REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 136 guests
You are here: HomeForumDan → View All Posts

View All Posts: Dan

12345678910 ... ... 126127128129130131132133134135136

» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)03-01-2015 @ 13:42 
Fatpete said:
A buffoon in the crowd would inspire me. I hope I can do the same for your son.

I am certain you will Pete, so far he has only been exposed to my lifting of modest weights, as soon as he sees some real weights being moved I am certain he will be inspired.
He also needs to be shown how to deadlift, he seems to lift it well but can't lower it without clobbering his knees and I don't have the knowledge or experience to point out where he is going wrong. He is a long and gangly teenager and, very much like the baby jesus, he moves in mysterious ways.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)30-12-2014 @ 12:08 
Rick said:
And to you, mate. Would be good to see more of you, both virtually and in real life!

Thanks Rick. You may very well see more of me over the coming months, my Son has been training with me for 9 weeks now and last night I mentioned to him that we should spectate at some competitions, both powerlifting and strongman, as a source of inspiration. I will check the Sugden competitions calender and see what we can do.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)29-12-2014 @ 14:08 
I have contributed for no better reason than to help you along to page 600.
All the best for the New Year, and the same to Dr.Rick - and anyone else who cares to read this.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)12-09-2014 @ 12:48 
Rick said:Very impressive cardio tonight, even if you can't count. And while your neighbour may have died, at least Dan is alive, which is a bonus.

Kind words indeed, thank you Doctor ;-)
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)05-09-2014 @ 16:01 
Fatpete said: Should I really associate myself with something so inbecelic ?

I don't see the problem, you have associated with me for quite some time.

And how standards have dropped since I last visited this forum, fat Pete now makes spelling errors !!! Shocking.
» Hot weather! (Go to post)22-07-2014 @ 22:21 
When I was 21 stone I used to sweat in the middle of winter, fat f**ks run hot, that's just how it is.
Today I spent 4.5 hours on a train then 5 hours in a car with no air con.
My shirt will NOT do for tomorrow....
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)22-07-2014 @ 22:16 
Fatpete said:Hell's teeth, that was fabulous. She was young and firm and beautiful and dirty. A smile that could light the way on a dark night and breasts and buttocks to die for.

I'm sweating like a bas***d and my glasses are steaming up as I type.

I need a shower.

They do take away and home delivery now ?
My, how things have changed !
» Strongmen - what keeps you going? (Go to post)17-07-2014 @ 21:31 
Fatpete said:For me it has become a way of life. Just soimething that I do, like bowel movements or cleaning your teeth.

Yes, for me too.
I actually start to feel like crap if I don't train.
Energy levels drop off, feel lethargic, convinced I'm getting fat etc. Since age 13 I've never stopped for more than about ten days.
It also helps you deal with stress in your life which keeps you moderately sane.
I'm never going to win anything but training is part of my life.
Rapidly approaching 50 now and still get hit on by girls in their 20's who think I'm in my 30's ( at least until they sober up ) so it definitely does you good to keep hitting the weights.
» apparently there is justice in the world (Go to post)16-07-2014 @ 18:59 
In an effort to lighten everyone's mood, here is a video of a Bull having sex with a motorbike :

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10202876756591310&set=v...
» Strongmen - what keeps you going? (Go to post)16-07-2014 @ 18:53 
samue1son said:Felix

What is your motivation? I feel like I'm 25 years old but then again, It's not like I'm a competitor. What makes you stop and why? Why not carry on like the older guys?

My motivation is to stay fit and healthy and be aesthetically pleasing to women.
One day I hope to achieve one of these goals.
» apparently there is justice in the world (Go to post)16-07-2014 @ 18:39 
Post Edited: 16.07.2014 @ 18:50 PM by Dan
Billytheold said:What about the physical and mental abuse men do to women. Many tough guys are abusive and think it is humor. The dog never called the cops.should of though...

In my experience it's not usually tough guys who abuse women.
It's usually weak minded men whose lives are not going to plan, they have no control over anything in their lives, dead end jobs, overbearing bosses, dim prospects etc and very often have an alcohol or drug problem too, for the same reason. They can't take out their frustrations on a male because they would get their ass handed to them so they take it out on a small, weak, virtually defenceless female.

The guy referred to in this thread obviously can't even handle a woman so took out his frustrations on his pet - and apparently was such a bright boy he decided to make video evidence of the degree of his mental disturbance and post it on a public forum for the world to see.

Karma is a b**ch, and it always gets you in the end.
» The 39 steps (Go to post)08-07-2014 @ 14:13 
I don't know how you boys cope with road bikes and these appalling pot holed roads, or even just coarse tarmac. I had a Scott for a little while, loved the bike but couldn't get to grips with the bumps and vibration so swapped it for a full suspension Kona mountain bike.

It weighs a bloody ton and does about 25mph flat out with it's low gearing but it's the height of luxury as far as my ass is concerned.

I also never managed to get my head around cleats and would regularly forget to free a foot as I approached junctions. Much laughter was had at my expense as I collapsed in a heap at traffic lights with my feet stuck to the bloody bike !
» Geoff Capes advert (Go to post)05-06-2014 @ 16:40 
chaos said:f**ks sake I remember that advert!

Me too !
Pair of old feckers.
» Girl Pressing (Go to post)04-06-2014 @ 22:46 
little_a said:
I furiously agree with this.

Saw this and looked for the "like" button !!
Come on Rob, you're behind the times mate !!!
» what did you have for tea? (Go to post)04-06-2014 @ 22:44 
Rick, get yourself on "come dine with me", the grand is yours !!!

12345678910 ... ... 126127128129130131132133134135136

You are here: HomeForumDan → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions