REGISTER
 

belly or face dilemma of a 40 something

12345678910 ... ... 2526272829303132333435

EDCLARKEIcon...01-07-2017 @ 17:00 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Finch said:Loving the way you are padding out these updates Ed.


here's another oneHappy

deadlift 100kx5 110kx5 120kx5/5/5 pink band 120kx3 130kx3
BoarIcon...01-07-2017 @ 19:36 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
hiding the real ned strength from me ???

how heavy are you at the mo ?
EDCLARKEIcon...01-07-2017 @ 23:01 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Boar said:hiding the real ned strength from me ???

how heavy are you at the mo ?


ha ha no im just easing back into the deadlifts building some volume and not jumping up the weights and breaking my old man back.

I am a fat 13 stone 9 which is 9 pounds lighter than I was when i started training again.
EDCLARKEIcon...02-07-2017 @ 21:23 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
bench press paused 82.5kx5 85kx5 87.5kx4 100mm board paused 95kx3/3
BoarIcon...03-07-2017 @ 18:30 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
top work on the weightloss nedward !

I am looking to get rid of pork that I accumulated when I 'went off' doing cardio , although I am nowhere near as horribly fat as you ......


kisses to your lower back
EDCLARKEIcon...03-07-2017 @ 20:01 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
no one is as horribly fat as me !

squat 60k 5/5/5
wide grip chins 10/10/10
chest supported rows 20k dumbells 10/10/10

kettlebell snatch 21k 10 each arm

stole the kettlebell snatches from Boars journal , thought i should do something that got the heart rate up these did the trick will build them up to 3 sets then try and add reps.
BoarIcon...03-07-2017 @ 20:09 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
Jolly good news on the kettlebell theft !!

as my poor old body gets used to working out more, the snatches (and heavy swings) should strengthen up all the little muscles that can get hurty whilst drawing the curtains , looking at a sexy teen , picking up a kinder surprise etc etc
EDCLARKEIcon...04-07-2017 @ 20:13 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
yes it feels like they are doing you good , whilst not feeling like they will knacker anything!

standing dumbell press 11.5kx10 21.5kx6 23.75kx6/6/6/6/6
EDCLARKEIcon...05-07-2017 @ 20:04 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
squats 60kx6 70kx6 80kx6 90kx6
wide grip chins 10 plus 10 rest pause
chest supported rows 23.75k dumbells x10 plus 10 rest pause

kettlebell snatch 21k 10/10/10

snatches felt much more comfortable than last time , now to add reps!
BoarIcon...05-07-2017 @ 20:14 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
21kg is a heck of a weird weight for a kettlebell !

With kettlebells I used to try and go for 20+ minutes with a 15 seconds on/15 off kinda thing , I might better these days just doing 'sets' mabie getting up to decent reps

good man nedward
EDCLARKEIcon...05-07-2017 @ 21:35 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
its a 16kg kettlebell with a 5kg disk taped to the bottom ,I think i'll probably stick with sets for now and hopefully build up to doing it for time.
BoarIcon...06-07-2017 @ 16:31 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
I have a nice 24kg one I am selling , I would send it down but it may cost £££ , not sure how these sellers make money on ebay offering free shipping !
EDCLARKEIcon...06-07-2017 @ 19:18 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
to be honest 21k is plenty heavy for me at the moment !

bench press 90kx8 100k to 75mm board x4 100k to 50mm board x3
feet up belt and wraps off 82.5k x5/5

felt tired and too hot tonight!
BoarIcon...06-07-2017 @ 19:34 
Avatar
Nothing left in the tank.
Member 5, 25597 posts
Administrator
felt tired and too hot tonight!


I felt the same Ed , but I had told the wife that I wanted spam, chips n beans for tea ...so I wanted to make sure I was super hungry !!
EDCLARKEIcon...06-07-2017 @ 23:18 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
spam chips and beans a marriage made in heaven!

12345678910 ... ... 2526272829303132333435

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions