REGISTER
 

belly or face dilemma of a 40 something

12345678910 ... ... 2526272829303132333435

EDCLARKEIconbelly or face dilemma of a 40 something05-01-2016 @ 20:56 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
new year new journal hopefully a new attitude to training.


am
30 minutes of yoga

pm
20 minute run

pin press 3" off chest 80k 5/5/5 2 sets normal grip 1 set close grip

paused squat to box 80kx5 90kx5 100kx5

wide grip chins 12

50 burpees

I hate burpees so they must be good for me.

goals for the year :

become more flexible
become more athletic
try not to get too weak
learn some kickboxing skills
BoarIcon...05-01-2016 @ 21:00 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
Post Edited: 05.01.2016 @ 21:01 PM by Boar
I can get my hands on loads of kickboxing instructional stuff and fights if you ever need some , although youtube does have about 200 hours of material uploaded every 3 seconds ...the world is f**king mental !

I have a good few yoga DVD's too , but im guessing you are a FRIGGIN TEACHER by now you bendy f**ker !!


have a blast ed, i'll be watching !!!
EDCLARKEIcon...05-01-2016 @ 21:36 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Boar said:I can get my hands on loads of kickboxing instructional stuff and fights if you ever need some , although youtube does have about 200 hours of material uploaded every 3 seconds ...the world is f**king mental !

I have a good few yoga DVD's too , but im guessing you are a FRIGGIN TEACHER by now you bendy f**ker !!


have a blast ed, i'll be watching !!!


thanks mate i may well call on you , for now I'm going to see how they teach it at the club before i watch too many vids . As far as the yoga goes i'm the least bendy man going but at least i'm a little more bendy than I was.

likewise buddy!
EDCLARKEIcon...05-01-2016 @ 21:49 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Boar said:I can get my hands on loads of kickboxing instructional stuff and fights if you ever need some , although youtube does have about 200 hours of material uploaded every 3 seconds ...the world is f**king mental !

I have a good few yoga DVD's too , but im guessing you are a FRIGGIN TEACHER by now you bendy f**ker !!


have a blast ed, i'll be watching !!!


thanks mate i may well call on you , for now I'm going to see how they teach it at the club before i watch too many vids . As far as the yoga goes i'm the least bendy man going but at least i'm a little more bendy than I was.

likewise buddy!
little_aIcon...05-01-2016 @ 21:49 
Avatar
still a devious weightlifting bastard
Member 43, 14379 posts
EDCLARKE said:
As far as the yoga goes i'm the least bendy man going but at least i'm a little more bendy than I was.


If you can keep saying that you'll be on the right track mate. Good luck with it all.

I think you could benefit from making your goalz SMART. If you don't hit them you'll know by how much, if you do you can make more, or better still be a smiley smug goal achieving bendy benderson till the end of the year and start again.
FinchIcon...06-01-2016 @ 12:19 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Hi Ed, I reckon this must be you 10th new log in the past 6 years!

Good luck with everything, really miss those dark and moody garden lifting vids you used to post back in the day before you had a car in your living room!

You really must pay us a visit some time.
RickIcon...06-01-2016 @ 12:44 
Avatar
I am a bench-only guy
Member 3, 10068 posts
SQ 185, BP 175, DL 235
595.0 kgs @ 140kgs UnEq
Administrator
I need to follow your path, o wise one.
Funky_monkeyIcon...06-01-2016 @ 12:49 
Avatar
403 forbidden message
Member 160, 5121 posts
SQ 190, BP 137.5, DL 225
552.5 kgs @ 86kgs UnEq
The first thing in your new log is Yoga. Grin
EDCLARKEIcon...06-01-2016 @ 16:35 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
little_a said:
If you can keep saying that you'll be on the right track mate. Good luck with it all.
I think you could benefit from making your goalz SMART. If you don't hit them you'll know by how much, if you do you can make more, or better still be a smiley smug goal achieving bendy benderson till the end of the year and start again.


cheers Andy , I have some more specific bendy goals but I didn't think they were worth posting
WILLSANIcon...06-01-2016 @ 16:56 
Avatar
Trump will get another four years
Member 126, 16708 posts
SQ 160, BP 110, DL 225
495.0 kgs @ 75kgs UnEq
good luck with your new goals ed! im sorry I couldnt provide another st.ives for you to compete in. Unhappy

is it american style kickboxing or thai boxing you are doing?
EDCLARKEIcon...06-01-2016 @ 17:07 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Finch said:Hi Ed, I reckon this must be you 10th new log in the past 6 years!

Good luck with everything, really miss those dark and moody garden lifting vids you used to post back in the day before you had a car in your living room!

You really must pay us a visit some time.


Hi Ian ,thanks mate i would do more vids if there was anything i'm doing worth videoing , (cant see too many takers for my downward facing dog) my eldest is interested in trying a powerlifting comp so i may be popping up with him so he can see how powerlifters train.
EDCLARKEIcon...06-01-2016 @ 17:09 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Rick said:I need to follow your path, o wise one.


I would highly recommend it Rick , I feel much better for it.
EDCLARKEIcon...06-01-2016 @ 17:09 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Funky_monkey said:The first thing in your new log is Yoga. Grin


i'm not even ashamedHappy
EDCLARKEIcon...06-01-2016 @ 17:14 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
WILLSAN said:good luck with your new goals ed! im sorry I couldnt provide another st.ives for you to compete in. Unhappy

is it american style kickboxing or thai boxing you are doing?


embarrassingly I dont actually know , I guess I'll find out tomorrow Happy

never mind about st Ives it was brilliant to take part in the 2 I did and nothing lasts forever. The first St ives I did is still the most enjoyable comp I have done.
IainKendrickIcon...06-01-2016 @ 18:25 
Avatar
some nice relaxing jazz.
Member 77, 12599 posts
SQ 265, BP 165, DL 280
710.0 kgs @ 93kgs UnEq
Kick boxing skills?

Easy go watch the film Kickboxer. You get kickboxing and dancing skills.

12345678910 ... ... 2526272829303132333435

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions