REGISTER
 

Long Term Target 2

12345678910 ... 11 ... 5152535455565758596061

EDCLARKEIcon...10-12-2007 @ 21:12 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
pretty good work out mate considering you hadn't eaten all day ,food = fuel , commiserations on the miserable fail at 200 I know exactly how you feel!
FinchIcon...12-12-2007 @ 17:44 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Madness, Madness, They call it Madness.
Sorry, lyrics coming out all over the place tonight.

Wednesday 12th December.
Weighed in at 117.25 very good.

Got in early and had a quick session tonight. Now off to the NEC. Oh what fun we had, but did it really turn out bad. Sorry, can't help myself.

Squat
5 x 70
5 x 95
5 x 120
3 x 140
3 x 140
3 x 140
5 x 110
All good deep squats to my box 2" below level. Fast and hard work.

Bench
10 x 40 close grip
10 x 40 wide grip
10 x 40
10 x 60
5 x 10 x 80
10 x 80 close grip
Another quick session, 100 presses in total but nothing too heavy, that said towards the end the last couple in each set were tough.

DM's on, head shaved, FEZ nicely dusted down, if only I could still get into my tonic suit.

It must be love, love, love.
FinchIcon...13-12-2007 @ 14:19 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
2 hours of jigging up and down with a couple of thousand aging skinheads in front of the stage in the sauna like conditions of the NIA last night.
Great show.
Actually weighed 114.9 kilos this morning so I sweated off over 2 kilos.
On the down side, my knees are not working today and I am deaf in my right ear.
Cool Cool Cool
EDCLARKEIcon...14-12-2007 @ 06:57 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
sounds like a great aerobics session ,I think thats the lightest I've ever seen you post up!
FinchIcon...14-12-2007 @ 09:41 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Ed,
Your right, 114.9 is about as light as I have been recently, however my knees are still giving me agro and the ringing in my right ear has still not gone away.
By the time I get to the Farm tonight I'll be pleased if I am under 117.

How cool is this?
I'm in Salford on business this morning and I've just discovered that MuckDonalds give you free wireless access with your MuckMuffin. This is not good news for the diet. I wonder how long I can stretch this coffee out for? Shame really, I like Tesco's breakfasts but it will be MuckDonalds for the foreseeable future.
FinchIcon...14-12-2007 @ 22:50 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Friday 14th.
My knees are still buggered from Wednesday night, I've got a bad sore throat from all the singing and I'm still deaf in my right ear. What's more, the weight is back at 117.45 kilos. Still, I had a bloody good night out.

The Farm is closing for certain next Friday, so some of the guy's were taking the machines to bits today so that we can move them into various peoples garages over the next couple of weekends. All the boxing gear has gone, everything is down from the walls and the place is starting to look rather bare. Sad days, the Farm has been here for 14 years.

Benching and Dead Lifting on my own.

Bench
10 x 40 close grip
10 x 40 wide grip
10 x 40
10 x 60
5 x 80
5 x 90
3 x 100
3 x 102.5
3 x 105
3 x 107.5
2 x 110
1 x 112.5
1 x 115
1 x 117.5 failed at just 3" off chest
15 x 60 close grip
Dissapointed with the 117.5 and the benching all felt heavy tonight.

DeadLift
5 x 70
5 x 120
5 x 120
5 x 120
5 x 130
5 x 140
5 x 150
I was not intending to do much leg work tonight because the knees are still painfull, however the above all felt really light, the knees eased after the first set of 120's and it was all done without a belt. Arse cheeks hurt though - strange.

1 week left at the Farm, then what?????Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy
FinchIcon...15-12-2007 @ 14:17 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
A NEW HOME FOR THE FARM GYM

Check this place out

http://www.moulton.ac.uk/

This college is just 10 minutes from our existing location and they are keen to have us (but not all our kit).

Benefits would be that it is warm, it's got showers and resident physiotherapists!!!!!!!!!!!

If all goes well we could be training there from the begining of January. On the downside it will cost us £3 a time compared to the current £1.50.

New Club Name - "The Farm at Moulton College" ?????
EDCLARKEIcon...15-12-2007 @ 15:53 
Avatar
not particularly well educated
Member 85, 11010 posts
SQ 170, BP 130, DL 260
560.0 kgs @ 90kgs UnEq
great news mate ! dont suppose I'll be seeing you down at yardley gobion then!
FinchIcon...15-12-2007 @ 15:56 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
EDCLARKE said:
great news mate ! dont suppose I'll be seeing you down at yardley gobion then!


You never know.
We might get down over Xmas for a couple of sessions.
FinchIcon...17-12-2007 @ 17:16 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Monday 17th December.

Weighed in at 116.85, very good.

We spent most of the weekend clearing the machines out of the gym, all that is left now are the free weights. It looks really empty. Despite this a good crowd of 10 lifters turned out today.

I have currently got the most serious form of "MANFLU", so I did not do much tonight, just some light benching. I feel really sh*t.

Bench
10 x 40 close grip
10 x 40 wide grip
10 x 40
10 x 60
5 x 80
5 x 90
3 x 3 x 100

I can't see out of my eyes and my nose won't stop running so it will be an early night for me tonight.
FinchIconTHE NEW FARM GYM17-12-2007 @ 19:15 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Just found out the details about our move from the Farm.

Despite being oficially kicked out on Friday (21st), we will be allowed to train at the current venue until Friday 28th December. On Sunday 30th December we will be moving all the remaining free weights to Moulton College where we officially start on Monday 7th January. Training times will be 5PM to 7PM. The cost will be £3 per session. Some of us will go down to Yardley for a couple of sessions during the first week of January.

Apparently Moulton is an agricultural college so keeping the clubs name as THE FARM seems rather appropriate really.
FinchIcon...17-12-2007 @ 19:20 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Forgot to mention, Moulton College would be a perfect venue for holding competitions, it even has cheap on site accomodation which is available outside of term time, so we will certainly be organising a couple over the next 12 months.
JoniIcon...17-12-2007 @ 20:51 
Avatar
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
great to hear you are getting the place sorted!

hey, try to get some photos of the place when its done Grin or maybe even an article to the SB articles section about the place, that would be great.
RobIcon...17-12-2007 @ 21:20 
Avatar
Does f*ck all for SugdenBarbell.co.uk
Member 1, 7174 posts
SQ 182.5, BP 110, DL 205
497.5 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
Administrator
Nice one glad to hear you found somewhere!
FinchIcon...18-12-2007 @ 10:09 
Avatar
Gonna outlive my opposition !!
Member 123, 4038 posts
SQ 202.5, BP 135.0, DL 232.5
570.0 kgs @ 117kgs UnEq
Joni said:
hey, try to get some photos of the place when its done Grin or maybe even an article to the SB articles section about the place, that would be great.


Will do.

12345678910 ... 11 ... 5152535455565758596061

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions