REGISTER
 

The return of the Bat

1234567891011121314151617181920

paul_richardsIcon...03-12-2007 @ 20:17 
Avatar
I personally prefer the stiffest possible.
Member 158, 3110 posts
SQ 170, BP 107.5, DL 222.5
500.0 kgs @ 67.4kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 03.12.2007 @ 20:17 PM
Those squats were

Easy Weights
FruitbatIcon...09-12-2007 @ 18:31 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Northwest Equipped Powerlifting championships - Rhinos gym - 9th Dec 07

I weighed in sooo light at 63kg which is about 3kg below my normal competition weight and the weight loss showed in my strength. No fireworks today but I met my main goals, had a good time, gained some experience, met some new people, got some excellent advice and qualified for the British champs.

Squats - was worried about making depth but actually because of the weight loss my suit was a bit looser and getting depth was pretty easy. FOrm not great as I need to learn to sit back more. My third lift was a little difficult but none of the lifts were much of a grind. OPener 115kg, second lift 125kg and final lift 135k all made with three white lights

Bench - Bench curse hit again. I have never made all three attempts on bench at a competition. Warmups were absolutely terrible. 50kg raw is usually easy and it was HARD today. I got my shirt on and struggled with 60kg though it came down to the chest - again probably because of the weight loss. So I changed my opener to 60kg. 60kg and 70kg were passed but 70kg was hard and I knew 70kg wouldnt go up but tried for 75kg anyway... and failed :lol:

Deads - was doing raw deads today and although I love DLs I just didnt get any adrenaline for them at all. I got 125kg easily, 140kg wasnt as easy as it should have been and I knew there was no PB for me there today so I went for 145kg and just made it with a fight. I missed the adrenaline and really am not that strong right now was pleased with 145 as this gave me a 350kg total which is a decent first semi-equipped total and 40kg over my raw total.

I have qualified for British Equipped champs with that too as the qualifying total for Seniors 67.5kg females is 310kg.
RobIcon...09-12-2007 @ 18:45 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Another really solid perfomance Karen, even if you didn't make any PBs, although the weight loss and training interruptions are doubtless to blame for that! Anytime you piss the national qualifying total I think you can safely say you had a good day's lifting Wink

I'll stick your squat and deadlift videos up in a bit, in the meantime I hope you are going to empty Joni's fridge. He's on a diet, he won't mind.
BoarIcon...09-12-2007 @ 18:51 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
well done fruitbat !!
HaydenIcon...09-12-2007 @ 18:55 
Avatar
memories , like the corners of my mind ....
Member 49, 2298 posts
SQ 200, BP 132.5, DL 220
552.5 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
Great lifting.
RobIcon...09-12-2007 @ 19:16 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Here's video Karen, only caught the final attempts!

FruitbatIcon...09-12-2007 @ 19:51 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
wow thanks rob - last attempts are the most interesting anyway! Squat looks pretty easy, bench was an obvious fail from the moment it got to the chest and deads was one helluva grind!
CarlIcon...09-12-2007 @ 19:54 
Avatar
Loves rugby league ...
Member 13, 14460 posts
SQ 230, BP 180.5, DL 262.5
673.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq
Administrator
Post Edited: 09.12.2007 @ 19:55 PM
looks like you picked your weights well

especially deads

well done
NeilIcon...09-12-2007 @ 20:07 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Well done Karen, really impressive.
mishimaIcon...10-12-2007 @ 08:07 
Avatar
pink french superstar beard
Member 26, 4030 posts
SQ 190, BP 0, DL 205
395.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
Good going FB!
marcIcon...10-12-2007 @ 08:14 
Avatar
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine
Member 84, 2540 posts
SQ 225, BP 177.5, DL 275
677.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
Great lifting fruit girlHappy
jimblanchflowerIcon...10-12-2007 @ 11:05 
Teabagger for hire
Member 54, 237 posts
It was an impressive first equipped outing. Most of your lifts passed and a big total, with plenty more to come when you are more accustomed to the support gear.

A bit of off-season rack work could be useful for your DL. Take it easy with this and don't overdo it. Maybe start off with 90-100kg off a peg a couple of inches above the knee. Concentrate on holding the bar and pushing the hips forward as part of your finish.
IainKendrickIcon...10-12-2007 @ 11:23 
Avatar
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Well done! Particulary for qualyfying for Brits!
FruitbatIcon...28-02-2008 @ 13:38 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Hello Sugden

It has been a long time since I posted on Sugden and an equally long time since I did some decent training. A lot of "stuff" has been happening in my life in my interent-absence but I am getting back into training at long last though struggling to adjust to the huge weight and strength losses the last few months of idleness have incurred. I weigh currently 59.5kg and am finding 60kg squats (raw), 45kg bench (raw) and 100kg DLs (raw) much heavier than I would ever have last season. In order not to get too discouraged I have decided to treat this year like a fresh beginning - as if this was my first year competing. Therefore, like last year, I will be entering the NW Open Unequipped as my first competition of the season and this will be followed up a week later by South England vs. Wales competition in Cheltenham where I have been asked to compete on the women's welsh team - I presume equipped though my equipment is all too big for me now.

Currently getting back into the swing of it so I am doing 3 sessions a week with all 3 lifts at 3-5 reps 3-5 sets low intensity to get the form, get the muscle memory working and get into it all psychologically. I really do find my training environment and strength loss very demotivating and am struggling to deal with it.

Hopefully I will see some of you all at the Sugden Classic this weekend as I should be there to watch Grin
CuddlesIcon...28-02-2008 @ 14:03 
Avatar
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
Good luck with it FB. It comes back much quicker than it takes to get there in the first place so dont sell yourself short.

You'll be hitting pbs before long!

1234567891011121314151617181920

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions