Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHow long have you been training?

How long have you been training?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Started using my brothers 'Orbatron' plastic weights in my bedroom circa 1988. What I have achieved since then is nothing short of underwhelming...
terryhollands said:
i won the UK's in august 2005 and did my first wsm in october that year. i didn't get to do bsm that year as it was invite only and no one even knew who was. i made my first wsm final 18 months after starting strongman training

well done. (show off)

seriously though, I wonder if anyone has done so well with so little related training. It's nothing short of a little bit impressive! Grin

seriously again (more so this time)...f**king mega!!! Grin
PAGAN said:Started using my brothers 'Orbatron' plastic weights in my bedroom circa 1988. What I have achieved since then is nothing short of underwhelming...

me and you are great examples of where years and years of hard work can get you.
Cool
Pompy said:
what made you have a 9 year break?

well ..i decided to get a bit fitter so started running instead .. went to work on australia for a year ...came back and got married n had kids ..just wasnt interested in weights ... watches a tv show called fatfarm and decided to get back into shape ... and here we are !!
Boar said:
well ..i decided to get a bit fitter so started running instead .. went to work on australia for a year ...came back and got married n had kids ..just wasnt interested in weights ... watches a tv show called fatfarm and decided to get back into shape ... and here we are !!

don't worry, stick at it. You'll get there in the end mate. Grin
PeteHodgson said:
PAGAN said:Started using my brothers 'Orbatron' plastic weights in my bedroom circa 1988. What I have achieved since then is nothing short of underwhelming...

me and you are great examples of where years and years of hard work can get you.
Cool

Yes!to anyone starting out, if you drink enough lager and dont squat or deadlift for 20 years you too could look and lift like me...
Probably starting doing gay 'BB' stuff for rugby and drinking maximuscle shakes when i was 16 ish. Seem to recall doing lots of seated rows and 90kg deadlifts. Started training properly for strength about a year ago. Im 20 now.
Fannying about since about 14, boxed for a year or two mid 20s, then Mauy Thai- started strongman Novemberish last year at 28.
training about 5 years
Started training BB style this time last year at the age of 14, been doing Strongman since febuary this year at the age of 15. As you can see i'm a veteran of this game Roll-Eyes
Started BB about 4-5 years ago, been Strongman training for 5 months.
PeteHodgson said:
well done. (show off)
seriously though, I wonder if anyone has done so well with so little related training. It's nothing short of a little bit impressive! Grin
seriously again (more so this time)...f**king mega!!! Grin

i was just lucky
ive been training on and off for about 12 years without any real direction, started training for strongman in feb this year
minibig1
curls, pec dec and cardio since age 14, deadlifts and serious stuff since i was 15, so just under 2 years proper training.
7 years or maybe 8

But I don't realy count the first 3 years as I was just adding around and had no goals

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitHow long have you been training?
Return to top View Desktop Site