 31.7.-1.8.2009

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

shawn
tell them sted head c**ts to move up to opens. Lol
LOL at 'NARROWBACK', such a harsh term...

Did the Russian eat food or just 5 plates of Dbol??
JC said:
Tony had breakfast with one of the Russain guys, he buried 5 plates off food apparently lol

Fella is "as big as Shawn" and finished 3rd in Russian national opens - will be a great scalp for Tony!

Mind you, Shawn is only 107kg now I believe? Wink
Thing said:How the f**k do you put 10kgs back on in lest than 24 hours

Matt Kroczaleski put(s?) 20lbs back on in 8 hours after dehydrating for a weigh-in..

Good luck again to our guys!
You just have to have about 20 gatorades ready and a lot of food.. Just keep going until the weight is back on!!!
Sparrow said:

Maybe Dbol. After all, it is the breakfast of champions Grin
JC said:
buzz said:
JC said:
Joni "The Big Finn" Purmeon weighs in at a sprightly 102.9KG - athletic machine!

f**k, that is LIGHT!! Carb eating time!

Joni weighed in with a Ukranian beast, who came 3rd in the national opens and thinks he will compete at 115KG tomorrow Eek

115kg?!?! Thats awesome. Id love to walk around at a healthy 115kg year round!!
woW !! by the sounds of it joni n tone should be competing in the 90's !! great stuff mingling with euro-beasts (which of course joni is already one)
don't see how they can call it UNDER 105 when most of the competitors are clearly OVER 105

weigh in on the day!
JC said:
Sparrow said:

Maybe Dbol. After all, it is the breakfast of champions Grin

As it has a half life of 8 hrs it really should be the breakfast , lunch and dinner of champions Wink
from ironmind:

Sergei Koniushok: Strongman World Record in the 105s
by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2009 IronMind

His opening day performance at the 105-kg Strongman World Record Breakers competition including doing just that - breaking a world rcord - and Sergei Koniushok is the leader after the first day of competition.

Sergei Koniushok leads the 105-kg Strongman World Record Breakers meet. Jyrki Rantanen photo.

Things opened with the medley, which Hartikainen won, with Maris Rozenthals second and Sergei Konisok third.

Next up was the log lift for maximum weight: Koniushok won with 155 kg, followed by Rozenthal at 150.

Koniushok proved the contest name was for real as he broke the world record in the farmer’s walk, 120 kg/70 meters in 30.82 seconds.

The last event of the day was a truck pull, which produced close competition. Unofficially, these are the top places and points after the first day:

Sergei Konishok 71 points
Janne Hartikainen 66.5
Marius Lalas 57
Maris Rozenthals 56

“Sergei looks strong, but Hartikainen is always dangerous,” Jyrki Rantanen told IronMind.
also this:

105-kg Strongman World Record Breakers: Live Coverage
by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2009 IronMind

With able help from triple threat strongman-driver-reporter Jyrki Rantanen, IronMind is covering the 105-kg Strongman World Record Breakers with real time updates on our Twitter account.
CHESTER
Biased bas***ds.
No mention of the english blokes.
CHESTER said:
Biased bas***ds.
No mention of the english blokes.

any news on john hobson????????
guys, my ass hurts

there is getting owned

then there is getting gravelf**ked

and then there is entering finnish championships

and in Tonys case, entering a comp with all f**kING BEASTS.

We are both getting owned in our own way, but i hope i speak for both of us, its been amazing.

My comp went almost as bad as it could, barring injury. f**ked up everything in so many ways, and the result is shared last place.

medley couldnt finnish

log got stuck at mere 100

120 farmers got 40m (only thing i am semi happy about, f**king tough!)

arm over arm felt fast, till all the f**king beasts came after me and beasted it uch faster

i feel like a novice all over gain here Happy No, lets rephrase that, i feel like i want to enter a first timers again lol!

My main mistake was not to do a comp before this one, big mistake. Nerves were out of control.

So, today it continues for T, two good events for him, deadlift and stones. One wildcard, conans wheel.

hey, camraderieship is awesome, all guys are dead nice and supportive. John is a great guy, really gritty, putting in a fantastic performance on farmers (JC posted the times somewhere?).

First thoughts for UK u105 scene:

1. day before weigh in is a must if UK guys want to do well internationally. You cant be giving 5+ kg of bodyweight to these guys. Its not just any bodyweight - all these eastern europeans look like they are ready to step on a bodybuilding stage, ripped to s**t, no dead weight. f**king beasts!

2. farmers and yoke distances have to go up. 70m is common for farmers, 25-30 for yoke.

i'll post some pics now.

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsu105 World Record Breakers comp in finland 31.7.-1.8.2009
Return to top View Desktop Site