REGISTER
 
You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → Jamie's Log..

Jamie's Log..

12345678910 ... ... 203204205206207208209210211212213

ContainsnutsIcon...21-06-2012 @ 14:08 
Avatar
The secret to will's success
Member 2924, 342 posts
SQ 170, BP 140, DL 235
545.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Yo Jamie
Some awesome training going on Sir makes good reading
I been out for few weeks moving in with the Mrs.
You got a comp coming up?
ContainsnutsIcon...21-06-2012 @ 14:14 
Avatar
The secret to will's success
Member 2924, 342 posts
SQ 170, BP 140, DL 235
545.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
same time messaging not bad eh! already said this but well done on the 250 pull mate that's an impressive mile stone!
TerminatorIcon...21-06-2012 @ 14:35 
Avatar
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 5088 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 290
690.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Containsnuts said:Yo Jamie
Some awesome training going on Sir makes good reading
I been out for few weeks moving in with the Mrs.
You got a comp coming up?


Thanks a lot! Training's coming together nicely. I'm doing Bristol's strongest man in 5 weeks. The weights are a step up from last time, which will be a nice stepping stone between novice and 105 I feel Happy

How's that going? Must be an awful lot on your plate!
TerminatorIcon...21-06-2012 @ 14:43 
Avatar
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 5088 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 290
690.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 21.06.2012 @ 14:43 PM by Terminator
Containsnuts said:Yo Jamie
Some awesome training going on Sir makes good reading
I been out for few weeks moving in with the Mrs.
You got a comp coming up?


dp
MattD90Icon...22-06-2012 @ 09:37 
Avatar
Skaven for the win !!
Member 2490, 3589 posts
SQ 180, BP 120, DL 230
530.0 kgs @ 82kgs UnEq
Shame Bristol's is in 5 wks, I will have left for summer else I'd come watch. Good luck anyway
ContainsnutsIcon...22-06-2012 @ 11:56 
Avatar
The secret to will's success
Member 2924, 342 posts
SQ 170, BP 140, DL 235
545.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
I'll take a look at Bristol's and see what your in for but no doubt you'll smash it mate!

Well like said I been moving in with the Miss so training a little where i can but I've been rested so intend to have it painful now.

Train hard mate I'll chat soon
ContainsnutsIcon...22-06-2012 @ 12:17 
Avatar
The secret to will's success
Member 2924, 342 posts
SQ 170, BP 140, DL 235
545.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Tidy little comp mate you'll do well at that.

Belt cleans for the axle and looks like you been doing them already. Farmers and Yolk weights are comfortable and you got the power to finish.
Deadlift car well can't advise you on that, i would be asking you lol.
Block press I've not tried but 90 sounds manageable.

Awesome look forward to hearing how you do. GOOD LOUCK
TerminatorIcon...22-06-2012 @ 12:22 
Avatar
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 5088 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 290
690.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Bench:

50 kg x 5
70 kg x 5
90 kg x 5

105 kg x 5
105 kg x 5
105 kg x 5
105 kg x 5
105 kg x 6 = PB for last set and volume PB overall

Didn't ask for a spot on the first 4 sets, so getting the bar out was a b**ch. Managed 6 on the last set which I was pleased about (got a hand off)

Squat:

60 kg x 5
100 kg x 5
125 kg x 5
147.5 kg x 5

172.5 kg x 5 PB

The rip on my shorts got even bigger on the first rep, but I just carried on. Going to have to buy a new pair now. XXL lol

Pull ups:

BW x 8/8/8/8/8/8

Preacher curl DB:

18 kg for 3 sets of 8

1 hour 50


Saw a guy using knee wraps to squat 140 kg x 8 for about 5 inches with a bar pad whilst I was benching. Spoke to him after and he had just come off a testosterone cycle which boosted his deadlift from 140 x 2 to 160 x 1. Did my best to keep a straight face after hearing this lol
TerminatorIcon...22-06-2012 @ 12:23 
Avatar
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 5088 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 290
690.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
MattD90 said:Shame Bristol's is in 5 wks, I will have left for summer else I'd come watch. Good luck anyway


Should turn up to see me get destroyed lol. Thanks Happy
TerminatorIcon...22-06-2012 @ 12:30 
Avatar
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 5088 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 290
690.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Containsnuts said:Tidy little comp mate you'll do well at that.

Belt cleans for the axle and looks like you been doing them already. Farmers and Yolk weights are comfortable and you got the power to finish.
Deadlift car well can't advise you on that, i would be asking you lol.
Block press I've not tried but 90 sounds manageable.

Awesome look forward to hearing how you do. GOOD LOUCK


Moving house must be very stressful, hopefully I manage it someday lol.
Training for the axle is going well, and I'm going to do some yoke / farmers next week. Deadlift should be ok, a car will be interesting. That block will be no repped by a few I reckon
Thanks Happy
TerminatorIcon...25-06-2012 @ 14:01 
Avatar
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 5088 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 290
690.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Trained at strength tec today, just me Rob Frampton and Warrick Brant in the gym today, I felt massive..

Strict Press (paused reps):

40 kg x 5
52.5 kg x 5
65 kg x 5

85 kg x 3 fail 4
85 kg x 3 fail 4 = PB

Rob gave me some advice on pausing the reps on the shoulders for longer and resetting. Second set was better than the first.

Axle Clean and Press (clean first rep only):

70 kg x 2
70 kg x 2
85 kg x 1
95 kg x 1

105 kg x 1 PB
95 kg x 4 fail 5 PB
110 kg x fail clean

Pleased to hit the 105, and got some decent reps in with 95. Wasn't intending to press 110, just clean it.

Farmers (drop and turn at 10m:

70 kg x 20 m
90 kg x 20 m
90 kg x 20 m
90 kg x 20 m
100 kg x 20 m
100 kg x 10 m
70 kg x 15 m

Keg loading:

40 kg to 64"
95 kg to 64" x 4 PB


Not bad Happy
brownbearIcon...25-06-2012 @ 14:55 
Avatar
Morrisons - rump - 7£
Member 2206, 11578 posts
SQ 228, BP 150, DL 260
638.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Nice axle
And strict
TerminatorIcon...25-06-2012 @ 16:13 
Avatar
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 5088 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 290
690.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
brownbear said:Nice axle
And strict


Thanks! Hopefully I won't completely embarrass my ancestors at Bristol Happy
TerminatorIcon...26-06-2012 @ 11:37 
Avatar
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 5088 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 290
690.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 26.06.2012 @ 11:42 AM by Terminator
Back at uni gym for the last week now

Bench:

50 kg x 5
70 kg x 5
90 kg x 5
105 kg x 1

115 kg x 3 PB and easy

Squat:

70 kg x 5
100 kg x 5
125 kg x 5
150 kg x 5

175 kg x 3 (failed 4th on depth) PB
180 kg x 1

Squats at 175 kg were fairly comfortable, could have had 4 easily! 180 wasn't as fast as it has been, but at least it wasn't failed this time.

Pull ups (straps):

BW x 8,8,8,8,9,9 (50 reps total)

DB Preacher curl:

20 kg x 3 sets of 8

1 hour 35
TerminatorIcon...28-06-2012 @ 12:38 
Avatar
jerking is obviously great,
Member 2521, 5088 posts
SQ 240, BP 160, DL 290
690.0 kgs @ 111kgs UnEq
18" Deadlift from pins

70 kg x 5
70 kg x 5
120 kg x 5
170 kg x 5 DOH
205 kg x 2 Belt + straps

237.5 kg x 5 PB (last rep hitched)

265 kg x 1 PB (slight hitch)

237.5 x 5 was a little rushed, I feel with a longer break between reps I could have done the 5th clean. 265 was pretty quick off the pins (compared to 260 a few weeks ago), and didn't need hitching until later. Reckon I'd be capable of 275-280 from fresh.

Power Clean:

50 kg x 3
70 kg x 3
80 kg x 2

Belt clean (oly bar):

80 kg x 2
90 kg x 1
100 kg x 1

110 kg x 1 = PB
115 kg x fail
115 kg x fail
115 kg x 1 PB

Bent over row (straps):

50 kg x 6
90 kg x 6

Pull ups:

BW x 3
+20 kg x 1 =PB
+25 kg x 1 PB
+30 kg x fail by literally a couple of inches!

Add straps

BW x 10
BW x 10

1 hour 45

12345678910 ... ... 203204205206207208209210211212213

You are here: Home → Forum → Training Journals → Jamie's Log..
© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions