Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsA bit of this and a bit of that!

A bit of this and a bit of that!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Brad_Cutler said:Nice PJ, no concerns with the shoulder using it?

mmmm not really the only thing which has stung my shoulder is benching/dips in the past, but i think doing above head consistently especially push press and jerks has helped aleviate that if anything...i think if i strict pressed every week i might not be saying that....but i just dont tempt fate.

when are you starting back on oly?
Post Edited: 16.07.2010 @ 21:09 PM by NickR
120kg power jerk from earlier today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFE3qrJ6K1E

should have nailed 125kg and more today...bit frustrating but more than i expected going into it!
Brad_Cutler
NickR said:
mmmm not really the only thing which has stung my shoulder is benching/dips in the past, but i think doing above head consistently especially push press and jerks has helped aleviate that if anything...i think if i strict pressed every week i might not be saying that....but i just dont tempt fate.
when are you starting back on oly?

No chance of it down here pal, not even thinking about it to be completely honest. Just getting on with PL and thats it. Obviously I front squat with the aim of having some decent olympic strength eventually, long way to go (even front squat wise).

Enjoying the bench training at the moment and the lack of deadlifting! Grin
Post Edited: 16.07.2010 @ 21:24 PM by NickR
Brad_Cutler said:
No chance of it down here pal, not even thinking about it to be completely honest. Just getting on with PL and thats it. Obviously I front squat with the aim of having some decent olympic strength eventually, long way to go (even front squat wise).
Enjoying the bench training at the moment and the lack of deadlifting! Grin

Fair enough, well your going well...250 was strong.

mmm you may suprise yourself...you hit 190-200 on front squat and work on getting under a bar quick you could hit a big clean!

speaking of fronties i need to get my arse in gear and crack on with the 180 race....16kg behind currently!Roll-Eyes
Brad_Cutler
NickR said:
Fair enough, well your going well...250 was strong.
mmm you may suprise yourself...you hit 190-200 on front squat and work on getting under a bar quick you could hit a big clean!
speaking of fronties i need to get my arse in gear and crack on with the 180 race....16kg behind currently!Roll-Eyes

I think there is room for improvement on my low bar, just a case of being able to train it! My current front squat form is not conducive to producing big olympic lifts, my 'perfect' front squat beltless is about 140-150kg although I'm sure if I racked 150-160 I could recover from it if everything was right.

I've done a strict PC (almost muscle clean worthy) of 118kg with 4 weeks training towards it so I'm sure with abit of training I could clean 140 ish fairly quickly, although as it stands currently this is all talk and 140 doesn't even begin to register on the scale of 'good'! Grin
Brad_Cutler
NickR said:

Behave I haven't even doubled 160kg yet and at this point I doubt I'll make much more progress until I put alot more work in. My perfect high bar needs to go up aswell, luckily in powerlifting all this perfect stuff means f all though
Tongue Wink
Easy power jerk there mate, deffo more in tank!
Brad_Cutler said:
Behave I haven't even doubled 160kg yet and at this point I doubt I'll make much more progress until I put alot more work in. My perfect high bar needs to go up aswell, luckily in powerlifting all this perfect stuff means f all though
Tongue Wink

mmm im less of that opinion nowadays...even for unequipped...the more grinders you do - the more you can take away from other lifts.
mishima said:Easy power jerk there mate, deffo more in tank!

i'll take that coming from the lemon fresh posse! Wink
Tuesday

BW - 96.0kg

Front Squats

60x3
100x1 belt added
130x1
150x1
165kgx1 PB
170kgx1 PB

Power Clean

60x3
80x2
100x1
110kgx2

Bench - tng

60x5
100x1
120x1
135x1

Speed Bench - 75x3 s/s Skull Crushersx10 x 3 sets 45s.

UH Chin - bw x8 s/s Lateral Raisex10 x 2sets 45s.

Nice little pb on the fronties, pretty pleased with power cleans post fronties bench just to maintain something heavyish this week.
Nice Fronties.Happy
Brad_Cutler
Catching up! I have no idea why you can't squat more low bar or high bar....
Lurkio said:Nice Fronties.Happy

thanks! hows training going?
Brad_Cutler said:Catching up! I have no idea why you can't squat more low bar or high bar....

mmmm i do....i make gains every training cycle ive done the last 2 years which has involved:

1. consistent training venue and people around when needed (spotters, training partners etc...)

2. no injuries

3. when decisive between unequipped or equipped

when these 3 things are in place i get stronger no problem....240 low bar this year!
NickR said:
thanks! hows training going?

Quiet this week mate, but will change Saturday.Grin

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsA bit of this and a bit of that!
Return to top View Desktop Site