REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 54 guests
Powerlifting Advertising. Strongman Advertising.

DrD in pursuit of bench mastery

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

12345678910 ... ... 2122232425262728293031

DrDIcon...01-03-2016 @ 19:51 
Avatar
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Raw bench. Warmup felt rough but managed to get rack height perfect and get a proper belt to work eventually...

Raw bench
70*10
100*8
120*3
140*3
150*3
155*3
160*3 starting to feel good
165*3 pb good
170*2 pb good
177.5 *1 PB!! Happy
182.5*1 PB!!!!! Wow 400lbs
187.5*1 PBBBBBBBBB! !!! :O
192.5 f LOL

3 board narrow grip
170 3*3

Raw
120*10,10

Sod it.

In actual shock, huge PB. Not bad for an equipped lifter Wink
matthewvcIcon...02-03-2016 @ 10:59 
Avatar
my squad calls me TechnoJim
Member 5704, 2839 posts
SQ 280, BP 210, DL 320
810.0 kgs @ 96.3kgs UnEq
DrD said:Raw bench. Warmup felt rough but managed to get rack height perfect and get a proper belt to work eventually...

Raw bench
70*10
100*8
120*3
140*3
150*3
155*3
160*3 starting to feel good
165*3 pb good
170*2 pb good
177.5 *1 PB!! Happy
182.5*1 PB!!!!! Wow 400lbs
187.5*1 PBBBBBBBBB! !!! :O
192.5 f LOL

3 board narrow grip
170 3*3

Raw
120*10,10

Sod it.

In actual shock, huge PB. Not bad for an equipped lifter Wink


10kg PB after all those triples too is good going.
you must be good for 200kg raw if you tapered and did it competition mode (minimal warmups, psyching up, ammonia etc)
DrDIcon...02-03-2016 @ 11:54 
Avatar
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
matthewvc said:
10kg PB after all those triples too is good going.
you must be good for 200kg raw if you tapered and did it competition mode (minimal warmups, psyching up, ammonia etc)


Thanks mate - I was fairly psyched up and had a load of ammonia, but perhaps a little more there.

More focussed on equipped at the moment, but keeping some heavy raw work in and the extra tricep work is proving useful!! Feel far more confident about hitting 200kg this year now Grin
OxmanIcon...02-03-2016 @ 12:05 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 11067 posts
SQ 242.5, BP 192.5, DL 330
765.0 kgs @ 92.9kgs UnEq
As said on FB...immense!
AppetiteIcon...02-03-2016 @ 12:08 
Avatar
Let do this.
Member 3512, 2473 posts
SQ 200, BP 140, DL 252.5
592.5 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
Awesome mate.

What to you attribute the gains to mostly?
DrDIcon...02-03-2016 @ 12:19 
Avatar
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Oxman said:As said on FB...immense!


thanks mate, Still seems a bit unreal.
DrDIcon...02-03-2016 @ 12:23 
Avatar
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Appetite said:Awesome mate.

What to you attribute the gains to mostly?


Thanks Kit.

Loads of different things together to be honest - put some weight on, benching wider grip and a much bigger arch now upper back mobility is better and using a new setup, got a belt working to extra stability, and obviously loads of tricep work from 1 board all the way up hitting each stage of the lift - so can grind most things out if I get it 2-3" off the chest.

Also I was really fired up last night and very focussed. Every now and then i'll get a session where I feel ridiculously strong.

Due to the amount of overload work I'm doing in slingshot, boards and shirts, the weight feels easy to handle and brings a lot of confidence.
AppetiteIcon...02-03-2016 @ 12:30 
Avatar
Let do this.
Member 3512, 2473 posts
SQ 200, BP 140, DL 252.5
592.5 kgs @ 80kgs UnEq
by the way, do the YNE classic bench in Durham, do it, do it.
DrDIcon...02-03-2016 @ 12:43 
Avatar
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Appetite said:by the way, do the YNE classic bench in Durham, do it, do it.


When is it? Could do without tearing a pec close to bodypower
OxmanIcon...02-03-2016 @ 12:49 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 11067 posts
SQ 242.5, BP 192.5, DL 330
765.0 kgs @ 92.9kgs UnEq
You rate the board pressing for helping to grind a lift out then mate?
DrDIcon...02-03-2016 @ 12:53 
Avatar
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Oxman said:You rate the board pressing for helping to grind a lift out then mate?


Yes mate, I've done very little work from chest - but loads of different boards and lockout work. I think 1 and 2 rep board thickness has helped quite a lot.
OxmanIcon...02-03-2016 @ 13:05 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 11067 posts
SQ 242.5, BP 192.5, DL 330
765.0 kgs @ 92.9kgs UnEq
DrD said:
Yes mate, I've done very little work from chest - but loads of different boards and lockout work. I think 1 and 2 rep board thickness has helped quite a lot.


Cheers mate.
DrDIcon...02-03-2016 @ 13:08 
Avatar
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Oxman said:
Cheers mate.


Forgot to say, I use a slightly narrower grip for board work - move from middle finger on ring normal - to pinkies just inside rings on narrower for boards.
OxmanIcon...02-03-2016 @ 13:17 
Avatar
Likes tight rubber
Member 2981, 11067 posts
SQ 242.5, BP 192.5, DL 330
765.0 kgs @ 92.9kgs UnEq
DrD said:
Forgot to say, I use a slightly narrower grip for board work - move from middle finger on ring normal - to pinkies just inside rings on narrower for boards.


More focus on triceps yeah?
DrDIcon...02-03-2016 @ 13:33 
Avatar
#IStandByMillsy
Member 4287, 2614 posts
SQ 300, BP 310, DL 250
860.0 kgs @ 120kgs Eq
Oxman said:
More focus on triceps yeah?


Keep longer ROM and reduces chances of injuring chest - but still overloads shoulders, arms and core massively.

12345678910 ... ... 2122232425262728293031

© Sugden Barbell 2019 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions - Website by Devto