REGISTER
 

Long Term Target 2

12345678910 ... ... 5152535455565758596061

EDCLARKEIcon...26-09-2007 @ 20:47 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
nice benching Finch ,all the best to Kevin for the world masters,are you going to support!
FinchIcon...26-09-2007 @ 23:49 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
The 117.5 felt easy. I'll have the PB before long.

Good to hear from you Ed, how's the injury?
badboy007Icon...27-09-2007 @ 01:03 
Dirty little devil
Member 138, 356 posts
How did you get so heavy? awesome!

Finch mate, did you go to Uni? Where?

Sometimes wish I was back up in Manchester, miss training with the lads up there tbh.
FinchIcon...27-09-2007 @ 09:16 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Me Uni?
I went to a very well respected grammar school where all pupils were expected to take "A" levels and go on to uni. For reasons that I will not go in to, they kicked me out at 16. That was back in 74. My kids however have been to Lincoln, UCN and Bedford.
EDCLARKEIcon...27-09-2007 @ 09:31 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
Originally posted by Finch...
The 117.5 felt easy. I'll have the PB before long.

Good to hear from you Ed, how's the injury?


tentatively going to start training this week but very very light, apparently I need to build up the tendon and ligament strength around the shoulder joint ,but very slowly
so looking forward to filling my log with 40k benchpresses and 60k squats!
badboy007Icon...27-09-2007 @ 11:10 
Dirty little devil
Member 138, 356 posts
...how did you get so heavy though mate lol.
FinchIcon...27-09-2007 @ 12:14 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Originally posted by badboy007...
...how did you get so heavy though mate lol.


I guess I'm just unlucky.
I work in sales and over the past 25 years have spent many, many nights entertaing customers. On top of this I drive around 1,000 miles a week and every time I filled the car I would also top up with Mars bars and coke.

I was a 125 kilo fat bas***d when my doctor told me that I was diabetic and about to die unless I lost weight (3-4 years ago). That is when I started power lifting and trying to lose weight. My aim is to get below 110 kilos but my lifestyle and my very weak willpower were food is concerned makes dieting dificult.
FinchIcon...27-09-2007 @ 12:19 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Originally posted by EDCLARKE...
all the best to Kevin for the world masters,are you going to support!


Ed,
I would love to be going to Ostrava with Kevin as he is travelling on his own next week. However I do not have any holiday from work left, I have already taken 6 days of next years vacation to cover my next holiday at the end of October.

Coming back from an injury with light work is reccomended. It is better to do this than start to heavy and aggrivate the injuries again. Keep us informed via your log.
FinchIcon...28-09-2007 @ 19:34 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Friday 28th.
The Farm is getting to be like a ghost town on a Friday, just me, Kevin, Little Pete and Larry to start with, then Gordon came in later. Weighed in at 117.5 kilos, a little better than on Wednesday. Squatting with Kevin. Benching with Kevin and Little Pete.

Squat
5 x 70
5 x 110
3 x 135
2 x 155
1 x 165
1 x 175
5 x 190 6" stand ups
5 x 200 6" stand ups
5 x 210 6" stand ups
Really pleased with this, everything was good and deep although because I started to lean forward with the 175 it was probably just level. I've got the 165 and 175 on video but as I am not yet sure how to link them to the log you'll have to wait to see them.

Bench
3 x 10 x 35 wide / close / normal
10 x 60
5 x 80
5 x 90
2 x 5 x 100
3 x 100 close grip
5 x 90 close grip
10 x 80 close grip
2 x 6 x 70 close / wide
10 x 70 normal
My arms were really tight and sore after Wednesdays session so I kept tonight light and fast - no problems.

Kevin was having his last heavy session before next week's world masters, squatting up to 260 and benching to 165. My forecast - I reckon that lifts of 265/165/285 will win him the world title with 20 kilos to spare.
FinchIcon...01-10-2007 @ 18:25 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 01.10.2007 @ 22:21 PM
Monday 1st October.

Had a seriously heavy weekend, including the hottest vindaloo on saturday night that has ever passed through me. Consequently I was determined to eat healthy today. Visited a customer in N London this morning and was pleased to find the M1 suprisingly clear, consequently I got to my customer 45 minutes early and unfortunately they were next door to a Muckdonalds. I'll just have a coffee I thought, however the order for a large coffee with milk came out "double sausage and egg Muckmuffin meal please" I'm so weak. Therefore I was not too suprised to weigh in at 118.55 kilos tonight.

A good crowd in tonight, especially pleased to see Danny and Paul back although the 6 months that Danny has spent "away" has not done him good, he was a 180 raw bencher before last Xmas and today he had to fight for 120. That said, he weighs about 15 kilos less than before. Benching with Stuart, Mark, Danny, Paul, Larry and James. Dead Lifting with Stuart.

Bench
3 x 10 x 35 close / wide / normal
10 x 60
5 x 80
3 x 100
1 x 112.5
1 x 122.5 YES YES YES - PB and about bloody time
3 x 5 x 100
4 x 100 close grip
6 x 90 close grip
Got it at last and it felt easy. Really pleased with this session although I cut it short after the 90 close grip set as I felt something pull in my left shoulder, it does not feel to bad at the moment though.

Dead Lift
5 x 70
5 x 120
5 x 160
4 x 170
3 x 180
4 x 170
5 x 160
5 x 120
Really pleased with this session as well, everything came up okay and I resisted the temptation to deviate from my plan and go higher after the 180's. I might just go for a PB on Friday.

Ed,
I spent 3 weeks in China earlier this year and some old boy over there talked me into buying a bottlle of red flower oil, he told me that it would help cure all my aches, pains and injuries, it was only about 20p so I bought a bottle, what can I lose I thought. After I got back I found the bottle in my suitcase and started rubbing it into my bad shoulder. It is probably just coincidence, but within days it was feeling better and before long the pain had gone completely. You can get it off e-bay (see link) but it is a bit more than 20p / bottle.

looooong link!
EDCLARKEIcon...01-10-2007 @ 20:21 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
cheers for the link might as well give it a go !

180k x3 nice deadlifting mate! sumo is dead long live conventional!
RobIcon...01-10-2007 @ 22:22 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Nice session good benching!
FinchIcon...01-10-2007 @ 23:06 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Originally posted by Rob...
Nice session good benching!


Thanks No 1.
FinchIcon...03-10-2007 @ 23:26 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Wednesday 3rd.
Got to the gym late and everyone had gone home, so I trained on my own. With no spotters I kept the session light and fast.

Bench
3 x 10 x 35 wide / close / normal
10 x 60
10 x 70
10 x 80
5 x 90
3 x 3 x 100
2 x 10 x 80
My arms and shoulders were still sore from Monday nights workout so I kept it all light tonight. No problems.

Squat
5 x 70
5 x 110
5 x 150 box squats
3 x 160 box squats
2 x 170 box squats
1 x 180 box squat
5 x 150 box squats
5 x 130 full depth squats
No problems.
IcepickIcon...04-10-2007 @ 11:31 
Avatar
still a cock
Member 55, 1213 posts
SQ 50, BP 25, DL 55
130.0 kgs @ 0.1kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 04.10.2007 @ 11:31 AM
those are decent weights to be throwing about on the box. Are you relaxing onto the box or just touch and go style.

12345678910 ... ... 5152535455565758596061

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions