REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 414 guests
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitpudz gets owned!

pudz gets owned!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

StetecIcon...23-05-2010 @ 16:11 
Thing thinks he can decide what goes here. He cant
Member 354, 1452 posts
Tony said:Is anyone really suprised.

I think the only people who ever thought he was going to set the MMA world on fire were idiots.

Being strong and being a decent fighter are a million miles apart.

Did you not used to do MMA bud?! Kinda like Marius in reverse... ie: MMA then strongman.
thosebananasIcon...23-05-2010 @ 16:21 
Trophy Hunter
Member 743, 3329 posts
SQ 230, BP 130, DL 300
660.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
shaunclegg said:Why doesn't he have a crack at bodybuilding or powerlifting or something?

not a bad shout...

hes built A LOT of size, aiming for strength etc. If he took a year and hammered the hypertrophy, could he contend at the olympia?
WiegieboardIcon...23-05-2010 @ 16:46 
as crimson as my last victims underclothing.....
Member 899, 11330 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 23.05.2010 @ 16:55 PM by Wiegieboard
Simple as, Pudz tried to do too much too soon.
Taking on a previous heavyweight UFC champ after only a couple of fights was crazy.

If he'd spent some time respectably building his career from the ground up, I honestly reckon that with enough intelligence and sport specific training, he could forge a wee career in mma just like anyone who has the drive and intelligence could.
As it goes though, he tried to do too much too soon.

Career wise, giving up would be the worst thing that he could do IMO as people would just call him a flash in the pan. If he takes it down a peg or 3 and competes at a lower level until he respectably builds an actual skill set as opposed to an "I think I'll run at the guy and see what happens" set, then maybe the guy could do ok and have some fun. He may have a future in the sport yet (especially in Japan) but to do so he's gonna have to build himself from the ground up like everyone else does.

P.S. That fight almost looked like a guy in his first lesson against a pro fighter. He had absolutely nothing. He'll need a good few years of work yet to get to a high level.
JoniIcon...23-05-2010 @ 17:38 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Tony said:Is anyone really suprised.

I think the only people who ever thought he was going to set the MMA world on fire were idiots.

Being strong and being a decent fighter are a million miles apart.

well obviously some people thought it could work, his promotors, himself, his crew, his friends - and it is funny how many people are now sure he will get his ass handed to him, but before the fight there was not all that many who would say so Grin

Even many MMA guys thought that he might pull it out of the bag (well before the 2nd MMA fight was aired where he was s**t).

Had he lost due to submission, or a knockout, he wouldnt have lost so much face, but this was not only one of the biggest ownages of the sport but also tapping because of few strikes is going to be talked about for a while.
terryhollandsIcon...24-05-2010 @ 07:39 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
I do think it was a little arrogant of Mariusz to step in with someone as good as Sylvia (I know not everyones favourite but still a decent fighter). I have to be honest it wasn't as bad as I expected after what I was told. I'm not so sure this will be the end of his MMA career, hopefully he will actually take it as seriously as he did the strongman now and train better. I know if I was in his position I wouldn't have gone in at that level that soon. I think the way Oli is doing it is much more sensible (I know he's not Pudz but he is taking his time, training hard and getting better)
WILLSANIcon...24-05-2010 @ 10:11 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 24.05.2010 @ 10:11 AM by WILLSAN
Joni said:
well obviously some people thought it could work, his promotors, himself, his crew, his friends - and it is funny how many people are now sure he will get his ass handed to him, but before the fight there was not all that many who would say so Grin

I thought the concensus was that it was too early for him and that he had no chance? I know jack s**t about mma (I prefer k-1) but after watching his first 2 fights that what I thought.

I think part of pudz problem is the size of sylvia. I never realised the guy was that big but he dwarfed mariusz which took away any (small) chance he had of muscling his way to a quick win. are most heavyweight mma fighters similarly sized?
Martin1956Icon...24-05-2010 @ 10:21 
Old Age Presser
Member 75, 7740 posts
SQ 0, BP 200, DL 200
400.0 kgs @ 105kgs Eq
WILLSAN said:
I thought the concensus was that it was too early for him and that he had no chance? I know jack s**t about mma (I prefer k-1) but after watching his first 2 fights that what I thought.
I think part of pudz problem is the size of sylvia. I never realised the guy was that big but he dwarfed mariusz which took away any (small) chance he had of muscling his way to a quick win. are most heavyweight mma fighters similarly sized?

I agree with Will. It was surreal to see the multiple World's Strongest Man being dwarfed.
terryhollandsIcon...24-05-2010 @ 12:55 
9x WSM finalist!
Member 662, 3372 posts
Martin1956 said:
I agree with Will. It was surreal to see the multiple World's Strongest Man being dwarfed.

But he gets dwarfed in strongman comps!

Sylvia is 6 8! He outweighed Mariusz too! I don't think many are much bigger apart from the freaks like Bob Sapp
dr_hazbunIcon...24-05-2010 @ 13:26 
tabbouleh and fattoush salads were very refreshing
Member 267, 8548 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 250
635.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
You know that bit at the end where Putz just falls onto his back with no obvious precipitant; was that just sheer exhaustion/poor stamina or a calculated admittance of defeat on his part?

The reason I ask is that wasn't Putz meant to be one of the fittest strongman competitors out there? I'd be very surprised if that fat boy he was up against had more stamina. He might be a better fighter but he certainly didn't look fit! Or am I just wrong?!
MattGriffIcon...24-05-2010 @ 13:30 
Member 194, 3976 posts
Oxygen demands are totally different in combat sports vs strength sports - strength sports will only tap into a small % of VO2 max and deplete ATP stores much more, the opposite is true of combat sports (varying dependant on the type, the wrestling element will have moreATP effect obviously), and being spannered has its effect on oxygen requirements.
itsyourroundIcon...24-05-2010 @ 13:31 
Member 1377, 36 posts
SQ 210, BP 150, DL 210
570.0 kgs @ 107.2kgs UnEq
Very disappointed with that fight! Couple of points i was wondering about :

1. Pudz is well known for his fitness i always heard and assumed, why did he look so tired and was blowing so much?

2. Why as a newcomer to mma is he fighting a ex world champion in his second/third (not sure which) fight? Would this not be considered madness in boxing?

3. Is he really interested in mma or was this a money making venture on the back of his reputation?
Mr_BenIcon...24-05-2010 @ 13:35 
Member 1216, 194 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 280
680.0 kgs @ 115kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 24.05.2010 @ 13:35 PM by Mr_Ben
Pudz just yielded at the end and was looking for a way out of the fight. Falling on your back is generaly a good way of finding that end but looks even worse than getting sparked out on your feet. Tim Sylvia might be fat but I can guarantie he is much fitter than Pudz with loads more stamina. You get fat guys in MMA who look worse than Sylvia but can still do the business.
MattGriffIcon...24-05-2010 @ 13:40 
Member 194, 3976 posts
Fitness is subjective - Pudz was fit for strongman whcih was his game. Being fit for another purpose is exactly that. A sprinter is not likely to run a marathon for example, but you would not consider them unfit.

People need to realise these are two very different games and stop comparing 'one of the fittest strongmen' so what - most non pro fighters, rugby players, footballers will be fitter in cv terms at fighting, that is after all what they do and train for.

What strongman event lasts for 5 mins??? No comparison as far as I am concerned.
JCIcon...24-05-2010 @ 13:43 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
MattGriff said:Fitness is subjective - Pudz was fit for strongman whcih was his game. Being fit for another purpose is exactly that. A sprinter is not likely to run a marathon for example, but you would not consider them unfit.

People need to realise these are two very different games and stop comparing 'one of the fittest strongmen' so what - most non pro fighters, rugby players, footballers will be fitter in cv terms at fighting, that is after all what they do and train for.

What strongman event lasts for 5 mins??? No comparison as far as I am concerned.

Strangely, I actually agree!

The fittest of the fit strongmen would be blowing out their arses after 3-5mins in other high intensity workload sports such as boxing, rugby etc etc
MattGriffIcon...25-05-2010 @ 08:59 
Member 194, 3976 posts
JC said:
Strangely, I actually agree!

Its not so strange, most people have noted that more often than not the actual content of the posts I make are pretty accurate - some sensitive souls just don't like the way in which the info is delivered. And as the Clegg pointed out I make no bones about hiding who I am or where I am so if anyone has a problem by all means come take it up with me.

Its not what I say, but the way I say it apparently Grin

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitpudz gets owned!
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions