REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 330 guests
You are here: HomeForumben66 → View All Posts

View All Posts: ben66

12345678910 ... ... 310311312313314315316317318319320

» Ancestry tests (Go to post)21-03-2019 @ 10:36 
dannyboy73 said:What are you hiding me old cornish pasty?
As I understand it, these tests are data protected...

You'd think that- but it's already happened in the USA- with some of the biggest companies sharing their info with the FBI.

Willingly giving your DNA to be held on any database is never a good thing IMO- only a matter of time before it's moved on to some other use.
» one shoulder higher than other (Go to post)16-08-2018 @ 13:22 
is the higher shoulder the side you tend to sleep on? my right trap & pec are constantly tight because of this- I have to massage/roll them daily to keep on top of it- it does work though. Also might find the lat on the higher side is tight too.

I always migrate on to the same side when I sleep, regardless of what I try.....
» General benefits of training (Go to post)13-06-2018 @ 14:44 
Hmmmm - less likely to get dementia. Also stops me from murdering people, and generally keeps me happier!
» Rep pb... (Go to post)23-05-2018 @ 14:15 
Awesome! Just gave you a follow.
» Is eating healthy expensive? (Go to post)10-05-2018 @ 10:05 
IainKendrick said:
No oil, but otherwise similar I get +2000kcals a day for about £1

Perhaps I'm not as odd as I thought Grin

The oil is a more recent addition to up the calories without having to add more oats, plus I have very little fat in my diet, so thought it might be useful too.
» Is eating healthy expensive? (Go to post)09-05-2018 @ 09:31 
Four of my 5 meals a day consist of oats, whey and olive oil. Whilst I accept that this is far from normal- it's cheap and calorie dense.
» Blood Pressure (Go to post)04-04-2018 @ 17:34 
I've an approved monitor, and it jumps all over the shop. Generally it settles after a few attempts to a normal reading, first few readings seems to stress me, I cant relax.

Some of the initial readings would have me down as dead I'm pretty sure Grin
» Basic create your own weightgainer? (Go to post)02-04-2018 @ 14:30 
My go to is whey and powdered oats, I add dextrose to that post training. Add in a bit of olive oil if you want to bump the cals up.
» Sodium (Go to post)28-03-2018 @ 09:01 
Oxman said:
Not as bloated, acid reflux issues gone, appetite increased, better recovery, better training, just feel better in myself tbh.

I've recently upped sodium too- found exactly as you have- appetite particularly has gone through the roof, and 'pump' and performance in the gym is up. Recovery seem better, digestion and hydration are much better too. I'm pretty taken aback at the difference TBH.
» Palumboism (Go to post)27-03-2018 @ 10:41 
Post Edited: 27.03.2018 @ 10:46 AM by ben66
Lordosis, excessive food, GH & Insulin abuse, visceral fat, organ growth, poor core control- are all contributing factors.

Roelly Winklaar had a huge, terrible gut, but this year he fixed it, and looked like a complete monster. 1st place at the Arnold Australia
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_GeSq-edQ

It's not 100% gone, but it's under control- fixed by core control.

To add- All Dallas McCarvers organs were all pretty oversized, and he was getting a gut- I'd assume it's not reversible if organ growth is a cause.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)02-03-2018 @ 16:50 
Post Edited: 02.03.2018 @ 16:58 PM by ben66
PaulSavage said:
Becca is meaning with taller lifters, not short arses. When its 3-4" below the knee breaking the bar off even 1mm is more of less everything. Could link 20 videos showing lifters taking 3 seconds to start moving the bar then they end up with a full lift. Its just how the lift works.

Why not just finish the lift if it's so easy to do? Surely that'd be the best way to train it, I mean to actually do it?

Ah, I see the edit

PaulSavage said:

This being the case, the reason not to lockout is to put more focus on what's by far the hardest part of the lift. Isometrics from the height is also a great training method. The lockout can be worked by doing a lot of upper back, lat and glute work.

The lock out can be worked WAY BETTER, by doing.... the lock out. Breaking the bar will not teach you to generate power through out the movement, it'll just teach a stupid movement pattern where you're not used to pulling to lock out.

But whatever- perhaps you can do a full lift sometime, and prove me wrong.
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)02-03-2018 @ 16:39 
Most people fail 18" deads because they don't lift to lock out......

'breaking' the bar 2mm means f**k all! If it's so easy to lock out after 'breaking', why not just do it?
» Paul Savage training log (Go to post)02-03-2018 @ 16:27 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Does anyone else do 'breaks'?

Only Kit Kat
» Idiotic questions about getting leaner! (Go to post)02-03-2018 @ 11:55 
Post Edited: 02.03.2018 @ 11:56 AM by ben66
JackRevans said:
Thats very interesting to read. It obviously works very well for you! I much prefer fat to be a lot higher and the others lower but youre way more jacked than me. I think a lot of my preference is based on what food i like to eat though

My preference is carbs, but TBH, keeping protein relatively high and doing what ever with fat/carb ratio will have much the same result- calories are calories. There are added issues such as meal timing, frequency etc, but taken over a longer period, total calories and protein are the main things to be concerned about.

Everyone has their preferences, IMO just stick with what is easiest for you to stick with.

Nutrition can be as simple, or as complicated, as you wish to make it.
» Idiotic questions about getting leaner! (Go to post)01-03-2018 @ 14:56 
AdamT said:
Beast!
I have guys in my gym that have big size, but they don't have the hard dense look you have. Though things like squats, dead's and even pull ups are foreign to them!

Thanks, I'm no beast yet though, lots to do first..... I try not to get fat, or watery, plus lift fairly heavy, so it slowly adds up.

JackRevans said:
interesting!
300g protein is very high. Roughly how many g of fat do you have per day? also what is the highest/lowest your carbs will go?

Protein stays around the same, I could probably take it down somewhat, but it seems to be ok as it is- plus id have to make up the cal difference with something else anyway. Fat is usually 50-60g or less.

If I push hard on a cut, carbs can drop down to zero for a few days, and i'll basically run on protein/fat. However, if I run them consistently less than 50g for more than 5-6 days, I have a big refeed, pushing to get close to 1000+g.

Generally carbs sit around 5-600g a day depending on how greedy I am.

It works well for me.

12345678910 ... ... 310311312313314315316317318319320

You are here: HomeForumben66 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions