Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

IainKendrickIcon...26-11-2009 @ 21:21 
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
drew said:

Apart from the fact I refuse to believe

Refuse all you want. Seldom changes the evidence.

Doc makes a good post above!

As another aside you can be an athiest and not think darwinian evolution is correct.

I am happy to let people believe what they want. It gives them hope no doubt, and makes em feel nice so power to ya. Even better if it makes you care about your fellow man. Unfortunatly this is seldom the case as humans operate as humans whatever the layer of relgious institutionalisation.
Ben_FIcon...26-11-2009 @ 21:21 
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13300 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
brynevans said:Perhaps we should all join these guys:
http://www.disciplesofstrength.com/about.html

Cool, they make t-shirts for The Trapman!

http://www.disciplesofstrength.com/index.html
BoarIcon...26-11-2009 @ 21:24 
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25565 posts
Administrator
thats what im putting on one of my tee shirts !

WWJCD?

MAXLOG !!
WiganIcon...26-11-2009 @ 21:33 
a cynical old scrote
Member 68, 6844 posts
SQ 255, BP 132.5, DL 250
637.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Religion is nothing but a load of bollox, created for the sole purpose of controlling people through the fear of burning in hell, and gaining positions of power.

God bless you all!!
bigladluskIcon...26-11-2009 @ 21:49 
potatoes contain no protein
Member 635, 458 posts
SQ 230, BP 145, DL 230
605.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Namonster said:
Lol. Sikhs are the heaviest drinkers amongst all ethnic and religious groups. We look down on the Irish.

put your money where your mouth is.im third genoration alco bring it on
Wink
MattGriffIcon...26-11-2009 @ 21:57 
Member 194, 3976 posts
bhamstaff said:
evolution is more mental then physical. so if one pushes at ones limitations throughout their life then surely their offspring will be more intelligent? same goes for physical strength, etc... intelligence separates us from animals, not specifically physical capabilities.

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/6515/original/jesus-facepalm-fa...

If you’re not sure how to take Pork Pies post, and you do truly believe in your 'theory' then perhaps you should pimp slap both your parents for apparently being very lazy in their limitation pushing capacity.
MattGriffIcon...26-11-2009 @ 22:05 
Member 194, 3976 posts
Post Edited: 26.11.2009 @ 22:36 PM by MattGriff
Namonster said:
That was the one question I hoped no one would ask.
Now this isn’t an exact way of explaining my belief in why God exists but if you think about it carefully then by George it adds new light to the way you may think (or not).
If you look at the simple relationship between a mother and child I’m sure you would describe that as the truest form of love (you’re a to**er if you try and make a funny joke). Now I’m a big believer in science, however, there is no way that science can explain this e.g. chemical release blah, blah, blah.

But it does, and can explain the function of emotions and how areas of the brain more developed in humans are responsible for this area of thought

There has to be something bigger out there that allows us to feel as humans,

Why? Why does there?

whether that be with our kids, parents, siblings, friend and partners (I say partners because I’m sure some of you can’t come under the woman category). If you believe science can explain why you love your Mum or child or wife so much then kudos to you but I personally believe that it can’t.
I know the next question will be “how does that prove God exists”, but to be honest I’m not a theologian, the most religious person in the world, that intelligent or that well read. All I know is that I find solace in my belief in God and regardless of whether or not my prayers are answered or good or bad things happen to me, I’m no worse off by believing.

My personal hate is people that say "There is no way science can...." when science already has.

My view is simple

Until religion can:

Find new methods of surgery to equal medical science
Find new ways of creating technology to allow blind faith people to post on sugden to rival science
Find new ways of creating PEDS that rival science
Do anything worthwhile other than convince a bunch of people who cannot accept they are biological beings and are to f**king arrogant to accept that is all they are and they are nothing special

Then

Science greater Religion
drewIcon...26-11-2009 @ 22:17 
I thought Joplin choked on a sandwich?
Member 616, 8404 posts
SQ 180, BP 130, DL 220
530.0 kgs @ 78.8kgs UnEq
See I agree with you partly mat except rather than saying all this stuff is ace so religion is s**t. I think this s**t is so ace there must be something behind it. Even though I was raised christian I don't believe in a god. Just think everything is too grand to be through luck
PAGANIcon...26-11-2009 @ 22:19 
I took about £4 out of Sooty's bottom
Member 685, 8719 posts
SQ 225, BP 150, DL 290
665.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Mike_Hawkins said:The 10 commandments were written before Jesus was sent to this earth, he took on our sins for us, and died for us, to allow us to be forgiven.

