REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 324 guests

Lancashire 'Strongman Champions' Sun 21st Feb 11-3pm

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Competition database entry found for this thread: Lancashire Strongman Champions (21-02-2010)

12345678910 ... ... 1617181920212223242526

BigTIcon...22-02-2010 @ 10:06 
Red Bull is banned in netball
Member 799, 1484 posts
Here is my take on the day:

First off, what a great contest. Really enjoyed meeting some great new (to me) guys and the crowd was AWESOME! Well run and organised show. Well done to Denny and Mark and the crew. Big thanks to Ken for keeping us right on who was up next. Really glad we didn't turn round and give up trying to get there in the snow, although passing cars on their roof or stuffed into trees did give me pause to think if it was worth the risk; it was!

I was very impressed with some of the performances. Jack continues to improve at a pace, his overhead especially. Colin Jones, who I was lucky enough to go head to head with twice, was great. He pushed me hard, beating me in the sandbags and getting a huge roar from the crowd. Got you back on the stones mate, just! Wayne Smith, a new lad who was on fire in the first event, but had bad luck on the last two, really impressed me. Hope you get somewhere to train events with other folk soon mate A lot of positives to take from your performance mate.

Great to meet up with the guys I already knew too, as well as testing myself against the big lads. Strangely, I really enjoyed brutalising myself on the deadlift against Dean. Tried to keep the same rhythm as him, which is probably why I was seeing stars at the end!

I was stunned with my 3rd place finish. Had not been really following the scores as I was too busy talking with the great bunch of lads I had the pleasure of meeting and competing against. I must have looked like a total plum going up for 3rd, as I genuinely thought they had missed my name out! Doh!

Really happy with how it went, still a bit stunned, quite sore and tired. Thanks again to everyone involved.

Tom
WILLSANIcon...22-02-2010 @ 10:09 
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16707 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
great performance tom. you ARE one of the big boys now! Wink
GYMWARRIOR123Icon...22-02-2010 @ 10:37 
England's most powerful man 2012
Member 523, 534 posts
SQ 300, BP 222.5, DL 340
862.5 kgs @ 150kgs UnEq
It was great to meet you Tom and thank you for the comments,I was very impressed with your performance mate raw talent well done.
Thanx to all the organiser Mr and Mrs Felix and Mick Gosling.
Also nice too meet some of the stars !!

Wayne Smith.
JoniIcon...22-02-2010 @ 10:47 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
T - WTF! 3rd place - thats awesome mate Cool
colinjIcon...22-02-2010 @ 11:56 
the one with a meathead gym in Burnley
Member 420, 209 posts
Post Edited: 22.02.2010 @ 11:56 AM by colinj
I had a really good day too and as mentioned the atmoshphere was great. not sure of any of my individual results but i came 4th overall and shocked myself. As Big T said we had a very good battle and am very looking forward to seeing you again in May. Hopefully a break down of points will be up soon as im looking forward to seeing them. Thanks to Mark and Denny for a great day and nice to meet a few of the guys, by the way i was the guy with the 'gay' mohican!!
robocopIcon...22-02-2010 @ 11:56 
Commentators say: he benches like a bodybuilder
Member 231, 1873 posts
SQ 400, BP 275, DL 365
1040.0 kgs @ 135.7kgs Eq
here is my thoughts on the day i am in the shop it quiet so thought i would add something to the thread

first
-awesome meeting some top sugden guys thanks to iceman for a shot of his tacky

-blagged some wd40 also so thanks to whos that was cheers

-trying to explain to kingham who goose was and how he was his long lost brother was fun

-thats twice i have met mick ashurst and still not had a chance to get a propper chat cause he is always grafting

-martin joes is getting bulky 20 stone of welsh beef

-tom reminded me of Mall Kay

-first time i have met wayne tusnstal propper nice guy

-first time i have had a chat to dean slater good banter

-mick gossling is a very good reff

-les was great as MC now that he had a fully working mike

-JT's stones are the bo***cks

-ken was a waste of space guy is a retard

-no JC !!

i had a great time and a good workout before arnolds
first event
came out for sack race with eventual winner gary so i had a good pacer i had a play with sacks before it started and i noticed that the first two where piss easy but the 3rd was wet and difficult to handle so i did a coulpe of sets just picking up the 3 sacks one after the other and this really helped
was about mid table comming out so i was able to watch what was a good time and to learn from others mistakes
decided to just pace myself and make sure i did not make any mistakes
gary was ahead of me first sack and second i think i caught him up a little in third saw him load the third as i was ruinning in with mine i had a feeling that this would be his event so to only finish a couple of sec behind was good
think i finished 3rd in this
my achillies started to flair up after this but was not too bad felt it was ok prob just me being over protective of it

second event
thought it was log but was deadlift so got the finger out and stuck on the old suit noticed that the barbells where smoothe and i felt that this was gonna effect grip
did not really warm up to good as we onlt had 100k in athlete area so going from 100k to 270k was not the best conditions but thats comps for ya was not paying attention to running order and my name was called out ran to bar forgot my belt but was not to bothered as i pulled beltless at powerlifting comp couple of weeks ago and felt fine
started repping and hamstrings where tight not warmed up propperly so was slow off the floor even for me had to re-grip every lift also which was affecting my rythm but pulled a steady 6 reps should have got 1 or 2 more but was happy enough the real stars of this event was dean and jack double figures from both

third event
log and i wanted this to be my event
very narrow handles but nice enough i did like a set of 6 reps with 20k dumbells as my warm up so again poor show from me
i cant drive through my calve yet so cant really use legs propperly with log at the min so just had to strict press my reps lucky 110k is ok weight for me to do this
done 7 reps in 20 sec in training then burned out so wanted to pace myself a bit better first couple where slow as shoulder where not warmed up propper and i was getting used to log then found my grove and pressed out 9 wanted 12 but was good enough for the win good performances from martin jones dean garry and wyane all gave me a solid battle

so there i was leading at interval and felt great but achilies was playing up

forth event farmers
came out last with dean and f**ked this up big time
anyone who knows me well will tell you that farmers is a very good event for me but i spent so much effort trying not to over step on bad ankle i was ruinning like a retard and this threw me all off came round turn pretty fast was head to head with dean but kept banging frmers off legs and lossed grip about 5m from end and with so many guys having solid performances at this i lossed about 25 points
silly mistake prob should have went at own pace rather than try to hang with dean
but s**t happens

last event stones
now i had no chance of winning i just wanted to put some nice stones up and go home with all the positives from the day
one motioned the first 3 then got massive pain through hamstring calve and achillies nearly passed out took about 20 sec for pain to go away was holding onto stone wall shaking lie elvis in his prime got s**t together then put up 4th stone went for last one but was out of time shame cause i wanted to finish them and felt strong
went from 1st to 8th but still early days in the road back from injury had a great time and english strongman look to have a great future lots of top guys
so well done to you all
got like 10 days to prep for arnolds and yesterday was a great warm up so thanks again to denny and mark for putting time and effort in
ill be back with two legs soon enough
Ben_FIcon...22-02-2010 @ 12:01 
vegetarian with a big deadlift - who would have thought...
Member 340, 13300 posts
SQ 315, BP 190, DL 350
855.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Colin & Tom, both awesome performances - your head to head stones was great viewing!
JCIcon...22-02-2010 @ 12:02 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
Sounds like a solid performance, which would no doubt have see you in the top few but for the calf?

I couldn't make it mate unfortunately. Plus I was nursing a monster hangover

Sounds like I missed a great show
MarkCleggIcon...22-02-2010 @ 12:06 
knock knock !! who's there ?? OLD SCHOOL SUGDEN
Member 212, 11439 posts
SQ 325, BP 212.5, DL 370
907.5 kgs @ 100kgs UnEq
Well done everybody .. !
ry87ukIcon...22-02-2010 @ 12:45 
has a shit deadlift lockout
Member 696, 379 posts
SQ 240, BP 155, DL 265
660.0 kgs @ 115kgs UnEq
colinj said: by the way i was the guy with the 'gay' mohican!!

i thought it looked pretty good, i was sporting a 2 week old 'outgrown' version
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...22-02-2010 @ 13:19 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22063 posts
Well done to everybody!
BigTIcon...22-02-2010 @ 15:26 
Red Bull is banned in netball
Member 799, 1484 posts
Joni said:T - WTF! 3rd place - thats awesome mate Cool

Cheers mate. Belive me, no one is more suprised than me. I put 120% into every event and I am f**ked today, but I didn't expect 3rd. Very happy, if not a tad nervous now about the NEC show!
JCIcon...22-02-2010 @ 15:38 
technical retard
Member 172, 36827 posts
SQ 310, BP 205, DL 335
850.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq
BigT said:
Cheers mate. Belive me, no one is more suprised than me. I put 120% into every event and I am f**ked today, but I didn't expect 3rd. Very happy, if not a tad nervous now about the NEC show!

Time to stop fannying around with the Barnards Intermediates and nail big open comps only mate!
bignige1986IconInjury22-02-2010 @ 16:40 
Taleban says his views on women are extreme
Member 639, 3518 posts
SQ 10, BP 10, DL 10
30.0 kgs @ 10kgs Eq
Well...... Been the docs i have muscle tears in my lower biceps and reckns ive stretched my tendons so not too good! Buuuut loooooadsa diclofenic yayyyyyy ha
Martin_JonesIcon...22-02-2010 @ 16:56 
Member 566, 813 posts
SQ 280, BP 175, DL 340
795.0 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
JC said:
Niall, to finish a place behind Martin, is quality. Must have been a ghood performance

Not really good to gauge his performance on me mate. Not that he didn't perform well, I thought a lot of people perform very well and will go far.

Unfortunately I had a s**t day. Nothing went right and most of all my head was f**ked. Can't wait to get back to training and sort things out.

It was a nice suprised to see the comp finished on time, must be a first for me.

12345678910 ... ... 1617181920212223242526

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions