REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 177 guests

World's strongest footballer

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

WiegieboardIcon...10-06-2013 @ 08:33 
as crimson as my last victims underclothing.....
Member 899, 11330 posts
SQ 180, BP 132.5, DL 190
502.5 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
I like playing football as a goalkeeper even though I don't play often at all.
I absolutely hate the sport though in terms of the hooliganism displayed by fans where I live and also the hooliganism displayed by many many of the players. I have a barmy at least every month with a football team in my facility. It's gotten quite nasty several times towards female staff and one of the younger lads. Good thing the majority of the hooligans are saft as s**te when singled out and not shouting from behind a crowd.
I f**king hate the cowards who play it to act hard in the middle of a group. The turn an otherwise fun sport into a disreputable row.

Back on topic, 180 is strong for a cardio based athlete. Very impressive if indeed it's true. On a side note, does anyone know how much Roberto Carlos could squat? I'd be interested in that number!
LuuuuuukeyIcon...10-06-2013 @ 11:49 
Hill sprints are fun!
Member 731, 3253 posts
SQ 200, BP 127.5, DL 232.5
560.0 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
There was a rumour that he was going to be joining my beloved Sc**thorpe United. Its yet to materialise though. Would love to see him hammering s**t League 2 defences in an Iron shirt!
MattD90Icon...10-06-2013 @ 12:23 
Skaven for the win !!
Member 2490, 3589 posts
SQ 180, BP 120, DL 230
530.0 kgs @ 82kgs UnEq
drew said:
fairly sure thats everyones favourite meal

LOL Grin
LewisgIcon...10-06-2013 @ 13:05 
Leeeeeewwissssss !!!
Member 1011, 1803 posts
SQ 250, BP 170, DL 312.5
732.5 kgs @ 95kgs UnEq
CCFC, Blooooobirds!!!
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...10-06-2013 @ 13:53 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22060 posts
MarkClegg said:
At least they play their sport !

You don't even do that - You bone idle sod !

Almost 30 comps from 2004 to 2012, with some pleasing performances along the way. No damage to my body done. Lots of awesome people met (including yourself). I got everything out of the sport that I wanted to, and much besides. I think I'm entitled to put my feet up now and encourage others Happy

Apologies for getting defensive Happy
Wayne_CowdreyIcon...10-06-2013 @ 13:58 
Still got a little bit of strength
Member 400, 22060 posts
Cuddles said:
Where is this violence exactly?

Fans fighting fans.

Players fighting players.

I believe there is even the odd example of players attacking fans... during matches Grin
CuddlesIcon...10-06-2013 @ 14:30 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
Fans fighting fans.
Players fighting players.
I believe there is even the odd example of players attacking fans... during matches Grin

Are all these things limited to just football? Or do you dislike pretty much every sport?

I watch a lot of football, and see very few fights between players. I watch a lot of rugby and see a lot of fights between players. Football seems to have the worst reputation though. Hell, I've seen fights at cricket matches, tennis matches, American football, basketball, teh list goes on.

I suspect it has very little to do with the individual sport, and a lot to do with human nature. Do you not like humans either?
davycummingsIcon...10-06-2013 @ 14:39 
he's got betty davis eyes
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Cuddles said:
Are all these things limited to just football? Or do you dislike pretty much every sport?
I watch a lot of football, and see very few fights between players. I watch a lot of rugby and see a lot of fights between players. Football seems to have the worst reputation though. Hell, I've seen fights at cricket matches, tennis matches, American football, basketball, teh list goes on.
I suspect it has very little to do with the individual sport, and a lot to do with human nature. Do you not like humans either?

I actually disagree mate, football does tend to bring out the worst in people.

On the pitch it is nothing more than handbags, and it would be a strech to even call most of it fighting, but the venomous tribal mentality brought out in everything that surrounds football is much worse than I have seen in any other sport.

I have been lucky enough to go to loads of different types of sporting events in many countries, and the only one sport that is always segregated is football. It does not seem to matter where, the football fans behave worse than the fans of other sports. Perhaps its a numbers thing, but I am not convinced, as I have been at events with huge sell out crowds in other sports, where they are not segregated and there is no problem.

Obviously even within football those that take things too far are a minority, but they are a sizable enough monority for it to be a problem that is in no way as visible in any other sport.
1369philIcon...10-06-2013 @ 14:51 
doesnt work hard enough in the gym
Member 1492, 2138 posts
SQ 170, BP 145, DL 195
510.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
davycummings said:
On the pitch it is nothing more than handbags, and it would be a strech to even call most of it fighting, but the venomous tribal mentality brought out in everything that surrounds football is much worse than I have seen in any other sport.
I have been lucky enough to go to loads of different types of sporting events in many countries, and the only one sport that is always segregated is football. It does not seem to matter where, the football fans behave worse than the fans of other sports. Perhaps its a numbers thing, but I am not convinced, as I have been at events with huge sell out crowds in other sports, where they are not segregated and there is no problem.
Obviously even within football those that take things too far are a minority, but they are a sizable enough monority for it to be a problem that is in no way as visible in any other sport.

Agreed - I love football and rugby, I would take my kids to rugby without thought - I would not consider taking my kids to see a football match (and you can drink whilst watching rugby)

Football has a history of violence and attracts people who want an outlet for violent abusive behaviour - the other sports where there have been problems are rare and almost always fuelled by loads of booze . It's not an "English disease" as it was once labelled and there are some thoroughly nice groups of fans (normally the lower league supporters who expect to lose)

I can see why people hate it ..... But when you're standing amongst 40,000 like minded people and your team scores .... It's a great feeling and an awesome noise - plus the rude songs are often very funny
CuddlesIcon...10-06-2013 @ 14:59 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
davycummings said:

I dont think you are disagreeing at all.

I was disagreeing that football is a sport full of violence. It is not. It is a sport that has violence attached to it's fans. Much of which has very little to do with football and more to do with gang culture that has affixed itself to the sport.

There is next to no violence on the football pitch. There is next to no violence between players and fans. There is however violence between fans. I believe it has more to do with our tribal need to feel a part of something and to belong than it has to do with football. There are plenty of behavioural psychologists that agree.
davycummingsIcon...10-06-2013 @ 15:02 
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
1369phil said:

I can see why people hate it ..... But when you're standing amongst 40,000 like minded people and your team scores .... It's a great feeling and an awesome noise - plus the rude songs are often very funny

These are the good parts, but they are not limited to football. SOme of the songs in Australian Rugby League were superb, and the guys were all sitting amongst each other, basically taking turns to stand up and sing down to each other over beers. The banter was excellent, no tension, no violence.

The noise and jumping around has been reduced with all seater stadiums imo, which are still used for a number of sports including football elsewhere. The most noise and mayhem I encountered was in the bleacher seating at a Baseball game in Japan, the home favourite player hit a home run against their arch rivals to effectively win a game, and I ended up 4 or 5 rows from where I started in the melee, before everyone politely helped each other bach to there they had left their cool boxes full of food and drink that they could take with them in to the stadium.

I would not go as far as to say i would not take my kids to a football match, I would just be selective about which. With other spoorts i dont feel like I would need to be
CuddlesIcon...10-06-2013 @ 15:05 
Eat.Cycle.Sleep.Win
Member 2, 12511 posts
SQ 190, BP 150, DL 280
620.0 kgs @ 99kgs UnEq
Administrator
In 2003 I was playing rugby for Blackheath against Harlow in a cults match. The match got called off after 10 minutes following a fight between our entire team and their entire taem and spectators. It happened after our prop punched one of their spectators when he called him 'a stupid f**king paki' (there had been at least 4 fights in the first 10 minutes).

This involved about 50 people brawling like htey meant it. If it had been a football match it would have made the news. It would have been 'typical football behaviour'. It wasn't, it was rugby and it was forgotten about the next day.

I'm a rugby man, I coach, I'm a qualified referee, I love it. But dont think that it's any different to football. It just has a lower concentration of c**ts and is a much smaller sport.
davycummingsIcon...10-06-2013 @ 15:06 
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Cuddles said:
I dont think you are disagreeing at all.
I was disagreeing that football is a sport full of violence. It is not. It is a sport that has violence attached to it's fans. Much of which has very little to do with football and more to do with gang culture that has affixed itself to the sport.
There is next to no violence on the football pitch. There is next to no violence between players and fans. There is however violence between fans. I believe it has more to do with our tribal need to feel a part of something and to belong than it has to do with football. There are plenty of behavioural psychologists that agree.

Perhaps we agree more than I thought Happy

There are of course instances of fan violence against players (attacking team busses etc) or in some places referees, but there are very rare in comparision to the fan to fan issues.

Your previous post made it sound like you thought football was no different in this respect to other sports, but the fan behaviour most certainly is more of a problem in football
davycummingsIcon...10-06-2013 @ 15:07 
Member 1684, 6001 posts
SQ 250, BP 186, DL 291
727.0 kgs @ 118kgs UnEq
Cuddles said:

I'm a rugby man, I coach, I'm a qualified referee, I love it. But dont think that it's any different to football. It just has a lower concentration of c**ts and is a much smaller sport.

Hmm, no. I was right before, we do disagree on this bit Grin
BenMacIcon...10-06-2013 @ 15:09 
'Looks like Ben Affleck according to Pagan'
Member 876, 2506 posts
SQ 220, BP 140, DL 260
620.0 kgs @ 110kgs UnEq
Considering the sheer numbers of people that go to football matches each week, the number of violent incidents is tiny.

Also, to suggest that lower league fans are "nicer" than supporters of big clubs is absolute nonsense. Indeed, due to lower levels of policing, cctv, coverage there is quite often more trouble at lower league grounds than anywhere else.

Due to its popularity and the money involved in the game, everything that happens is magnified. If one rugby player punches another they go and sit in a sin-bin for 10 minutes. If one footballer punches another he's banned for 6 games and there is a national debate about it.

© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions