Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumNutritionProtein Intake on an average day

Protein Intake on an average day

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

yummy yummy
I said you'd be lucky to put 1Ib on in a month. Lets say you put 2Ib on this still isnt that much visually. Anymore than that and IMO you'd have be having a bit "SAUCE" on your chips.

Glycogen makes a massive difference. I was ill over Xmas, lost 2.5KG, looked small, felt weak. 3 weeks later, eating properly, training hard, back on the creatine and I have gained all the weight back. I look much bigger, leaner and am loads stronger than 3 weeks ago. How much muscle have I gained, IMO almost nothing.

Creatine can gain you several pounds in water, carb up and you'll gain several pounds too.

With regards to carbs and micros. I think this steamed from me talking about protein and someone asking if I neglected carbs. My answer is not to ingore any food group, the key is balance.
The key to what?

Surely all this depends on your goals?
Millsy dont argue with paul. He knows what he is talking about.

Wink
paul_richards said:
I said you'd be lucky to put 1Ib on in a month. Lets say you put 2Ib on this still isnt that much visually. Anymore than that and IMO you'd have be having a bit "SAUCE" on your chips.

Glycogen makes a massive difference. I was ill over Xmas, lost 2.5KG, looked small, felt weak. 3 weeks later, eating properly, training hard, back on the creatine and I have gained all the weight back. I look much bigger, leaner and am loads stronger than 3 weeks ago. How much muscle have I gained, IMO almost nothing.

Creatine can gain you several pounds in water, carb up and you'll gain several pounds too.

With regards to carbs and micros. I think this steamed from me talking about protein and someone asking if I neglected carbs. My answer is not to ingore any food group, the key is balance.

just remember Simple carbs + fat = slow release carbs. and u get healthy fats
along with something that is tasty, i recomend pizza and chinese
paul_richards said:

I think this is a response to my post. I'm familiar with the effects of glycogen storage on appearance, strength etc. What I question is whether an increased protein intake can supply that glycogen. During my time on high protein, my carb intake, if anything, dropped overall. Only my protein intake increased. So in order for your argument to work, glycogen would need to be manufactured from protein. Is this feasible (via gluconeogenesis, maybe)? I don't know.

Short of using some sophisticated equipment, I can't see how it's possible to ascertain whether an increase in mass is due to lean tissue, glycogen, water or magic pixie dust. How can you know that your own increase in mass WASN'T due to regained muscle mass?

To say that it's unlikely that someone can naturally gain more than 1lb in three weeks - your original claim - seems an arbitrary figure. I would be surprised if that is supported by evidence. To me, a gain of 0.33 pounds a week for a 220 pound man doesn't seem very much.

All interesting stuff.
12-24Ib a year of lean mass does sound pretty good to me. Generally the more seasoned you are the harder it is to gain in strength and size.
low carb strength athletes? Must be quite a minority, maybe a remnand of the corruptive effect of bodybuilding...

My scientific opinion based on peer reviewed double blind surfing the net is that the most common strength athlete diet is the high protein, high carb and high fat diet.
paul_richards said:
12-24Ib a year of lean mass does sound pretty good to me. Generally the more seasoned you are the harder it is to gain in strength and size.

Agreed to both parts. I'm sure the increase wouldn't have been sustained indefinitely.
Joni said:
My scientific opinion based on peer reviewed double blind surfing the net is that the most common strength athlete diet is the high protein, high carb and high fat diet.

aka The Carl Diet.
Rob said:
Everything doesn't have to be science, what happened to the wonderful virtues of experience and opinion.

f**king hell Rob let me sit down. Please tell me TOKAR told you to write that
Grin
paul_richards said:
Generally the more seasoned you are the harder it is to gain in strength and size.

(Someone is bound to ask this sooner or later) Without sounding like a flamer Paul, you have a 90K bench a 150 squat, your not full mid heavy and you're trying to pass yourself off as a seasoned strength and size trainer?

Are you surprised people arnt taking you seriously?
CHESTER
Joni said:
low carb strength athletes? Must be quite a minority

Dale Norris is on a low carb diet at the moment

Confused
CHESTER said:

Confused

Seemingly, so is Michelle McManus
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3711/michelle1nl6.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7316/michelle2ty7.jpg
CHESTER said:
Joni said:
low carb strength athletes? Must be quite a minority

Confused

This is a basic day for me at the moment -

meal 1 - 250g(uncooked weights) of extra lean beef mince(this gives me about 60-65g of protein) and 250g(cooked weight) of basmati or brown rice(which gives me roughly 70g of carbs).

meal 2 - Thea same as above

meal3 - 250g(unccoked weight) extra lean beef mince - 250-300g of broccali(cant spell it pmsl)

meal 4 - same as above

meal 5 - 450g of cottage cheese with prawns

On training days my first meal of the day before training is 450g of cottage cheese and pinapple and about 100g of porridge(uncooked weight)!

PWO Ill have 60g of malto dextrin and a metrex meal

and instead of rice for my first meal after training Ill have potatoes with my mince - roughly 400g of new potatoes!

I also have a higher carb day(just 1-2 extra meals with carbs in) and a cheat meal on a saturday!

thats his current diet

You are here: HomeForumNutritionProtein Intake on an average day
Return to top View Desktop Site