Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitfarmers walk how often

farmers walk how often

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

How often do you farmers walk once a week every 2 weeks as im just starting to do it
depends if its a strength or a weakness for you. if its a natural strength every 2 weeks or even less. if its a weakness id do it weekly.
But if you havnt got it in a comp...what's the point? Happy
shanejer
i do it every week but with fatgripz that way its not very taxing on anything apart from grip
I only do it occasionally.
Post Edited: 02.10.2010 @ 01:03 AM by richiebevan
every other week alternating with yoke.
I try to get some farmers in every week many uses for them:

-max weight for distance
-max distance at a certain weight
-as part of a medley (farmers keg; loading; farmers keg sled etc etc)
I need to do them more but if you train your grip other ways i suppose you could get away with it mate !
bignige1986 said:I need to do them more but if you train your grip other ways i suppose you could get away with it mate !

theres alot more to farmers than a good grip imo. pickup, speed off the start, straight line speed, turns, drop turns can all be improved.
Was just about to say that Will.

I don't go "oh need to train grip, let do farmers" I see them more as a conditioning too ontop of trying to improve them as a single event. A lot of the time it isn't just farmers you see in a comp, it's part of some medley, and even just doing light medleys is going to aid conditioning.
richiebevan said:every other week alternating with yoke.

same as that for me
I would think farmers is one of the best all round exersises you can do ... im gonna be doing them every week over the winter
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitfarmers walk how often
Return to top View Desktop Site