Lets be honest, I do not believe it is possible for human beings to not be jealous, or to not envy something or someone. We will sin, the commandments are guidelines indeed, but they are guidelines to allow us to have a better relationship with God (we should want to keep them, it should not be a chore). Sinning can harm that relationship, just as going behind your parents back, lying to them or stealing from them could harm your relationship with them.

However at the end of the day, your parents will always forgive you, if you truly are sorry (and they know if you truly are!)

I welcome questions guys.

Mike

But what has any of that got to do with the existance of a higher power ? your talking about human behaviour , which is something that has evolved to further the existance of our species.
MattGriffIcon...26-11-2009 @ 22:39 
Member 194, 3976 posts
drew said:See I agree with you partly mat except rather than saying all this stuff is ace so religion is s**t. I think this s**t is so ace there must be something behind it. Even though I was raised christian I don't believe in a god. Just think everything is too grand to be through luck

What has luck got to do with it?

There is something behind it, science and a lot of hard f**king work by humans.

The great irony is that the vast majority of real technological breakthroughs certainly in the engineering and computer based world were developed for, during or becuase of war - and as zelots often tell us this is not the lords doing and so on.
bigladluskIcon...26-11-2009 @ 22:50 
potatoes contain no protein
Member 635, 458 posts
SQ 230, BP 145, DL 230
605.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
high squats make baby jesus cryUnhappy Unhappy
shoreshotIcon...26-11-2009 @ 23:01 
has a pro grade bell
Member 657, 720 posts
SQ 162.5, BP 125, DL 207.5
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
My opinion is that religions per se are off mark. All this my god is better than yours etc is in my opinion utter rubbish.

For the vast majority of my years I thought that in life this was it, live, die, rot in the ground and so the cycle continues. In recent years my views have changed and swung full circle having experienced too many weird and wonderful things that could be explained by conventional science as it stands.

My own belief is that there is more to life than this life, but I certainly don't believe in any kind of wonderous being controlling it all. In my view we are all part of the collective universe and if all this has taught me anything it is that we are able to create our own destiny rather than wait for a god to swoop in and do it for us. I think if religion was able to realise that in actuality we are all slightly different flavours of the same s**t, the world would be a much better place.
CuddlesIcon...27-11-2009 @ 00:15 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
Mike_Hawkins said:
But I think people who base their views of Christianity on these rather extreme examples are being a little unfair.

I would argue that most people dont base their views on Christianity on those extreme examples. That doesnt seem to be the case with Islam though unfortunately.
bhamstaffIcon...27-11-2009 @ 00:20 
the best deadlifter, just smaller numbers
Member 469, 1131 posts
SQ 280, BP 200, DL 320
800.0 kgs @ 116kgs UnEq
MattGriff said:
What has luck got to do with it?
There is something behind it, science and a lot of hard f**king work by humans.
The great irony is that the vast majority of real technological breakthroughs certainly in the engineering and computer based world were developed for, during or becuase of war - and as zelots often tell us this is not the lords doing and so on.

id have slapped your mom for having such an ugly child, but ive got to pay respects for pushing your fat head out her c**t
BigKenIcon...27-11-2009 @ 00:29 
Not in Loz's top 10 uk strongmen
Member 144, 4421 posts
SQ 320, BP 165, DL 350
835.0 kgs @ 123kgs Eq
bhamstaff said:
evolution is more mental then physical. so if one pushes at ones limitations throughout their life then surely their offspring will be more intelligent? same goes for physical strength, etc... intelligence separates us from animals, not specifically physical capabilities.

You may want to have a read through this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution Grin

Heres an extract; "In biology, evolution is change in the genetic material of a population of organisms from one generation to the next. Though changes produced in any one generation are normally small, differences accumulate with each generation and can, over time, cause substantial changes in the population, a process that can result in the emergence of new species."

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions