REGISTER
 

The return of the Bat

1234567891011121314151617181920

FruitbatIcon...08-07-2007 @ 16:53 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Sunday at Unit 20 for strongwoman play-time Grin

Log press
5x30k
3x36k
1x41k PB really easy
fx46k (turned out it was probably 44.5k unbalanced cos wasnt loaded the same on both sides)
fx43k but I feel I should have made it - disappointed I didnt and also wish I could have had another go because I am sure 43k was there

Yoke
20m 130k
15k 170k with 3drops good weight to work on
failed pickup on 210k
40m 130k with a set down to turn around

Stones
2 attempts with 80k baby - the second attempt felt like the best to date but still a way to go

I was a bit cautious at the moment because my top priority is the PL comp and PLing in general of course - and I think I have a very slight trap-pull from light shrugs on Thursday. So I didnt do farmers. But actually trap feels better now than it did earlier today. Enjoyed the session v much Grin
FruitbatIcon...10-07-2007 @ 20:26 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Tuesday 10th July 2007

Gym

Bench press
warmups: 10x20k; 3x40k, 1x45k, 1x50k
3x3x52.5k so so so easy GrinGrinGrinGrin

Light squats
6x3x65k not bad form

Dips
10xBW
10x(+10k)
8x(+10k)

20min medium-high intensity

50 situps
20 dorsal raises
HaydenIcon...10-07-2007 @ 20:32 
Avatar
memories , like the corners of my mind ....
Member 49, 2298 posts
SQ 200, BP 132.5, DL 220
552.5 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
Originally posted by Fruitbat...
3x3x52.5k so so so easy GrinGrinGrinGrin


Thats good for an eaasy 57.5. Looking forward to seeing what you lift at the comp.
tokarIcon...10-07-2007 @ 21:02 
Avatar
Невыносимо Высокомерный (RIP)
Member 11, 965 posts
SQ 190, BP 140, DL 255
585.0 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
Looking very good for a bench PB - what's the plan on tapering for the contest now?
FruitbatIcon...10-07-2007 @ 21:47 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
This week will be normal and then next week one session with my openers on Tuesday and then maybe some light work on Thursday to keep the neural impulses thing going on.

With regards to bench press I have 2x2x55k to do early next week and then hoping to get 57.5k at the comp which will be a PB Grin
FruitbatIcon...12-07-2007 @ 19:02 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Thursday 12th July 2007

Push-press
6x20k
3x30k
1x35k
1x40k PB
1x42.5k PB
fx45k but oh ever so close

Dumbel shoulder press
8x7.5k
4x12.5k
8x10k
8x12.5k

Light bench day - all reps paused and with "press" command; wide-grip is my "normal" grip now
6x3x45k

cycle 20min
100 situps
FruitbatIcon...13-07-2007 @ 17:59 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Friday 13th July 2007

Squats with my new squat shoes - first session with them and I LOVE them Grin
warmup: 3x20k,1x40k, 1x50k
1x60k
1x70k awesome form
1x75k eek felt really hard and messy form
1x80k really easy rep and better form than ever before at that weight
GrinGrinGrinGrin 1x85k PB GrinGrinGrinGrin pretty easy for a PB- was slow at the bottom as I fought to keep my chest up which is always my failing on squats but then suddenly I took off
3x3x70k the first two sets were with really nice form but the last set I was tired

Front squats
5x40k
2x5x45k

Lunges (not with squat shoes)
5x40k ea leg
2x4x45k ea leg

100 stability ball situps (incl laterals)
3x20 dorsal raises on stability ball
RobIcon...13-07-2007 @ 18:14 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Nice one! Glad the shoes proved a good investment!
JoniIcon...13-07-2007 @ 23:36 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 13.07.2007 @ 23:36 PM
exellent new PB fruity, looking strong for the comp now!!!!

Predictions for attempts?
HaydenIcon...13-07-2007 @ 23:37 
Avatar
memories , like the corners of my mind ....
Member 49, 2298 posts
SQ 200, BP 132.5, DL 220
552.5 kgs @ 123kgs UnEq
Niice PB. Ready to blitz the comp.
FruitbatIcon...14-07-2007 @ 09:23 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
I am really struggling to know what to go for in the comps....

Squat: 75/82.5/87.5 ???
Bench: 47.5 / 52.5 / 57.5 ???? or 50 / 55/ 57.5????
DL: 115 / 122.5 / 130 ??????

I am struggling with how big gaps I can have between attempts so as to minimise tiring myself out on the first two attempts but not to make the jump too big.....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JoniIcon...14-07-2007 @ 12:12 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
my newbie comment would be that the jumps are too small. you are getting stronger now, and you need to get used to bigger jumps.

the squat opener may be too high? i would rather go 70/80/87.5

bench first scenario looks solid to me, second one is hunting for a good total? you probably dont have to worry about total at this comp?

deads also, big opener, small jumps there. why not bag a nice a easy opener, and jump a wee bit more towards your ultimate lift? 110/120/130

three PBs is a good target Wink
FruitbatIcon...16-07-2007 @ 19:18 
Avatar
slightly smaller bat
Member 15, 304 posts
SQ 135, BP 70, DL 147.5
352.5 kgs @ 63kgs Eq
Monday 16th July 2007

I have been really sore after squats - mostly on my back which I have been hitting really hard lately. I had been planning on a Sunday back workout as I missed my DL and back session last week but my body was telling me rest is more important at this stage than training. Today I was supposed to rest but I was in a bit of a dilemna because I have been doing this Russian programme on bench and I wanted to do this week's session so after a rubbish day I needed something to cheer me up anyway so I went to gym and did just bench nothing else and it was quickly over so I dont even feel like I did anything...

Bench press
warmups 3x40k, 2x50k
2x2x55k EASY
and then not part of the programme but because I was dying to try it: 1x57.5k PB GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin really easy (not paused) rep.

End of workout

So now I am wondering whether or not to really go for it at comp this Sunday and do 50/55/60 on bench because I am 99% sure 55k paused will go no problems this comp so 60k is no loss if I dont get it but there is a chance with my current strenght and the comp adrenaline that I might get 60k....
marcIcon...16-07-2007 @ 19:37 
Avatar
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine
Member 84, 2536 posts
SQ 225, BP 177.5, DL 275
677.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq
great liftingHappy
TonyIcon...16-07-2007 @ 19:39 
Avatar
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq
60kg for sure. It would be criminal to repeat a PB for a third attempt.

1234567891011121314151617181920

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions