REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 227 guests

Drug's Failure at the GBPF British Classic Championship 2012

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

ystradboy79Icon...04-11-2012 @ 22:13 
Chris 'The Magician' Melling
Member 1443, 978 posts
SQ 270, BP 180, DL 320
770.0 kgs @ 135kgs UnEq
paddymc1986 said:wasn't he planning on doing the vikingr comp next year?
maybe he just wanted to leave powerlifting with a bangGrin

Only if it didnt clash with any PL comps apparently , think we can safely say it wont Happy
Martin1956Icon...04-11-2012 @ 22:23 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7743 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
dr_hazbun said:
True that.
Shame that it took a national level comp to catch him. I'd like to get these people ideally weeded out at regional level comps before they get to nationals (difficult with invitational/open entry comps) but that's my ideal. I'm not naive and know money is a limiting factor here but I'm looking into the details.

Agreed 100% Sam. Funnily enough I got into quite a heated exchange with Force10 when I suggested that you should be a member and available for testing before you can enter a local comp. IIRC he inferred that I was a juicer.

Hopefully we'll get to regional testing soon. FWIW, I did the Scottish BDFPA Single Lifts a few weeks ago and there WAS testing at that level. GBPF needs to do the same. Not sure how with testing costs, but it needs to be done. Trouble is, funds that could be used to develop the sport will be directed to cheater catching instead. No easy answers.
brynevansIcon...04-11-2012 @ 22:26 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
Just to set the record straight, there were several banned anabolic agents in his sample and he was unable to offer any explanation/did not contest the results so a two year ban was the right decision.
MarkIcon...04-11-2012 @ 22:27 
Member.
Member 2171, 1612 posts
Martin1956 said:
Agreed 100% Sam. Funnily enough I got into quite a heated exchange with Force10 when I suggested that you should be a member and available for testing before you can enter a local comp. IIRC he inferred that I was a juicer.
Hopefully we'll get to regional testing soon. FWIW, I did the Scottish BDFPA Single Lifts a few weeks ago and there WAS testing at that level. GBPF needs to do the same. Not sure how with testing costs, but it needs to be done. Trouble is, funds that could be used to develop the sport will be directed to cheater catching instead. No easy answers.

It could be argued that cleaning up the desired Feds would help develop the sport.
slimsimIcon...04-11-2012 @ 22:38 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 04.11.2012 @ 22:41 PM by slimsim
Users viewing topic: force10 Steve gymwarrior4 MattD90 tryst Tom_Martin milsy PeteHodgson slimsim Martin1956 WILLSAN & 9 Guests

Maybe a response will be forthcoming?

Maybe I should have also read Bryn's post! Roll-Eyes
Martin1956Icon...04-11-2012 @ 22:42 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7743 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Mark said:
It could be argued that cleaning up the desired Feds would help develop the sport.

Yes, agree with that, I was thinking more about specific development work, but a cleaner sport would undoubtedly be a more attractive one.
milsyIcon...04-11-2012 @ 22:44 
Ne n coner a fuickex .ay ouse part we .be
Member 1425, 4647 posts
SQ 340, BP 227.5, DL 335
902.5 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
Martin1956 said:

some people I train with compete in the bdfpa and I helped coach at the British champs and was speaking to the chairman of the fed and he was telling me about the testing and said he had 10 kits in the boot of his car that if he felt the need to could walk up to any member of the fed that day and ask them to provide a sample even if they were spectating seemed like a good way to put abit of fear who think they are above the testers

I think the tests they use are alot cheaper due to how they are collected and tested I know gbpf have to provide certain tests at national level to reach the requirements of the ipf and that is why they cost more but surly if a much cheaper test was available this could be used at regional and even out of comp testing and just leave the expensive tests for nationals and team members and do the amount required to comply with ipf
jreppIcon...04-11-2012 @ 22:50 
Member 299, 579 posts
SQ 250, BP 200, DL 282.5
732.5 kgs @ 109kgs UnEq
milsy said:
some people I train with compete in the bdfpa and I helped coach at the British champs and was speaking to the chairman of the fed and he was telling me about the testing and said he had 10 kits in the boot of his car that if he felt the need to could walk up to any member of the fed that day and ask them to provide a sample even if they were spectating seemed like a good way to put abit of fear who think they are above the testers
I think the tests they use are alot cheaper due to how they are collected and tested I know gbpf have to provide certain tests at national level to reach the requirements of the ipf and that is why they cost more but surly if a much cheaper test was available this could be used at regional and even out of comp testing and just leave the expensive tests for nationals and team members and do the amount required to comply with ipf

True about the cheaper tests but aint there a lot more gbpf members than bdfpa?? So the gbpf have more money to use for testing?
milsyIcon...04-11-2012 @ 22:58 
Member 1425, 4647 posts
SQ 340, BP 227.5, DL 335
902.5 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
jrepp said:
True about the cheaper tests but aint there a lot more gbpf members than bdfpa?? So the gbpf have more money to use for testing?

not sure on exact figures and membership numbers but I was led to believe the difference in price between the tests was quite significant
brynevansIcon...04-11-2012 @ 22:58 
Scotbasher - forever
Member 59, 2115 posts
One problem doing a cheaper test(ie not in accordance with WADA) is that it would be difficult to enforce. You have to used a WADA accredited sample collection officer and a WADA lab this costs more, it's the same as what's required of Olympic athletes. That's not to say BDFPA tests are not accurate it's just that they don't need to follow the same strict protocol.
force10Icon...04-11-2012 @ 22:58 
Drugs cheat
Member 3860, 630 posts
SQ 335, BP 210, DL 330
875.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Sorry its took me untill now to respond to this thread.

As many of you are very unhappy with the results for my drug test its nothing as unhappy as I am at the moment.

The use of something on the banned substance list was not intentional by any means but an oversight on my behalf as I didnt research some of the ingreedients properly and this is the same when a gbpf referee was consulted, asked, as the substance Methylhexaneamine comes under various names dependant on the manurefacturer and what product its put into.

After having many emails, txts and telephone calls from fellow lifters since this was made public it seems a very large portion of lifters were and are unaware that some things that can be bought from local health food shops have ingredients that are on the banned substance list. I was one of them.
milsyIcon...04-11-2012 @ 23:03 
Member 1425, 4647 posts
SQ 340, BP 227.5, DL 335
902.5 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
brynevans said:One problem doing a cheaper test(ie not in accordance with WADA) is that it would be difficult to enforce. You have to used a WADA accredited sample collection officer and a WADA lab this costs more, it's the same as what's required of Olympic athletes. That's not to say BDFPA tests are not accurate it's just that they don't need to follow the same strict protocol.

would it be acceptable to run two types of tests within the gbpf

for example have the current testing protocol but add the other tests in aswell which would be nothing to do with the ipf but more of a gbpf in house testing protocol
Tom_MartinIcon...04-11-2012 @ 23:03 
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
force10 said:Sorry its took me untill now to respond to this thread.

As many of you are very unhappy with the results for my drug test its nothing as unhappy as I am at the moment.

The use of something on the banned substance list was not intentional by any means but an oversight on my behalf as I didnt research some of the ingreedients properly and this is the same when a gbpf referee was consulted, asked, as the substance Methylhexaneamine comes under various names dependant on the manurefacturer and what product its put into.

After having many emails, txts and telephone calls from fellow lifters since this was made public it seems a very large portion of lifters were and are unaware that some things that can be bought from local health food shops have ingredients that are on the banned substance list. I was one of them.

Otherwise known as 1,3 dimethylamylamine, the banned substance found in Jack3d. I wouldn't have thought this would have accounted for the multiple anabolic substance found in your test as reported by Bryn?

Bryn do you know exactly what was found in his sample?

Not saying I don't believe either of you, just that the two accounts given by yourself and Bryn don't exactly match up? Confused
Ben_FIcon...04-11-2012 @ 23:06 
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13300 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
force10 said:Sorry its took me untill now to respond to this thread.

Just googled it and the first listing after Wiki was this one:

http://www.rfu.com/TheGame/AntiDoping/Methylhexaneamine

Any product that contains any of the following ingredients on the label may be reported as an Adverse Analytical Finding for Methylhexaneamine:

Methylhexaneamine; Methylhexanamine; DMAA (dimethylamylamine); Geranamine; Forthane; Forthan; Floradrene; 2-hexanamine, 4-methyl-; 2-hexanamine, 4-methyl- (9CI); 4-methyl-2-hexanamine; 1,3-dimethylamylamine; 4-Methylhexan-2-amine; 1,3-dimethylpentylamine; 2-amino-4-methylhexane; Pentylamine, 1, 3-dimethyl-.

Seems a very quick search would make sure anyone stayed away from the product - unless it was listed as something else on the bottle?
Ben_FIcon...04-11-2012 @ 23:07 
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13300 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Tom_Martin said:
Otherwise known as 1,3 dimethylamylamine, the banned substance found in Jack3d. I wouldn't have thought this would have accounted for the multiple anabolic substance found in your test as reported by Bryn?
Bryn do you know exactly what was found in his sample?
Not saying I don't believe either of you, just that the two accounts given by yourself and Bryn don't exactly match up? Confused

Yes, thats what I thought too.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions