Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshittodays budget and protien powders

todays budget and protien powders

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Let Ron Paul take over the world and we will all live a happy, free, rich life! Happy
Rodger said:
Im guessting that was a sarcastic post anyway???

No, honestly was posted in all seriousness.
At the end of the day, with blood pressure sky high I really have to listen to my Doctor just now and go with her recommendations.
I guess we will know in 3 months when she does my blood again.
My values were only "on the limit", not ridiculous. Cholesterol was 5.7 but I live off Mackeral, Tuna, Pasta, Wholegrain seeded bread, whey, oats etc. I have no idea where cholesterol has come from in my diet. I'm not a drinker either so she laid the blame squarely at the door of Whey Protein, 4 shakes a day, 200g of Whey.
She simply said they are totally unnecessary in a healthy diet and do nothing but stress the liver to excrete so much protein.
Meanwhile tonight I am having a chest x ray to rule out an enlarged heart.
All good fun !
Dan, Im pretty sure your body makes its own cholesterol (something like 80% of it so its not how much of it you eat)
brownbear said:
all the pizza places (of which there are 5 within half a mile) have a standard of £3 for a 9", £5 for a 12" and £7 for a 14" except that place and one other who charge £2 for a 9", £3.49 for a 12" and $5 for a 16"
Yesterday i opted instead for fried chicken; 2 breast pieces, 1 thigh piece, 8 strips and a portion of fries and a drink £4.50

Fat c**t and you call me?????
JohnC
Dan said:
Cholesterol was 5.7 but I live off Mackeral, Tuna, Pasta, Wholegrain seeded bread, whey, oats etc. I have no idea where cholesterol has come from in my diet.

There's research about that suggests the increasing levels of cholesterol are caused by the amount of carbs people consume...

Google scholar will help you find it...

Regards, John
"VAT loopholes and anomalies to be removed - including removing exemptions for sports nutrition drinks and hot takeaway products in supermarkets."
JC said:
I had some elevated readings with my kidneys some 5-6 years ago,
I saw a consultant, and they asked me to knock the 3+ x protein shakes on the head for 3 months, come back, and see where we were at
I did, and my kidney function had returned to normal after 3 months
Whether that was coincidence or not, i suppose I'll never know (although I'm back on 3+ a day, so lets see how my kidney fucntion is in a few months....)

it wasn't your kidney function that was affected, your serum creatinine was affected.

Serum levels of creatinine are used in something called the AMRD equation to calculate what is called an EGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate), which is an estimate of how well your kidneys are filtering creatinine. However by their own recognition, it poorly estimates renal function in muscular individuals as creatinine is released by skeletal muscle tissue. It even takes in to account the fact that afro-carribeans are more muscular (1.21 x according to them on average) and that chinese people are less muscular (0.8-0.9x)
streak
Dan said:
No, honestly was posted in all seriousness.
At the end of the day, with blood pressure sky high I really have to listen to my Doctor just now and go with her recommendations.
I guess we will know in 3 months when she does my blood again.
My values were only "on the limit", not ridiculous. Cholesterol was 5.7 but I live off Mackeral, Tuna, Pasta, Wholegrain seeded bread, whey, oats etc. I have no idea where cholesterol has come from in my diet. I'm not a drinker either so she laid the blame squarely at the door of Whey Protein, 4 shakes a day, 200g of Whey.
She simply said they are totally unnecessary in a healthy diet and do nothing but stress the liver to excrete so much protein.
Meanwhile tonight I am having a chest x ray to rule out an enlarged heart.
All good fun !

Google the 'Eisenhower paradox'.

And check out Dr Eades's blog.

Your doctor is talking s**te IMO (not her fault most probably, she'd been taught conventional wisdom at medical school).

Get well soon!!!
Okay here's what USN are saying, protein powder is a deribertive from milk and made from milk. So they're have to put vat on milk
MarkClegg said:Milsy - This hasn`t much to do with the thread BUT after seeing you on Sunday i had to ask - have you ever condidered taking your eay lobes to see a Gynaecologist?

That hurt mark Unhappy haha

On a serious note they do look like cat arse holes now I don't wear anything in em Angry
Steve
brocerslrd said:Okay here's what USN are saying, protein powder is a deribertive from milk and made from milk. So they're have to put vat on milk

Wine is made from grapes. They charge Vat and duty on wine but not on grapes.
streak said:
Google the 'Eisenhower paradox'.
And check out Dr Eades's blog.
Your doctor is talking s**te IMO (not her fault most probably, she'd been taught conventional wisdom at medical school).
Get well soon!!!

so, conventional wisdom is s**te, but some random quack on the net is the authority?

This is the problem with people believing something they want to.

The most trustworthy people in terms of nutrition are official bodies with their very calm and level headed recommendations, who look at the studies with a long term holistic view, rather than selecting suitable small studies to support their own agenda.

The internet gurus are the worst: they need to stand out and say something different, and they rely on normal readers very poor understanding on how science in general, and nutritional science in particular, works. People are easy to fool with selective quoting and clever marketing language.

I would recommend readin this book to EVERYONE interested in these issues:

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XNHAp4aJL._BO2,204,203...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bad-Science-Ben-Goldacre/dp/000728487X...
thosebananas said:Let Ron Paul take over the world and we will all live a happy, free, rich life! Happy

unless you happen to be poor, or not healthy, or a pensioner, then you would be f**ked in his world. Kind of like in countries without income tax.
Joni said:
so, conventional wisdom is s**te, but some random quack on the net is the authority?
This is the problem with people believing something they want to.
The most trustworthy people in terms of nutrition are official bodies with their very calm and level headed recommendations, who look at the studies with a long term holistic view, rather than selecting suitable small studies to support their own agenda.
The internet gurus are the worst: they need to stand out and say something different, and they rely on normal readers very poor understanding on how science in general, and nutritional science in particular, works. People are easy to fool with selective quoting and clever marketing language.
I would recommend readin this book to EVERYONE interested in these issues:
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XNHAp4aJL._BO2,204,203...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bad-Science-Ben-Goldacre/dp/000728487X...

very interesting book, stopped taking vitamins when I read it (and have had arguments with otherwise perfectly level headed people about this subject since, you know who you are!)
Someone on my newsfeed was talking about this, and saying creatine is now banned (lol).

Anyway I had a google, and although irrelevant to yesterday's budget, I came across this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dietandfitness/4707999/Is-th...

Who actually lets these retards print this stuff. Every source/authority she approached regarding creatine basically told her to STFU because she's talking bo***cks. But she still has to sensationalise the title, make a lame summary at the end that portrays it in a negative light and spout how it will make women look twice as masculine. The mind boggles

Return to top View Desktop Site