REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 3 members and 235 guests

Frankie Boyle getting dropped by channel 4 for Paralympic jokes!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

KillelayIcon...17-03-2014 @ 21:28 
Member 5031, 1417 posts
SQ 230, BP 140, DL 275
645.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
i found that mildly amusing, Political correctness f**ks me off, it's not serious is it, he isn't actually saying he will pay u to kill disabled people!!
adamkeepIcon...18-03-2014 @ 05:43 
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
shanejer said:haha love frankie

people take s**t to seriously

This is like white people taking offense with racist black jokes. It's none of their business really. We need to see what the paralympians think about it before we make snap judgements. If the athletes don't give a s**t, neither should we.

I personally don't like the guy, but I don't think he should be fired for the same reason they hired the guy. He's brash and controversial, it's why some like him.

In all seriousness, it's not that surprising though. This country is waaay too PC.
slimsimIcon...18-03-2014 @ 07:55 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
adamkeep said:
This is like white people taking offense with racist black jokes. It's none of their business really. We need to see what the paralympians think about it before we make snap judgements. If the athletes don't give a s**t, neither should we.
I personally don't like the guy, but I don't think he should be fired for the same reason they hired the guy. He's brash and controversial, it's why some like him.
In all seriousness, it's not that surprising though. This country is waaay too PC.

I always thought you were american and lived in America Adam? If so then crack on giving your opinion. If you're British then you need to keep your opinion to yourself!!!!! Nobody over here knows what the f**k we're allowed to say just in case we upset a minority, even if we are supporting that minority because that minority might not want supporting in case we come across as patronizing and condescending. Better we all just keep our mouths shut all the time, especially in 'polite' society, just in case. Obviously, if you're from another country then it's fine to say what you think under the premis of 'freedom of expression', we simply daren't, you know, just in case.

Thank f**k Sugden isn't polite society!! I'd rather hear peoples opinions and disagree with them, even on more contentious issues, than wonder what sort of c**t I'm dealing with behind the facade. I think most normal people can make an informed decision about someone's overall personality based on their opinions in various things, some which I might agree with some which I might not.

Yep, far too politically correct.

f**k me, that was a rant!

I'm off to get a sugar sandwich......
chaosIcon...18-03-2014 @ 08:15 
An amazing human being
Member 2047, 17156 posts
SQ 262.5, BP 170, DL 300
732.5 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Si you really are a c**t! A small bald one at that! Grin
slimsimIcon...18-03-2014 @ 08:17 
My asshole is not watertight.
Member 2926, 6050 posts
SQ 217.5, BP 107.5, DL 225
550.0 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
chaos said:Si you really are a c**t! A small bald one at that! Grin

It's a naturally high hair line you t**t!!!!! (I can't dispute the old c**t part)
Funky_monkeyIcon...18-03-2014 @ 11:59 
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
Looks like he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Boom boom!
adamkeepIcon...18-03-2014 @ 12:08 
a dork
Member 1023, 846 posts
slimsim said:
I always thought you were american and lived in America Adam? If so then crack on giving your opinion. If you're British then you need to keep your opinion to yourself!!!!! Nobody over here knows what the f**k we're allowed to say just in case we upset a minority, even if we are supporting that minority because that minority might not want supporting in case we come across as patronizing and condescending. Better we all just keep our mouths shut all the time, especially in 'polite' society, just in case. Obviously, if you're from another country then it's fine to say what you think under the premis of 'freedom of expression', we simply daren't, you know, just in case.
Thank f**k Sugden isn't polite society!! I'd rather hear peoples opinions and disagree with them, even on more contentious issues, than wonder what sort of c**t I'm dealing with behind the facade. I think most normal people can make an informed decision about someone's overall personality based on their opinions in various things, some which I might agree with some which I might not.
Yep, far too politically correct.
f**k me, that was a rant!
I'm off to get a sugar sandwich......

I am an American living in England with the US Air Force. This country is too PC though. You're right, no one knows what the hell is ok to say anymore. Is the person blind or are they seeing impared? I say blind, the government says seeing impared. I say we ask the people this actually affects, rather than a bunch of government blowhards who think they know best, but actually don't have a f**king clue. So here we are going 15 rounds about something the media assumes is going to offend a bunch of athletes that have had harder trials in their lives than what some comedian joked about. "Taliban enhanced"...I get it, not funny though, certainly not offensive. Oh well, this is the society we live in.
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...18-03-2014 @ 12:28 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22059 posts
What if I find the term "vertically challenged" offensive?
JohnGymIcon...18-03-2014 @ 12:39 
Hamstrings feel activated.
Member 1107, 6964 posts
SQ 220, BP 152.5, DL 252.5
625.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Wayne_Cowdrey said:What if I find the term "vertically challenged" offensive?

Do you?
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...18-03-2014 @ 12:54 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22059 posts
JohnGym said:
Do you?

No Grin

The whole 'alternative terms to avoid offence' thing is laughable.
JohnGymIcon...18-03-2014 @ 12:57 
Hamstrings feel activated.
Member 1107, 6964 posts
SQ 220, BP 152.5, DL 252.5
625.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 18.03.2014 @ 12:57 PM by JohnGym
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
No Grin
The whole 'alternative terms to avoid offence' thing is laughable.

Couldn't agree more.

I'd prefer to be called 'baldy scouse c**t' as I frequently am, rather than 'follicley challenged northern vagina'.
danbaseleyIcon...18-03-2014 @ 13:05 
A member for 10 years and still no mouldy peanuts
Member 1252, 4481 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 215
485.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
It is pretty difficult to think of many jokes that don't have a victim in them; comedy is, after all, tragedy plus time.

Frankie Boyle is not all that funny - has got into trouble with employers in the past over comments about athletes - and most of his jokes are variations on the theme of "vocal tourettes"; but binning him for the same reason you hired him seems to suggest to me that they are mainly interested in not having to pay him any more.
SMedIcon...18-03-2014 @ 15:35 
a splendid chap, unlike some bitches on here
Member 1670, 1705 posts
SQ 190, BP 112.5, DL 220
522.5 kgs @ 89.5kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 18.03.2014 @ 15:36 PM by SMed
Everybody has different words that offend them, different things that they hear that they get offended by... To me, the thing that offends me the most, is every time that I hear "the N-word." Not "n***er" by the way. I mean "the N-word." Literally, whenever a white lady on CNN with nice hair says, "The N-word," that’s just white people getting away with saying "n***er," that’s all that is. They found a way to say "n***er." "N-word!" It’s bulls**t 'cause when you say "the N-word" you put the word "n***er" in the listeners head. That’s what saying a word is. You say "the N-word" and I go "Oh, she means 'n***er'." You're making me say it in my head! Why don’t you f**kin' say it instead and take responsibility, with the s**tty words you wanna say. Just say it, don’t hide behind the first letter like a faggot just say it. Say "n***er" you stupid c**t! -LCK

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions