Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitSaturated Fat

Saturated Fat

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

A while ago I remember reading a post on here that said that you should aim for no more than 1% of your calories from saturated fat. I remember bualking at the time.

This guy claerly doesn't agree with it either...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24625808
Power_nash
From that interview i get the impression that sugar is far more a contributor to heart problems than saturated fat, though drugs that reduce sarurated fat levels in the blood reduce the chance of heart attacks and strokes, so still confusing. lol
Steve
It's interesting to see the British Heart Foundation expert questioning this however can an organisation with a major corporate deal with Flora Pro Active still be trusted to give impartial advice on the effects of saturated fats?
Personally I aim for 40% of my calories from fat, 50% of those from saturated fat. (So 20% overall)

Could bang on about fat soluble micronutrients, saturated fat's role in the creation and repair of cells, energy systems and overall cholesterol and heart health but I think most people are fully aware that, even training aside, a BALANCED diet includes all aspects of natural foodstuffs.
Saturated Fat = Good!
http://www.businessinsider.com/13-nutrition-lies-that-made-the... this is a good article to read that touches on saturated fat, and has references to scientific studies, don't be afraid of saturated fat be worried about excess omega 6
NeilD
Post Edited: 23.10.2013 @ 14:14 PM by NeilD
As has been said the scaremongering over saturated fats has been all but dismissed except by our government Roll-Eyes

Personally when it comes to fats im more concerned about balancing omega6 : omega3.

Most people are deficient in omega3, especially DHA/EPA.

If anyone is extremely bored and has 7 mins to waste i did do a little vid on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oym4DAv83oA
I feel the rule of thirds works well - a third of your energy intake should be fat, a third of this is SF, another third mufas, another third pufas.
Life's too short to fuss over the nutritional content of every mouthful. I believe in listening to your body.... and mine's telling me constantly that it needs chocolate!
yesterday someone who I live with was baffled that I was frying chicken. he thought that people who do even lift shouldn't fry things
glen_danbury said:I feel the rule of thirds works well - a third of your energy intake should be fat, a third of this is SF, another third mufas, another third pufas.

Even thats too complicated;

Eat enough to maintain weight.
Eat less to loose it.
Eat more to gain.

I admit if your a pro bber these complicated equations may need even more refining.
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Life's too short to fuss over the nutritional content of every mouthful. I believe in listening to your body.... and mine's telling me constantly that it needs chocolate!

With respect, life's also too short to fuss about every kilo on a metal bar, yet here we all are..
dannyboy73
Must have been a narrow back
JackRevans said:yesterday someone who I live with was baffled that I was frying chicken. he thought that people who do even lift shouldn't fry things
IrishMarc
is delicious
JackRevans said:yesterday someone who I live with was baffled that I was frying chicken. he thought that people who do even lift shouldn't fry things

lol

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitSaturated Fat
Return to top View Desktop Site