REGISTER
 

Nobody steals our chicks... and lives!

12345678910 ... ... 7273747576777879808182

NeilIcon...06-07-2009 @ 21:43 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Monday 6th July

Bench: 50 x 5, 60 x 5, 70 x 5, 80 x 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5.

This year has to be the year of the bench for me. My deadlift and squat (while not good enough) are fine when compared to my weak as piss bench. So, because I have limited time, I am now on a mission. BENCH!
nicoIcon...07-07-2009 @ 20:05 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
Hallelujah! I knew you would see the light! Bench is the now black.

This is what I did to nudge my bench up (cut and paste from somewhere or other)

#
What is the Smolov Jr?
The Smolov Jr is a 3 week routine/rep scheme (although many have stretched it out to 4 or even 6 weeks). It's less difficult than the similar base cycle of the full Smolov and is better suited to more lifts (e.g., it works well for bench). The routine is as follows:

Week 1 (SETSxREPSxWEIGHT)
Mon - 6x6x70%
Wed - 7x5x75%
Fri - 8x4x80%
Sat - 10x3x85%
Week 2
Mon - 6x6x70%+10-20 lbs (bigger increase for bigger lift like squats)
Wed - 7x5x75%+10-20 lbs
Fri - 8x4x80%+10-20 lbs
Sat - 10x3x85%+10-20 lbs
Week 3
Mon - 6x6x70%+15-25 lbs
Wed - 7x5x75%+15-25 lbs
Fri - 8x4x80%+15-25 lbs
Sat - 10x3x85%+15-25 lbs


I calculated it off a 120 max, didn't finish it and didn't do stuff on the right day, and it still got the job done. I reckon if you plug in something like a 110 (or a bit more if you are feeling ambitious) and add 3-5 kg per week, it could get you up to 125-130 pretty sharpish. There is a nice spreadsheet floating around the net somewhere.
BoarIcon...07-07-2009 @ 21:33 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
WTF are all them numbers ??

love 30 ?
NeilIcon...07-07-2009 @ 21:47 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Cheers matey, I may just give that a go then! I've had enough of having a weak as piss bench. I'd be delighted if I managed to get a 300lb bench by the end of the year... but that would involve adding around 15kgs to my previous bench max, a max which probably doesn't reflect my current max (115 maybe?).

Tuesday 7th July

Pullups: BW x 5,5,5,5,5.
Widearm pullups: BW x 5,5,5,5,5.

BW being 89kgs. Owing to a rather hectic schedule at the moment I'm finding it tough to get much done, but I'm not going to stop like last time, I'm going to make sure I at least go in there and do the minimum to keep my hand in as it were.
BoarIcon...07-07-2009 @ 21:49 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
89kg's @ 5 foot 5 !!

you must look like an anvil mate !!

just keep training hard neil mate , even during rough/busy weeks , even quick sessions are beneficial
NeilIcon...07-07-2009 @ 22:16 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
lol

Yeah that's what I figured. That 4month hiatus over winter did me no favours whatsoever.
nicoIcon...08-07-2009 @ 09:50 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
I agree with the boar (as always). I have had a pretty hectic couple of months and it was good just to go in for 20 mins and bang out some bench or whatever, especially when we don't have to go to a gym to do it.
NeilIcon...13-07-2009 @ 12:07 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Yep, and I'm still doing my best to get them in.

Monday 13th July

Squat: 50 x 5,5,5, 90 x 5,5,5, 120 x 5,5,5.
Bench: 50 x 5, 60 x 5, 70 x 5, 80 x 5 90 x 5, 70 x 10.

In and out within a sweaty 30mins.
NeilIcon...17-07-2009 @ 16:12 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Friday 17th July

Speed bench: 50 x 3,3,3, 60 x 3,3,3, 65 x 3,3,3, 70 x 3,3,3, 65 x 3,3,3, 60 x 3,3,3.
Overhead: 50 x 5, 60 x 5, 70 x 3, 80 x 1,1,1.

f**k my back and legs, they can take care of themselves. I want a 130 bench and 100 above my head by the end of the year!
EDCLARKEIcon...17-07-2009 @ 21:14 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Neil said:
Friday 17th July

Speed bench: 50 x 3,3,3, 60 x 3,3,3, 65 x 3,3,3, 70 x 3,3,3, 65 x 3,3,3, 60 x 3,3,3.
Overhead: 50 x 5, 60 x 5, 70 x 3, 80 x 1,1,1.

f**k my back and legs, they can take care of themselves. I want a 130 bench and 100 above my head by the end of the year!


race you to that 100k overhead?looser has to admit that they are fat!
BoarIcon...17-07-2009 @ 21:15 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
there are no losers here .. your both fat
EDCLARKEIcon...17-07-2009 @ 22:55 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
true but Neil's fatter,too many snails in garlic sauce!
NeilIcon...18-07-2009 @ 12:24 
Avatar
For Kettle, For Country!
Member 81, 1706 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 120, DL 227.5
530.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
There's little point in me trying to deny it. We weigh about the same, lift about the same, I'm 2.5" taller than Boar (5'9"), and Ed is 6'15". Surely I'm fatter!
BoarIcon...18-07-2009 @ 14:01 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
LOL , a fair point from the tubby wannabe frenchman
nicoIcon...18-07-2009 @ 14:20 
Avatar
just smoked Ed and Neil - EAT MY GOAL
Member 120, 1583 posts
you are all fat midgets in my bookGrin

12345678910 ... ... 7273747576777879808182

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions