Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

12345678910 ... ... 4142434445464748495051

CuddlesIcon...11-01-2016 @ 21:39 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
I'm guessing it's every minute on the minute?

How you find the edge 1000? Pretty jealous of that.

Good luck with the goals mate x
little_aIcon...11-01-2016 @ 21:48 
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14374 posts
EDCLARKE said:EMOM ? cant work out what it stands for?

how do you enjoy your training now Andy compared to when you were lifting at Adlington?
Its very different, going from lifting with a big group of friends to mostly solitary training with a big lump of cardio thrown in.

Every Minute On the Minute. I believe it's a crossfit concept that I like. Do a snatch (or anything else, reps if you fancy) on the ring of my app, and do another a minute later on the next ring...

I've lifted in a good few gyms where there was a good cross section and work ethics across the trainers, West Wythenshawe, Olympus, Forum, before I found Adlington and to be honest they were all good. They didn't have Alan, but they did all have characters running them. I trained with a few of the lads like Jeff, Pete, Felix and maybe a few more, again before Adders. The thing that made Adlington special was the timing in it's popularity with the rise in training forums and definitely the advent of Sugden. The thing with me is I've always been a bit of a free spirit and liked to move about places. If I find the atmosphere conducive to grafting I'll go back. If not I'll move on. Gyms go through phases like this. Empires rise and fall. Also, I've never minded training by myself and at times prefer it. I think the reason I enjoy things like running and cycling is because of the solitude without having to answer to anyone. I certainly don't miss competitions. I even feel the need to moan at a parkrun and they're about as easy going as it gets.Angry
little_aIcon...11-01-2016 @ 21:55 
Member 43, 14374 posts
Cuddles said:How you find the edge 1000? Pretty jealous of that.

Love it so much I got it at Christmas, and bought a forerunner a few days later. Really impressed with Garmin.

Bad news is I struggle seeing the display, or rather what it says. So much so I popped into the opticians yesterday to book an eye test. She reckons I need varifocals FFS. Proper biddie bins. I start getting fit at the same time I start falling apartUnhappy
WiganIcon...11-01-2016 @ 22:27 
a cynical old scrote
Member 68, 6833 posts
SQ 255, BP 132.5, DL 250
637.5 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
little_a said:Good lad Andreas. He has a BA in Archaeology, so he'll used to dealing with old farts like you.

Not long till you're 50 now. We doing anything?

Nothing planned for the 50th, but potentially open to suggestions

little_a said: Is Pete 60 yet? Has he owt planned?

He's 60 very soon, not heard about any plans though
little_aIcon...12-01-2016 @ 08:06 
Member 43, 14374 posts
Wigan said:Nothing planned for the 50th, but potentially open to suggestions
I'm on it.
Wigan said:
He's 60 very soon, not heard about any plans though
I'm on it.

Woke up this morning with two initial thoughts.
Forgot to log my cheeky 90 & 100 snatches last night.
I'm getting forgetful.
EDCLARKEIcon...12-01-2016 @ 09:02 
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 10977 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
little_a said:
Every Minute On the Minute. I believe it's a crossfit concept that I like. Do a snatch (or anything else, reps if you fancy) on the ring of my app, and do another a minute later on the next ring...
I've lifted in a good few gyms where there was a good cross section and work ethics across the trainers, West Wythenshawe, Olympus, Forum, before I found Adlington and to be honest they were all good. They didn't have Alan, but they did all have characters running them. I trained with a few of the lads like Jeff, Pete, Felix and maybe a few more, again before Adders. The thing that made Adlington special was the timing in it's popularity with the rise in training forums and definitely the advent of Sugden. The thing with me is I've always been a bit of a free spirit and liked to move about places. If I find the atmosphere conducive to grafting I'll go back. If not I'll move on. Gyms go through phases like this. Empires rise and fall. Also, I've never minded training by myself and at times prefer it. I think the reason I enjoy things like running and cycling is because of the solitude without having to answer to anyone. I certainly don't miss competitions. I even feel the need to moan at a parkrun and they're about as easy going as it gets.Angry

Thanks it was baffling me.

I wondered if you found it more difficult to motivate yourself now you're training on your own , having for the most part trained on my own since I started I always imagined getting up for training would be easier as part of a group.
I'll have to check out these park runs as they sound like more fun than running whilst dragging a disinterested dog behind me.
little_aIcon...12-01-2016 @ 11:02 
Member 43, 14374 posts
Park runs are ace Ed. There's bound to be one quite close to you.

Personally I think motivation comes from reason. If you don't have a reason to do something then don't. Either do something else or find a reason to keep doing it. Also, too many people are scared to walk away from this stuff IMO, in the belief that they can't come back to it when they want to.
little_aIcon...12-01-2016 @ 20:12 
Member 43, 14374 posts
Press
40 5,5,5
50 3
60 3
70 3
80 3,3
70 3,3

Bag
10 x 2 min rounds
little_aIcon...13-01-2016 @ 20:07 
Member 43, 14374 posts
2 x 10 mile cycle

4k run 26.40
little_aIcon...14-01-2016 @ 08:02 
Member 43, 14374 posts
Bottled out of cycling this morning, which is already winding me up Angry

Bwt 190lb first thing. I set my stall out to hit my bwt dependent goalz on being 85k, so it's all coming together.
BoarIcon...14-01-2016 @ 08:34 
Walk your talk
Member 5, 25555 posts
Administrator
I cant bottle out of cycling to work but to be fair, you have much further to go , so you cant blame yourself for being crumbling under the pressure of the horrible cold v's the welcoming car Grin

doing great work of late Andy , the garmin shizzle works SO WELL with strava that if you don't have it yet , please get it !!!
little_aIcon...14-01-2016 @ 09:42 
Member 43, 14374 posts
Boar said:doing great work of late Andy , the garmin shizzle works SO WELL with strava that if you don't have it yet , please get it !!!

Thanks Jon. Appreciate it. I'll try and look into Strava today. Love the way Garmin Connect links straight through to myfitnesspal. All I have to do is walk within a set up wifi connection and it all updates automatically. Awesome stuff.

Still cheesed off at missing me ride, but I'll take advantage of having fresh legs later and work in a weights session.
SteveIcon...14-01-2016 @ 10:10 
nothing to hide, please follow my life on webcam
Member 255, 3732 posts
little_a said:
Thanks Jon. Appreciate it. I'll try and look into Strava today. Love the way Garmin Connect links straight through to myfitnesspal. All I have to do is walk within a set up wifi connection and it all updates automatically. Awesome stuff.
Still cheesed off at missing me ride, but I'll take advantage of having fresh legs later and work in a weights session.

Garmin Connect also links to Strava so once set up it's all automatic
little_aIcon...14-01-2016 @ 10:53 
Member 43, 14374 posts
Strava set up and synced to both accounts. Just need to do something now so I can see what it's all about.
little_aIcon...14-01-2016 @ 21:04 
Member 43, 14374 posts
Weights sessions seem like hard work just now Unhappy

4k 25.24

Pretty made up with that. Felt like I had a bit of length in my stride Happy

Looking forward to lighter nights and a bit of speed work.

12345678910 ... ... 4142434445464748495051

You are here: HomeForumTraining Journals- 46 -
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions