REGISTER
 

The return of the Bat

1234567891011121314151617181920

FruitbatIcon...25-06-2007 @ 20:49 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Monday

I feel really good after yesterday's session and in view of the fact I will be away for the weekend I decided to keep my normal training days this week despite training yesterday where I wouldnt usually. Also I dont want to train tomorrow or Thursday because I am doing some tests for the Sports department then (VO2max tests on a ergocyclometer).


Bench
5x20k with the wide-grip shown yesterday
5x40k with same wide grip - feels really good
5x5x47.5k with a grip halfway between my normal narrow grip and my new aspired-to wide-grip - felt quite strong though the 5th rep of each set always felt like it was the last one in the tank

Push-press
5x20k
5x30k
5f,5f,5 x 35k

Light squats
5x20k
5x5x40k focusing on the hip drive and carrying the bar lower on back like yesterday. Also I was wearing walking boots with solid soles rather than trainers and it felt good. Have ordered adidas ironwork II shoes Grin - just need to get some plimsoles for DLs now.

Dips
10xBW
8x(BW+10k)
8x(BW+10k)

Dorsal raises
100 situps (40 were lateral)
FruitbatIcon...27-06-2007 @ 19:38 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Post Edited: 27.06.2007 @ 19:38 PM
Wednesday 27 June 07 - Gym
was really psyched up for this session but went away feeling disappointed - the gym was busy so I didnt get to do everything I wanted and in the end it felt like a really disco session Unhappy

DLs
5x60k
3x90k
3,3,3x100k
3,3,3x90k
all with as strict a form as I could muster with focus on what I was told on sunday - too much volume really (I need to work on this reducing the volume business) but quite light though right at the limit for me between good form and form starting to break a bit....

Then the session all went down hill...
5,5,3,3,2,2 BW wide-grip pullups (BW) which are harder now i am heavier again
5,5,3,2 chin-ups (BW)
3x8 hanging leg raises 180*
3x5x50k bentover rows
3x10 dorsal raises on stability ball
100 stability ball situps
FruitbatIcon...28-06-2007 @ 21:29 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Thursday
was supposed to be a rest day but I needed to go kick hell out of something, preferably myself.

Clean and press for reps in 75s
14 at 30k
8 at 35k
9 at 35k

Hang cleans 3x3x35k

15min medium to low intensity cycling


was really frustrated at lack of stuff to do in gym but was at least sensible enough to save myself for my bit squat session tomorrow
HaydenIcon...28-06-2007 @ 21:41 
Avatar
memories , like the corners of my mind ....
Member 49, 2298 posts
SQ 200, BP 132.5, DL 220
552.5 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
Looks like your really getting your training underway. Lookin forward to seeing some nice progress.
FruitbatIcon...29-06-2007 @ 19:09 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Thanks Vince - yeah feeling good and although the numbers are down I think I am stronger cos I am more focused on form Grin Its just my legs that are oh so weak but my ankles are still improving - whereas I had a bit of tendonitis earlier this week the pain is going away fast and I can barely feel my left ankle (the worse of the two) at all now Grin

Anyway today was going rubbishly and I was really angry and was hoping to use that energy in the gym but it petered away before I got there Unhappy At first the session was going badly but then I started to feel better about my squats when I realised I was still doing well on the form tips I got on Sunday and they bench started out feeling heavy and then suddeny BAM the bar was shooting up fast and it felt like EASY and wide grip felt awesome. And then I did some more legs and I felt good too.

Gym

Squats:
5x5x60k - held the bar lower and really focused on hip drive. Legs felt weak but back felt strong. Was disappointed it felt heavy but pleased with the form and explosiveness. Nice and deep.

Bench (light day):
5x20k warmup
3x40k warmup
6x3x45k with the wide grip, strict tight arch and a pause at the bottom, First 2 sets felt really hard but then suddenly BAM I was there and the bar was flying up explosively. Felt awesome.
1x50k just wanted to see how 50k felt like with widegrip and it was the easiest thing in the world... there are soooo some new PBs to be had

Front squats: 3x5x40k
Alternated lunges 3x10x40k
Pushups balancing on the dumbbels 3x10
Dorsal raises on stability ball 3x10
50 situps

I got a rest weekend being fed at my grandparents this weekend (trains allowing for me to get to London :S)
FruitbatIcon...02-07-2007 @ 19:39 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
been feeling really rubbish lately and suffering from stress quite a lot. Anyway the session started out bad and the benching felt really shaky but then the endorphins started kicking in and I got more into the workout and ended up feeling quite good about my session

Monday 2nd July 07


Bench (heavy day and week 6)
warmups 5x20k, 4x40k, 4x45k
4x4x50k
all relatively wide grip but didnt feel very strong at all today - got easier though after first few sets

Push-press
5x20k
5x30k
5x5x35k

Light squats
warmup 5x20k, 5x40k, 5x50k
6x2x60k form really good felt quite strong

Dips
10xBW
8,8 x(+10k) felt weak after pushpress and bench - wasnt a very good range of depth either

Dorsal raises on stability ball with 5k plate hugged to my chest 3x10
100 stability ball situps (incl 40 laterals)
FruitbatIcon...04-07-2007 @ 19:38 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Wednesday 4th July 07


DLs
5x60k
3x90k strict form
1x100k form started to break and hereafter it was with my "normal" not-very-good form
1x105k
1x110k
1x115k
1x120k
1x127.5k thats a 2.5k PB - was the ugliest rep ever not even sure if it would have been approved in competition but it locked out and it got there. I wasnt expecting to go for PB today but I just kept adding 5k until i got to 120k and 120k felt light so i decided to go for PB and did. Not as easy a PB as at the comp when I got 125k but a much easier PB than the first time I did 120k last summer.

3x5xBW pullups
3xBW chinups but lost interest

3x5x60k SLDLs

felt too guilty about not being in lab to do abs or other stuff I had planned.

despite PB wasnt good session - I dont feel I trained wisely at all. Still it is good to know my DL is back where it was before my ankle injury and then a bit added on!
JoniIcon...04-07-2007 @ 20:02 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
wow a PB out of the blue! Fantastic work Fruity, nice boost for your comp prep!

2.5 weeks out!!!
RickIcon...04-07-2007 @ 22:41 
Avatar
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10068 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
Good stuff girl! Deadlift PBs are always good.
FruitbatIcon...05-07-2007 @ 19:16 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
thanks Grin

I am so excited for the comp and enjoying training at the moment.

Thursday 5th July

Was a social session in the gym today but did a few bits and bobs

3x5xBW chinups

3x10x60k shrugs

12x7.5k, 10x 10k, 6x12.5k dumbel bicep curls

20 min cycle

100 situps

Looking fwd to my squat session tomorrow Grin
tokarIcon...05-07-2007 @ 21:50 
Avatar
Невыносимо Высокомерный (RIP)
Member 11, 965 posts
SQ 190, BP 140, DL 255
585.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 05.07.2007 @ 21:50 PM
Good work on the deadlift PB - on what basis do you think the lift might have been red lighted?

And 50x4x4 on bench has to be good for a single about 55...?
HaydenIcon...05-07-2007 @ 21:57 
Avatar
memories , like the corners of my mind ....
Member 49, 2298 posts
SQ 200, BP 132.5, DL 220
552.5 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
Nice work on the PB. Comp should be good, 130 deadlift?Grin
FruitbatIcon...05-07-2007 @ 22:11 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
the bench programme i am on is supposed to get me a new PB at 57.7k but if I can get a paused 55k bench at the comp that would be awesome- also will probably competing with my new wide-grip bench Grin

Yeah would love to go for 130k on DL at the comp - its the idea anyway. I talked with Joni about my DL form and he reckons as I didnt hitch it and didnt let the bar back down again that my DL would have been legal. But yeah was a pretty ugly rep Roll-Eyes

Squats remain to be seen - would like to get 80k or luck and strength willing a new PB at 85 but I fear I am being ambitious. We will see what my tomorrow's Squat session brings Tongue
JoniIcon...05-07-2007 @ 22:45 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
PBs rarely are work of elegant beauty Grin

And uglyness is not breaking the rules, so go for it!

130 does have a nice ring to it doesnt it...
FruitbatIcon...06-07-2007 @ 19:21 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Post Edited: 06.07.2007 @ 19:22 PM
Friday 6th July 07

Squats (heavy day):
10x20k
3x50k
1x60k
1x65k
1x70k
1x75k
1x80k (training partner insists it was on my own but he is a BBer and his spotting method sometimes gives assistance before failure and he is not aware he has helped me. Anyway if it was on my own it was quite heavy but a nice rep all the same)
fx85k (but pretty close me thinks)
2,2x70k (felt harder than expected)
3x60k
was a bit weird cos I never really felt like I got into the squatting at all...


Light bench day
10x20k
3x40k
6x45k with nice widegrip - really solid, really strong, quite explosive --- NICE

Front squats
3x5x40k

Cycle 20min
30ish V-ups (abs)

1234567891011121314151617181920

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions