REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 169 guests

Religious convictions

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

tonyjb72Icon...26-11-2009 @ 14:20 
abs by summer 2011? Experts opinions vary
Member 290, 2552 posts
IainKendrick said:Is there a universal intelligence?

Probably not. No evidence but cannot be ruled out

Is there a 'God' as per any human faith?

Don't be f'ing silly.

That's about it really.

What he said...Happy
little_aIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:21 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
PorkPie said:I am not tolerant of people who are religious - they are deluded and dangerous.

More dangerous, they are right and you are wrongConfused
CarlIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:21 
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
Namonster said:

If you look at the world around you, there is no way science can explain it all, or even get close.

carry on...
tonyjb72Icon...26-11-2009 @ 14:23 
abs by summer 2011? Experts opinions vary
Member 290, 2552 posts
PMSL Grin Grin Grin
NamonsterIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:39 
always trolling for a reaction
Member 753, 1280 posts
Carl said:
carry on...

That was the one question I hoped no one would ask.

Now this isn’t an exact way of explaining my belief in why God exists but if you think about it carefully then by George it adds new light to the way you may think (or not).

If you look at the simple relationship between a mother and child I’m sure you would describe that as the truest form of love (you’re a to**er if you try and make a funny joke). Now I’m a big believer in science, however, there is no way that science can explain this e.g. chemical release blah, blah, blah.

There has to be something bigger out there that allows us to feel as humans, whether that be with our kids, parents, siblings, friend and partners (I say partners because I’m sure some of you can’t come under the woman category). If you believe science can explain why you love your Mum or child or wife so much then kudos to you but I personally believe that it can’t.

I know the next question will be “how does that prove God exists”, but to be honest I’m not a theologian, the most religious person in the world, that intelligent or that well read. All I know is that I find solace in my belief in God and regardless of whether or not my prayers are answered or good or bad things happen to me, I’m no worse off by believing.
nathanIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:39 
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
Post Edited: 26.11.2009 @ 14:40 PM by nathan
i was once married to a rev daughter and the s**t that goes on in churches its aall hypocritical

religion is man made so it will fail due to human instincts

allreligion is good for is

1 war
2 grooming children
3 justification for peoples actions

all one load of bulls**t. i respect peoples views and opinions but when it comes to faith people have been brain washed.

religion is like marmite you either love it or f**king hate it.

best thing i saw was when i saw a pastor say to a crippled man get up your healed in church and he got up and fell on the floor. religion gives people hope and thats fine but remeber when u die there aint no heaven and there aint no hell
ThingIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:42 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
Namonster said:
That was the one question I hoped no one would ask.
Now this isn’t an exact way of explaining my belief in why God exists but if you think about it carefully then by George it adds new light to the way you may think (or not).
If you look at the simple relationship between a mother and child I’m sure you would describe that as the truest form of love (you’re a to**er if you try and make a funny joke). Now I’m a big believer in science, however, there is no way that science can explain this e.g. chemical release blah, blah, blah.
There has to be something bigger out there that allows us to feel as humans, whether that be with our kids, parents, siblings, friend and partners (I say partners because I’m sure some of you can’t come under the woman category). If you believe science can explain why you love your Mum or child or wife so much then kudos to you but I personally believe that it can’t.
I know the next question will be “how does that prove God exists”, but to be honest I’m not a theologian, the most religious person in the world, that intelligent or that well read. All I know is that I find solace in my belief in God and regardless of whether or not my prayers are answered or good or bad things happen to me, I’m no worse off by believing.

evolution over many milenia could explain alot of this maybe???
MattGriffIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:42 
Member 194, 3976 posts
Namonster said:
If you look at the world around you, there is no way science can explain it all, or even get close.

Erm what?

I have no problem with people beliving what they will, but total s**te comments like that above are simply, well s**te!

I belive in the creator!
The creator of drugs - what a guy!!!!!
bhamstaffIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:43 
the best deadlifter, just smaller numbers
Member 469, 1131 posts
SQ 280, BP 200, DL 320
800.0 kgs @ 116kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 26.11.2009 @ 14:45 PM by bhamstaff
Believe in yourself i say. I believe in evolution and that we should all keep pushing at our limitations to do so.

i like the philosophy of friedrich nietszche.
MattGriffIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:44 
Member 194, 3976 posts
bhamstaff said:Believe in yourself i say. I believe in evolution and that we should all keep pushing at our limitations to do so.

???? Thats not quite how evolution works Wink Grin
NamonsterIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:44 
always trolling for a reaction
Member 753, 1280 posts
Thing said:
evolution over many milenia could explain alot of this maybe???

1. I believe in evolution.

2. To answer Matt's post, fair play to you. I couldn't care less. I'm giving my own justification for own belief.
ThingIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:46 
a large fingered spastic that demolishes plant
Member 89, 31706 posts
SQ 260, BP 220, DL 290
770.0 kgs @ 142kgs UnEq
its a good film too. especially when you gets his head stuck up the monster bum hole
bhamstaffIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:47 
the best deadlifter, just smaller numbers
Member 469, 1131 posts
SQ 280, BP 200, DL 320
800.0 kgs @ 116kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 26.11.2009 @ 14:50 PM by bhamstaff
MattGriff said:
???? Thats not quite how evolution works Wink Grin

evolution is more mental then physical. so if one pushes at ones limitations throughout their life then surely their offspring will be more intelligent? same goes for physical strength, etc... intelligence separates us from animals, not specifically physical capabilities.
nathanIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:48 
no longer sugdens strongest man
Member 455, 1336 posts
MattGriff said:
Erm what?
I have no problem with people beliving what they will, but total s**te comments like that above are simply, well s**te!
I belive in the creator!
The creator of drugs - what a guy!!!!!

HERE COMES GRIFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahah
CuddlesIcon...26-11-2009 @ 14:57 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
bhamstaff said:
evolution is more mental then physical. so if one pushes at ones limitations throughout their life then surely their offspring will be more intelligent? same goes for physical strength, etc... intelligence separates us from animals, not specifically physical capabilities.

Darwin would be so proud.....

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions