REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 397 guests
You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts

View All Posts: slimsim

12345678910 ... 384385386 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

» Gra_Bul - Trying to make the simplest of things look easier (Go to post)18-01-2012 @ 11:40 
Gra_Bul said:
ye contis with oly bar is good gets you used to the pause on the belt most people fluff the second part of lift so good to try it, I do cleans every now and then but struggle around 100 ish there not my favourite thing to do tbh I just enjoy the axle cleans

Cheers Gra,

I was wondering about the cleans with a bar to see if there was any direct crossover. I was hoping to jump straight into axle cleans with 140! norfolk and chance with that then!

I get some continentals in on the oly bars then. I've only tried about 3 reps. I stopped when I pinched my belly between the belt and bar. I hurt like a mutha!!

Unhappy
» Me first video of me snatch (Go to post)18-01-2012 @ 11:35 
very nice!

If you can follow in Mike's footsteps then there's going to be some tasty weights on the bar in a year or 2!

Happy
» How much of your daily protein do you get from shakes? (Go to post)18-01-2012 @ 10:17 
Post Edited: 18.01.2012 @ 10:21 AM by slimsim
VanillaGorilla said:About 150gr on a training day (out of 500-600)

500-600g....A DAY!!! Eek

Do you not think that is just a really expensive way of increasing your overall calorie intake?

EDIT:

Davycummings said:I do also generally have a protein bar or 2 each day, as people at work seem to be able to cope with that more so than shakes, which seems to trouble them to the point I may as well be snorting coke fomr my desk.

My mate heard a rumour at his old workplace that he was taking steds simply because he'd walk round with a protein shake in his hand!! Confused

Some people are plain dumb!
» Log Press (Go to post)18-01-2012 @ 10:00 
Well, I've only ever used a full size log one and I strict pressed, push pressed, power jerked and split jerked all in the same session! (all pretty badly too)

In future I'd try and develop the split jerk as I can shift significantly more weight on a bar that way so would expect it to transfer better, with practice
» How much of your daily protein do you get from shakes? (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 22:56 
James26 said:Im eating reletively clean and aiming for a minimum of 300g of protein per day and at the moment getting 150g from shakes.

Do you keep track? and if so what is your split?

0! I stopped drinking protein shakes when I gave up bodybuilding. Maintaining my weight at 90kg is a doddle and I currently only have 3-4 meals a day so I could easily incorporate a couple of solid meals before I needed to drink shakes (apart from for convenience) if I wanted to bulk up.

I probably only have around 120g/day from meat/dairy sources these days.
» Traing (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 17:41 
JamieG said:I feel like I've really missed out by not witnessing the original post

You need to be quicker. There was a 3-minute window of opportunity before it got edited!

Damn, you've got me thinking now about what was originally posted! Confused
» Powerball (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 17:33 
Boar said:they lose the fun factor very quickly !!

THIS......but it is fun to get such pumped forearms that you can't move them Grin
» Cars !! (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 17:30 
I concur with Rodger! Go for the Skoda Octavia, it's the same car as the Golf but with a different chassis and badge and you should be able to pick up models with like for like features for several £1000' less than a Golf
» 240kg clean and jerk (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 15:07 
Post Edited: 17.01.2012 @ 15:08 PM by slimsim
shaunclegg said:would i be wrong in saying that is David Bedzhanyan and 240 is a world record?

Does it count as a world record if it's not done in an international event? I seem to remember Salimi snatching 217kg in some Iranian games recently but that doesn't stand for that reason. I'm sure the video was posted on here somewhere.

Awesome (I'll repeat it cos 1 awesome doesn't justify it) awesome lift though!

EDIT: I need to type faster!!!
» Inspired Beginnings... (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 14:26 
Hi Ross,

Good luck with the training. I'm sure the PB's will come thick and fast now that you've got some other guys to help push you and check your form.

What are you intending to do with this new found strength, powerlifting, strongman etc.?
» weight stuck where it is, any ideas?? (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 13:44 
what about just whacking some calorie dense food in? All the foods you mentioned are fairly bulky in comparison to their caloric value. Try some nuts, replace lean meats with oily fish, protein drinks with olive oil in them.

Anything that's high fat, high protein (preferably low carb) should be easy to fit in, shouldn't fill you up too much to affect your other "normal" food stuffs and provided you don't mix the carb/fat foodstuffs shouldn't affect your body composition too badly.
» Loz in Ireland (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 13:12 
I wonder how guys like Loz, Terry, Rob etc. who do quite a few of these seminars fit them in with their training?

It's not like Loz was taking it easy on the deadlift, or even squat or dumbbell press so would he factor this into his overall training programme?

Excellent vid. It makes my mind boggle to see someone practically running with a yoke at 260! Eek
» Knee(s) coming in on squats (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 12:46 
MrSmall said:
Me in a room full of old ladies? game on!

Pervert!
» Knee(s) coming in on squats (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 12:41 
MrSmall said:not sure I get it, that's one approach I could take Confused
True dat, broseph, but I wanted to know what was weak in comparison to my QUADS OF DOOM that the likes of Bryce will never get to experience.

I feel like I'm ruining a good thread by giving a serious answer! Unhappy

I thought it was due to an imbalance between the adductors and abductors which causes the legs to cave in (the abductors being too weak). As well as possible simply a lack of focus on trying to keep the knees over the toes.

In terms of what you can do........Try a stretch and tone class Smalls, it'll be right up your street!!! Grin
» Wayne says..... (Go to post)17-01-2012 @ 09:05 
british_beef said:Mr Wayne, that Arthur lift could be a contender for the next BIG GAY BASH
Unhappy

Or the Arnold classic based on the events this year!

12345678910 ... 384385386 ... 394395396397398399400401402403404

You are here: HomeForumslimsim → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions