12345678910 ... 888990 ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

General_illIcon...11-06-2014 @ 19:13 
3rd place Europes strongest man 2016 U90kg
Member 1239, 13275 posts
SQ 280, BP 155, DL 310
745.0 kgs @ 89kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
No you won't

All this talk of you boxing, seem to have transformed you into the hardest man in the world.

Why do you have a boxing fight. I know a few lads that have done this for money unlicensed as far as I'm aware, might help you realease some rage.
PaulSavageIcon...11-06-2014 @ 19:23 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 09.09.2014 @ 20:10 PM by PaulSavage
chaos said:God I'm away for a coule of hours and loads goes on in this joiurnal! I am truly addicted! May even start logging my training in here, so I don't miss anything! Grin

Paul, you gotta give mark some due for the effort he put in penning that poem for you! No one else has that effort made in their journal! Made me laugh anyhoo!

But please just answer my ealrier question - what are your goals now?

No, basically none of what he said was true, he tried to make me seem like a dick - pat nor anybody else said i was going to be a 'superstar', i asked to spar with no boxing experience, never said anything about u90's being easy (actually said polar opposite) or that losing weight was easy an i didnt take any 'diet pills' an it wasnt that i couldn't be arsed, worlds turned out to be a pointless aim. Well you get the point, same all the way through, just total horse piss.

Am not sure exactly of all goals at mo but i will be going into boxing proper so we will see what happens with it
PaulSavageIcon...11-06-2014 @ 19:25 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
General_ill said:
All this talk of you boxing, seem to have transformed you into the hardest man in the world.
Why do you have a boxing fight. I know a few lads that have done this for money unlicensed as far as I'm aware, might help you realease some rage.

That's got nothing to with how 'hard' i am. Are you asking why i don't do unlicensed boxing?
PaulSavageIcon...11-06-2014 @ 19:30 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
Post Edited: 11.06.2014 @ 19:31 PM by PaulSavage
High incline shoulder press (in smith)
- to 100kg plate weight x 1

Incline press (in smith)
- to 120kg plate weight x 1

Paused close grip bench press (in smith)
- to 140kg plate weight x 1

Skull crushers (in smith)
- to 60kg plate weight x 5

Dumbbell laterals
- to 32kg's x 5 pb

Alternate dumbbell front raises
- 28kg's x 5/5 pb?

20 minutes shadow boxing

Didnt want to do any pressing but ran out of time to go to the other gym as traffick was blocked up with a wreck
chaosIcon...11-06-2014 @ 19:32 
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
No, none of what he said was true apart from me lifting carpets, he tried to make me seem like a dick - pat nor anybody else said i was going to be a 'superstar', i asked to spar with no boxing experience, never said anything about u90's being easy (actually said polar opposite) or that losing weight was easy an i didnt take any 'diet pills' an it wasnt that i couldn't be arsed, worlds turned out to be a pointless aim. Well you get the point, same all the way through, just total horse piss.
Am not sure exactly of all goals at mo but i will be going into boxing proper so we will see what happens with it

I'm pretty sure mark was taking the piss and over exaggerating what you said in the past, like a verbal version of one of them comedy paintings an artist does that looks nothing like you really but can tell it's you!

Boxing is a good shout, will defo get you fit! And if taken serious enough for long enough you might actually get somewhere nevertheless it is really really really hard to do so
PaulSavageIcon...11-06-2014 @ 19:50 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
chaos said:
I'm pretty sure mark was taking the piss and over exaggerating what you said in the past, like a verbal version of one of them comedy paintings an artist does that looks nothing like you really but can tell it's you!
Boxing is a good shout, will defo get you fit! And if taken serious enough for long enough you might actually get somewhere nevertheless it is really really really hard to do so

Well to me he was doing more than questioning my character and making me out to be an arse so that's a bellend thing to do so i didnt see a funny side to it.

Yeah an if it was at middleweight or something i'm not sure i would bother but with heavyweights if you look at prize fighter or whatever, hardly anybody is in any kind of proper condition. I mean audley won it twice for f**ks sake, an he must have been late 30's the last time. Then you have sprott who won 2 also, an not a bad fighter, great jab when he uses it but last time winning at 38 years old. Bottom line is there ain't a lot of depth at heavyweight and a lot of the guys are well into the 30's, some 40's. My way of going about it is going to be to trim down to 210-220lb, maximise my natural speed and really work my conditioning hard so i can push the pace and get the bigger guys tired. I want to get down to that weight stronger than i am now though, i dont want to get thrown around in there either. I feel this approach has a possible good ending, even starting as late as i am.
PaulSavageIcon...11-06-2014 @ 19:59 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
My legs are sore today so seems piana's method will still get you sore but hard to say when it was the first time doing squats with a bar in ages.
danbaseleyIcon...11-06-2014 @ 20:13 
A member for 10 years and still no mouldy peanuts
Member 1252, 4481 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
PaulSavage said:
My way of going about it is going to be to trim down to 210-220lb, maximise my natural speed and really work my conditioning hard so i can push the pace and get the bigger guys tired. I want to get down to that weight stronger than i am now though, i dont want to get thrown around in there either.

Boxing training - unless you eat like a horse - will get the weight off you, quick sharp, if you don't do much cardio.

I would not really focus all that much on your strength, per se; as you are likely to be unable to ride several horses at once - boxing and conditioning; a desire to cut weight; and strength improvements. Doing all three is very unlikely.

I would advise you to box, train and spar as much as you can - listen to what your trainer(s) tell you about conditioning (AND STICK TO IT) - and see what your weight does naturally. Starting off with the attitude of "I'm going to do three different things simultaneously - and be awesome at all of them" is just going to muddy the water, hinder your boxing - and increase the likelihood of this becoming a goal that is simply unobtainable.
rian1987Icon...11-06-2014 @ 20:14 
not stating facts.
Member 3100, 502 posts
PaulSavage said:
Well to me he was doing more than questioning my character and making me out to be an arse so that's a bellend thing to do so i didnt see a funny side to it.
Yeah an if it was at middleweight or something i'm not sure i would bother but with heavyweights if you look at prize fighter or whatever, hardly anybody is in any kind of proper condition. I mean audley won it twice for f**ks sake, an he must have been late 30's the last time. Then you have sprott who won 2 also, an not a bad fighter, great jab when he uses it but last time winning at 38 years old. Bottom line is there ain't a lot of depth at heavyweight and a lot of the guys are well into the 30's, some 40's. My way of going about it is going to be to trim down to 210-220lb, maximise my natural speed and really work my conditioning hard so i can push the pace and get the bigger guys tired. I want to get down to that weight stronger than i am now though, i dont want to get thrown around in there either. I feel this approach has a possible good ending, even starting as late as i am.

Can't see you having any chance in boxing.. It would take years to get to a decent level.. Those guys you call slow and out of shape are actually very good just not on the level of Vladimir klitscho.. It's like watching league two football on tv, the players don't look very good compared to the premier league players but put them in a Sunday league team n they would be on a different planet.
PaulSavageIcon...11-06-2014 @ 20:16 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
rian1987 said:
Can't see you having any chance in boxing.. It would take years to get to a decent level.. Those guys you call slow and out of shape are actually very good just not on the level of Vladimir klitscho.. It's like watching league two football on tv, the players don't look very good compared to the premier league players but put them in a Sunday league team n they would be on a different planet.

Possibly
PaulSavageIcon...11-06-2014 @ 20:27 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
danbaseley said:
Boxing training - unless you eat like a horse - will get the weight off you, quick sharp, if you don't do much cardio.
I would not really focus all that much on your strength, per se; as you are likely to be unable to ride several horses at once - boxing and conditioning; a desire to cut weight; and strength improvements. Doing all three is very unlikely.
I would advise you to box, train and spar as much as you can - listen to what your trainer(s) tell you about conditioning (AND STICK TO IT) - and see what your weight does naturally. Starting off with the attitude of "I'm going to do three different things simultaneously - and be awesome at all of them" is just going to muddy the water, hinder your boxing - and increase the likelihood of this becoming a goal that is simply unobtainable.

I won't be focusing much on my strength but still hope to improve it. May not happen will just have see. The weight is going off my height and frame, of course i don't know exactly where i will end up but my opinion is heavyweights often try to come in too heavy when they don't have the height or frame of the bigger guys and i want to be active in there an take advantage of that.
PaulSavageIcon...11-06-2014 @ 20:39 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
30 seconds punching with 1kg dumbbells / 30 seconds rest x 5 rounds

Knackered lol thrown as many as possible but tried to keep movement etc
das_eagleIcon...11-06-2014 @ 20:41 
Member 5028, 46 posts
PaulSavage said:
My way of going about it is going to be to trim down to 210-220lb, maximise my natural speed and really work my conditioning hard so i can push the pace and get the bigger guys tired.

No you won't.
PaulSavageIcon...11-06-2014 @ 20:46 
Member 2775, 6927 posts
das_eagle said:
No you won't.

bo***cks
rian1987Icon...11-06-2014 @ 20:50 
not stating facts.
Member 3100, 502 posts
das_eagle said:
No you won't.

You won't he's right! I don't think you realise the dedication you need to get to the fitness level required..

12345678910 ... 888990 ... 617618619620621622623624625626627

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions