Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitSquatting in knee wraps

Squatting in knee wraps

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Fazc said:Absolutely horrendous if you're squatting deep, they're not anywhere near as painful if you're squatting like a Tony.

Ha!
Post Edited: 28.06.2013 @ 12:01 PM by mikex101
JonA81 said:

Getting new stiff wraps on good & tight is a grip workout in itself!

Try doing it for 3 guys at a comp and having to wrap each of them for every lift and pre loading them too. I could barely hold my pizza after the 105 northerns.
JonA81 said:

Thanks man, you're a star! I'd no idea they had to go on THAT tight... im gonna have fun with squats tomorrow, hopefully a new pb with the wraps though!
I only very rarely wear them, and I tend to get about 10kg out of mine (fairly stiff wraps and I wrap them myself).

I wonder if I use them a little more often to get used to them, if I could get a little more out of them. But then they'd also soften a bit too.

How much do you guys usually get out of wraps?
What does he know
JonA81 said:

Metal Silvers are the worst for this!
SMed said:What does he know

Grin

Towards end of last year I managed to triple my squat PB (200kg) using wraps. I think something's definitely amiss there!
Rodger said:
Grin
Towards end of last year I managed to triple my squat PB (200kg) using wraps. I think something's definitely amiss there!

See that's roughly the same as me. For the most part, I can just about triple my PB-10kg without wraps. So with wraps, that's the same as PB+10kg.

I want to get about 15-20kg out of wraps, but I don't I'd be able to hit depth without getting out of the groove and f**king up.
Post Edited: 28.06.2013 @ 13:19 PM by Rodger
SMed said:
See that's roughly the same as me. For the most part, I can just about triple my PB-10kg without wraps. So with wraps, that's the same as PB+10kg.
I want to get about 15-20kg out of wraps, but I don't I'd be able to hit depth without getting out of the groove and f**king up.

3 weeks time difference

LeedsMiniPower
30KG difference between what i have squatted with and without wraps and i wear mine pretty slack
Joseph_Walton
James duff, 83kg GBPF Junior, is the most brutal man i've ever seen to put on wraps. Deformed the quads on a lifter, took about 3 weeks for it to return to it's normal shape. How you temporarily shorten someones muscle belly i don't know.
Saw this one guy put knee wraps on for a competition so tight, he literally got aids. He's dead now.
Fazc said:Saw this one guy put knee wraps on for a competition so tight, he literally got aids. He's dead now.

I guess you could say....

the wraps gave him quite a lot of......assistance....errr......aid.....aids.....ASS-istance.....anal rape aids f**k OFF.
Lifting in equipment is seriously odd - knee wraps included - deform yourself for a few kilos on a lift that no-one cares about - good thinking

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitSquatting in knee wraps
Return to top View Desktop Site