REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 122 guests

Drug's Failure at the GBPF British Classic Championship 2012

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Closed This thread has been closed by a moderator. Replies are no longer possible.

FatpeteIcon...05-11-2012 @ 12:53 
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 17933 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
VanillaGorilla said:
I disagree Pete.
How did the substance get in your sample?

Please feel free to.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying that if under the circumstances I describe, I were to test positive, that I would not be my fault - it would be. Nor am I saying that I should not be banned - I should be. After all the test was positive and there is no-one to blame other than me, so I have to take the consequences.

What I am saying is that I have never knowingly taken performance enhancing drugs. But I have been told that the list of them is long and impressive. I am also told that most members of the general public would fail a test, especially if they were a little under the weather at the time. The reason for this (I am told) is that many over the counter cold remedies and such contain banned substances and so a powerlifter taking a couple of lemsips and being tested at an inopportune time could well fail a test and face a ban.

Is he guilty - yes
Is there anyone other than him to blame - no
Is there a difference between the example above and someone going out and buying phials of steroids and injecting himself every other day with it - yes. I think there is.
Is it a bit rum to tar everyone with the same brush - yes, I think that also

You may wish to disagree again.
baldyIcon...05-11-2012 @ 12:56 
aka The Scorer
Member 1195, 861 posts
SQ 165, BP 110, DL 232.5
507.5 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
force10 said:Theres quite alot of factors in the situation that none of you know the full details of...

Reminds me very much of..
FatpeteIcon...05-11-2012 @ 12:59 
Hyper obese Pete
Member 70, 17933 posts
SQ 322.5, BP 205, DL 300
827.5 kgs @ 133kgs Eq
21 members and 14 guests.

People seem interested.
TravisFandangoIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:03 
Member 1093, 5446 posts
SQ 160, BP 105, DL 225
490.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Fatpete said:21 members and 14 guests.

People seem interested.

I am! It's all jolly interesting. Does anyone have a link to the list of banned substances? Are even the performance debilitating ones banned?
SteveIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:07 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
Fatpete said:
Please feel free to.
Don't get me wrong I am not saying that if under the circumstances I describe, I were to test positive, that I would not be my fault - it would be. Nor am I saying that I should not be banned - I should be. After all the test was positive and there is no-one to blame other than me, so I have to take the consequences.
What I am saying is that I have never knowingly taken performance enhancing drugs. But I have been told that the list of them is long and impressive. I am also told that most members of the general public would fail a test, especially if they were a little under the weather at the time. The reason for this (I am told) is that many over the counter cold remedies and such contain banned substances and so a powerlifter taking a couple of lemsips and being tested at an inopportune time could well fail a test and face a ban.
Is he guilty - yes
Is there a difference between the example above and someone going out and buying phials of steroids and injecting himself every other day with it - yes. I think there is.

You are completely right Pete, though athletes testing positive for OTC cold remidies usually receive no more than a 3 month ban (effectively nothing for most lifters) and are disqualified from the competition.
Tom_MartinIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:10 
No one believed him anyway.
Member 958, 11411 posts
SQ 410, BP 215, DL 425
1050.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
I'm trying to wrap my head around this guys objectives here, I've come up with a list.

1. Defend GBPF against non existent enemies.
2. Accuse anyone stronger than him of being on gear.
3. Make anyone who disagrees with him out to be an enemy of the GBPF.
4. Defend non existent attack from imaginary enemy created from point 3.
5. Be confusing as f**k to subvert his responsibility for failing a test which found anabolics present.
6. Troll the living s**t out of all of us!?!?!?
RodgerIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:11 
salad dodger *missing*
Member 1805, 10367 posts
SQ 215, BP 121, DL 240
576.0 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
TravisFandango said:
I am! It's all jolly interesting. Does anyone have a link to the list of banned substances? Are even the performance debilitating ones banned?

http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/World_Anti-Doping_Program/WA...
ursusIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:11 
Man up and have a fuckin coffee
Member 2086, 9717 posts
SQ 340, BP 252.5, DL 300
892.5 kgs @ 158kgs UnEq
I have met Si a couple of times and he seems a nice guy i dont care much for seeing him ripped apart on a forum BUT i do think he could address some issues and have told him that aswell via PM . So i think instead of going straight for the jugular we can get the answers we want and hopefuly the truth in a decent way and that goes the same for Si dont go accussing fellow lifters keep your cool and answer the questions .
walkerIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:16 
Does not need Advice, knows everything.
Member 3505, 3510 posts
SQ 295, BP 182.5, DL 290
767.5 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
Tom_Martin said:I'm trying to wrap my head around this guys objectives here, I've come up with a list.

1. Defend GBPF against non existent enemies.
2. Accuse anyone stronger than him of being on gear.
3. Make anyone who disagrees with him out to be an enemy of the GBPF.
4. Defend non existent attack from imaginary enemy created from point 3.
5. Be confusing as f**k to subvert his responsibility for failing a test which found anabolics present.
6. Troll the living s**t out of all of us!?!?!?

And he still hasn't said what he got from the 'health food store'
TravisFandangoIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:22 
Member 1093, 5446 posts
SQ 160, BP 105, DL 225
490.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.11.2012 @ 13:39 PM by TravisFandango
Rodger said:
http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/World_Anti-Doping_Program/WA...

Cheers Rodge! Performance debilitating subtances are banned then, oh well.

Edit: I see heroin is banned too! I'd actually pay decent money to watch a smack head powerlifting comp.
Edit 2: I can't see LSD on the list.
davidhowarthIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:22 
Americans 'win' with cheese
Member 2293, 1493 posts
samevansIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:24 
just got PM'd
Member 1945, 685 posts
Fatpete said:
Please feel free to.
Is he guilty - yes

i agree with this, also with ursus last comment
VanillaGorillaIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:25 
the UK's leading expert in bio mechanics
Member 1973, 7379 posts
Fatpete said:
Please feel free to.
Is he guilty - yes

Actually, I think with that explanation your circle of opinion has converged rather more with mine.
baldtIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:29 
Member 1589, 1219 posts
SQ 300, BP 260, DL 345
905.0 kgs @ 108kgs Eq
am I the only one who was more annoyed with the poor spelling than the positive test?
baldtIcon...05-11-2012 @ 13:30 
Member 1589, 1219 posts
SQ 300, BP 260, DL 345
905.0 kgs @ 108kgs Eq
what happens when you test positive? do you get a letter with the isotopes they have found on it?

it would be interesting to see what he tested positive for, I dont know why GBPF cant post the drug involved if they can name the athlete.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions