12345678910 ... ... 5152535455565758596061
| Lurkio | ... | 22-09-2009 @ 20:29 | |
as deep as his fat little body will allow Member 265, 4173 posts SQ 222.5, BP 142.5, DL 235600.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq | Post Edited: 22.09.2009 @ 20:30 PM by Lurkio Nice half squats Ian. Shame about the bench mate, but I reckon with plenty of rest in the final week, a bit jollop rubbed in on the day, and some comp adrenalin, you will do ok. | ||
| Finch | ... | 24-09-2009 @ 14:50 | |
Gonna outlive my opposition !! Member 123, 4038 posts SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq | Wednesday 23rd. Not a good night. Weighed in on my home scales at 112.2K, the scales at the gym have decided to retire from working. I felt really s**t, tired, washed out, etc, etc, etc. Plus I'm getting pains across my chest and the elbow is still bad. So the entire session was as follows: Deadlift. 5 x 70 5 x 90 5 x 120 5 x 140 5 x 160 2 x 175 Should have been 5x. 1 x 185 Should have been 5x. 1 x 120 Should have been 5x. Bench. Lots x 20 10 x 40 10 x 60 Went home, went to bed and slept for 10 hours. I'm still feeling s**t today so I'll skip the planned CV session at the poncy gym and see how I feel tomorrow. 16 days to the Brits. | ||
| Finch | ... | 26-09-2009 @ 12:13 | |
Gonna outlive my opposition !! Member 123, 4038 posts SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq | Friday 25th September. Weighed in at 113.5 kilos on my home scales as the gym scales appear to be dead forever. Squat. 5 x 70 5 x 90 5 x 110 3 x 130 2 x 150 1 x 165 1 x 160 1 x 140 Front Squats. 10 x 20 5 x 40 5 x 60 Bench. Lots x 20 5 x 60 1 x 80 1 x 100 5 x 10 x 50 5 x 5 x 60 5 x 70 5 x 80 Nothing good above and nothing like the session originally planned. At the moment I cannot squat properly due to the pain across my chest and I cannot deadlift for the same reason and I cannot bench because of the damaged elbow. A fine state just two weeks out from the competiton. So what do I do next? Do I go to the Brits and just make nominal lifts - I dont think so! Do I keep training through - Too painful. The plan. Sunday - CV at poncy gym. Monday - No weights just CV. Tuesday - Swimming. Wednesday - No weights just CV. Thursday - CV at poncy gym. Friday - Squat / Bench / Deadlift. All to max warm up weights. Saturday - CV at poncy gym. Sunday - CV at poncy gym. Monday - Squat / Bench / Deadlift. All to planned openers. Tuesday - Swimming. Wednesday - CV at poncy gym. Then nothing until the competition. Any thoughts / comments? Should I just pull out? | ||
| mikeyp | ... | 26-09-2009 @ 14:07 | |
bollocks to global warming Member 475, 1735 posts SQ 200, BP 125, DL 235560.0 kgs @ 115kgs UnEq | Sorry to hear about the injuries Finch. For what it's worth I think you should take a rest until your planned session next Friday. Just do some very easy bike for 10 - 15 mins or walking (just recovery stuff) then stretching until next Friday, you won't lose any strength and I think your body's screaming out for a bit of recovery time. Also maybe change next Friday to your openers session and Monday easy just to keep in the groove and give a bit longer recovery for the Comp. You may get other opinions but that's what I'd do. Good luck mate | ||
| EDCLARKE | ... | 26-09-2009 @ 17:52 | |
not particularly well educated Member 85, 11010 posts SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq | Take a week off ,go and get some physio, and then reasses ,i think you could stop training bench until the comp without loosing anything(might even do you some good) and it will give you an opportunity to really focus on the deadlift . if you go to the brits you should go for the best lifts you can so a major dose of painkillers prior to competing may help( may also make the injury worse). Best of luck with it mate being injured is a f**ker! | ||
| Lurkio | ... | 27-09-2009 @ 08:08 | |
as deep as his fat little body will allow Member 265, 4173 posts SQ 222.5, BP 142.5, DL 235600.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq | You have a Private Message Ian. | ||
| Finch | ... | 28-09-2009 @ 22:20 | |
Gonna outlive my opposition !! Member 123, 4038 posts SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq | Thanks for your comments guy's. No weights tonight, just 45 minutes on a cross trainer at the poncy gym. Can you belive this? I watched a guy load the bar (on the smith machine) up with all 160k of weight, he spent some time positioning his foam padding on the bar and making sure his gloves were on right, took 4 or 5 deep breaths, got under the bar, shouted/growled, stood up with the bar (about 2 inches), then put it back. He then sprung out from under the bar like some all conquering hero. WTF was that about? | ||
| Finch | ... | 30-09-2009 @ 22:35 | |
Gonna outlive my opposition !! Member 123, 4038 posts SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq | Tuesday 29th. 30 mins on cross trainer. 30 mins on running machine. 1/2 mile swim. At 7 PM i was actually "calorie negative" in other words I had burned off more calories at the gym than I had consumed all day. Then daughter No1 rang to say she was taking us out to dinner to celebrate her promotion at work. Oh Dear! Wednesday 30th. I couldnt stay away. Went to the Farm. Squatting with the Banker, Benching with Banker and Kevin, Deadlifts with Kevin. Weight 113.9 Kilos. Full Squat. 5 x 70 5 x 90 3 x 110 2 x 130 1 x 150 3 x 1 x 160 How weird is this? Unracking and squatting are not a problem, I only get the pain across my chest when I re-rack the bar and take the weight off my back. Bench. Lots x 20 10 x 40 5 x 60 3 x 80 1 x 90 3 x 1 x 100 All paused under command. Left elbow is as bad as ever, every lockout feels like somebody is jabbing the elbow with a needle. Deadlift. 5 x 70 5 x 90 3 x 110 2 x 150 1 x 165 3 x 1 x 180 The chest pain only kicks in when I put the bar down and let go of it. Very strange. Pleased to say that the chest pains are not as bad as last week. On the down side the elbow worse than ever. 10 days to go. | ||
| Finch | ... | 02-10-2009 @ 20:30 | |
Gonna outlive my opposition !! Member 123, 4038 posts SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq | Friday 2nd October. What a state to get into? After a good session on the cross trainer last night I was woken at 4 this morning with real bad pains in my right knee. Painkillers did little to help and I got to work this morning barely able to walk. Consequently I was not expecting much at the gym tonight, however the pain only really kicks in when I straighten my leg, so I thought that I would give tonight a go. I'm very pleased that I did, however I was full of Ibrupofen and covered in more cremes, embrocation and gunk than you can imagine. Am I turning into a serious hyperchondriac? Weighed in at 113.2 kilos. Hmmm, not sure if this good or bad. I'm still convinced that I'll weigh in next week lighter than both Lurkio and the Banker. who by the way pulled a nice 295 u/e deadlift tonight. Squat. 5 x 70 5 x 90 3 x 110 2 x 130 1 x 150 1 x 160 1 x 165 1 x 160 All good and deep, the chest/back pain was a lot less noticeable tonight, I was still very carefull when re-racking the bar though. Bench. Lots x 20 10 x 40 5 x 60 3 x 80 1 x 90 1 x 100 Full pause under command. 1 x 105 Full pause under command. 1 x 100 Full pause under command. The right elbow pain is as bad as ever. Deadlift. 5 x 70 5 x 90 3 x 110 2 x 150 1 x 170 1 x 190 1 x 185 1 x 180 No problems, the bar seemed to fly up. I resisted the temptatation to go higher and went home early having completed the full planned session and pleasantly suprised at how good the knee feels. 8 days to go! Six of us from the Farm are lifting next weekend Kev, Sean, Lurkio, Big Dave, The Banker and myself, whilst Petit Pierre is also coming down to give us all support. It should be a good night on the town for us all next Saturday, apart from Steve that is who has to lift on sunday. | ||
| Lurkio | ... | 03-10-2009 @ 09:59 | |
as deep as his fat little body will allow Member 265, 4173 posts SQ 222.5, BP 142.5, DL 235600.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq | Excellent going Ian. Good to see you more positive again. | ||
| Finch | ... | 05-10-2009 @ 20:07 | |
Gonna outlive my opposition !! Member 123, 4038 posts SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq | Monday 5th October. Last proper session tonight. Training with the Banker, both of us working singles up to our opening lifts at the weekend. Weighed in at 112.5 Kilos, coming down nicely. Squat. 5 x 70 5 x 90 3 x 110 2 x 130 1 x 150 1 x 160 1 x 170 The back/chest pain is still about but it is less of a problem now. Very pleased with the 170 which was purposely a lot deeper than it needed to be and came up a lot easier than I was expecting. Bench. Lots x 20 10 x 40 5 x 60 3 x 80 1 x 100 Paused under command. 2 x 1 x 110 Both paused under command. 1 x 100 I'm really not happy with my bench, the left elbow is as painful as ever, consequently I have not been able to complete a proper bench session for around 8 weeks and it is begining to show. I can only liken it to having bad toothache in your elbow!!!!! Deadlift. 5 x 70 5 x 90 3 x 110 1 x 150 1 x 180 1 x 200 1 x 180 No problems, the 200 flew up. I'll be going for a new deadlift PB on Saturday. Very pleased. Entire session over in about 1 hour. It looks like I'll be aiming for the following: SQUAT - 170 / 180 / 187.5 PB attempt. BENCH - 110 / 115 / 120 I'll be more than satisfied with the 115. DEADLIFT - 200 / 210 / 220 PB attempt. | ||
| Lurkio | ... | 05-10-2009 @ 20:36 | |
as deep as his fat little body will allow Member 265, 4173 posts SQ 222.5, BP 142.5, DL 235600.0 kgs @ 108kgs UnEq | Best of luck with it Ian. | ||
| EDCLARKE | ... | 05-10-2009 @ 20:53 | |
not particularly well educated Member 85, 11010 posts SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq | best of luck mate ,with all the trials and tribulations you've had in the build up you deserve a good day! 220k deadlift ripped off the floor like picking up the post! | ||
| Finch | ... | 06-10-2009 @ 20:00 | |
Gonna outlive my opposition !! Member 123, 4038 posts SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq | Cheers Ed, I'm feeling confident about the 220. Last CV session at the poncy gym tonight, 30 mins on cross trainer, 45 mins on running machine and 30 mins in the pool. Weight 111.9K. | ||
| marc | ... | 06-10-2009 @ 21:19 | |
Dancing queenfeel the beat from the tambourine Member 84, 2536 posts SQ 225, BP 177.5, DL 275677.5 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq | The best of luck for the weekend old bean. I will be there applauding your efforts. | ||
12345678910 ... ... 5152535455565758596061