Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsmidlands strongest man under 105kg 2011

midlands strongest man under 105kg 2011

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

James said:well done lads sounds like a good comp!

well done on the win bish!

do we know how many qualify yet?

Top 4 mate i may be wrong though
Yeah, Aaron's dead lift was ace Happy
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
General_ill said:
Cowdray V's Austin

He needs to turn up first!

1-0 to you then Wayne he must of Gayed out like ED, well done on the farmers Grip beast, what happened with the OH ?
Well done Bish!!!

Nice to see Wayne putting his money were his mouth is too, well done mateHappy
its a shame you didn't get through ben, i thought the same as you. you would have done well in the final
I no mate i feel really strong at the min i just seem to blow out dead easy. The sled drag and sandbags felt light,started well then just died after a bit.
General_ill said:
well done on the farmers Grip beast, what happened with the OH ?

Thanks. I tackled the overhead in a semi-conscious state after my farmer's effort! As jt said to me - my tactics were wrong. I should have done the easier objects first.
Well done to all involved today. It is a shame for Ben, as I agree the ESM events would suit him and I thought he would be a shoe-in for qaulification today... but that is the nature of the game I guess!
well done all
azz0703
Thanks for the possitive feedback guysHappy makes me feel a bit better lol. Im realy happy about the 230pb deadlift. Made my day if not my month! I liked the events in this and gave me sum experience in things i havnt done yet such as the drag, i felt let down on the overhead as in the gym ive lifted all the weights. And the dumbells upset me. Ive trained with 10kg plates on fat grip so the circus type realt threw me off balance as you saw it took me forever to press the light one!! Lol. Other gus seemed to have the balance and technique dwn to a T. Sandbags i just sauntered to them and to the platform because i didnt think id b able to move them so comfortably, so i guess i lost points due to lack of speed on that one. The farmers were also a pb for me as wen i did champs of future in march i did 100kg but i training cudnt even pick up 120kg so tht shows some progression. But overall it was another great day out and met new people and above all gained more experience in the game we call strongman. Silly mistakes and events i need to work on ect. Thanks to the organisers and loaders. Also all the guys for being nice and to everyone who came and supportedHappy overall wen you look at the results in event order i came; 9th, 9th, 6th, 8th, and 9th. Thanks guysHappy
Midlands Strongest man u105-Guest participant

First and foremost my good little brother David took (again!) the time to jion me in the competition and recorded all of my efforts for you to see! Grin

Awesomeness

Weighed in at 103.6kg with all my clothes on lol

Event 1 - Farmers walk 120/140/120 all for 20m
Got the 120kg farmers for twenty metres then went to show willing by picking the 140kg farmers three times I think and took them maybe three or four metres... Couldn't match my next athlete in Goswell who had done another three metres I reckon so was resigned to what I was capable of and finished.

Event 2 - OH medley

Surprised with this but to be honest everybody struggled if I remember corectly.. Nailed the two dumbells and the lighter log which felt iffy... Then to fail to clen the 120kg log and then fluff up the axle too... 3 object in 31 seconds for third place behind Ben Pearce and Bish.

Sandbag Loading
I was the slowest of all the guys that loaded the full set of four sandbags and JT kindly gave me 0.5 seconds within the limit fairly or unfairly it was well recieved. This event killed me and although I was typically a tad slow and weak I loved it because I was able to somehow persivere and complete the event... Kind of casually put the first sandbag up somewhat not the best way and clocked they were solid St. Ives sandbags under overwrap so got to grips with them... and got on with the task in hand

Come the forth sandbag I felt my legs go ala Boar at last years under 90kg northerns and knew I was doing my level best albeit it with jelly legs... Picked the final sandbag up and dug deep and walked towards the final platform hugging the bag tight so not to mess it up.

Two metres away I felt an absolutely shocking final nervous warning from my body not to take the piss and in a split second my lungs and core were screaming at me to give up, which I did once I loaded the bag Happy

I may have been able to do the course in a better time or with more efficiency but regardless to be able to exhaust myself so much was infact one of my personal highlights because that felt thrilling

Other guys all did it with much better ability and if there was another sandbag I would have lay on it... If it was lucky!

Ben Pearces power was very inspiring even if he gassed... Very Poundstone and Pudz speed and solid load

Third from last place with four sandbags in 74.43 seconds... EASY!!!!

Sled Drag
Heavy, hard, amateur approach and again a slow finish... Would have loved a 20 metre finish lol but again I did what I could even if I struggled like the novice I am. I loved this event too! hahahaha there seems to be a common theme that I like to struggle I think and take on board challenges.

I did wish I was heavier and taller when doing this... Oh and stronger and fitter too with better looking and with more money.

I tried a sneaky grab of the next line (actual finish line) but couldn't reach it so again had to do another 40 centimetres... Oh my this is turning out to be quite the exciting and effort-ful training session

Placing? Don't ask because I don't know... I beat Wayne Cowdrey if that makes any difference but cheered him ALL the way to finish. Ballsy effort from him... Well done that man!!!

I would have cheered the other lads on but the other guys were so good and fast I was very happy to admire their speed power. Great effort from Goswell, Sebsatian and Bish!

I usted lol'd thinking of my and Goswell looking at eachother's footwear still not knowing what we were doing and how to do the event... Yes he did well before you ask, another Welsh beast!

Deadlift 230kg for reps

Right, don't tear your bicep off not using straps you plum and even more importantley don't pull your back again!... Excellent pre competition thinking Batman!

I was first and thought, like the amateur I am... Oh I have zero warm up and there's 230kg there that I have to lift... Once hopefully, then again and again...

Oh Dear, they don't realise I'm weak as!

Bosh one, awesome!... carried on (see video,... very good showing , a training PB, more improvement and more of a showing that I can be a deadlifting strongman in time without injuring myself)

Towards the end of my "set" of five efforts my back creaped without snapping in two again and completing five rather solid repetitions was more than I thought I could do... As a result my confidence has been very much improved

JT didn't give me the last rep as I dropped the bar before it hit the floor as I have done in the gym (for example training with Mark Clegg two weeks ago doing 255kg) when attempting max weights... I am pretty sure that lowering deadlifts at the bottom of the rep stretches my lower back and hip severly and think I was me trying not to hurt myself and was impressed with how I was able to partcpate in this event

4 reps in 26 seconds... Placing unknown but at least ten reps behind the leader

Anyway I do hope you enjoy the competition video when I put it up and David got the famous Azz Deadlift boom!!!

I could have made improvements maybe on the moving and loading events... Unsure

I don't know, but my one and only regret is potentially not showing the sportsmanship I hold very high when lowering the dumbells and deadlift... Maybe I'm being too judgmental but as somebody who is very thankful to have a go I'd have preferred to be more obviously more thankful for the day... Maybe not for me to say but hey ho

Solid network of officials and helpers, venue was great flawless alround.
Well done today, Mike. Great effort. You're a top bloke Happy
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Well done today, Mike. Great effort. You're a top bloke Happy

I'm ok mate!

I have alot of time for the guys who take up challenges like you and hope over time you improve and most importantly stay injury free!
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Well done today, Mike. Great effort. You're a top bloke Happy

I always thought mike was a c**t! Haha!

Nice to meet you today Wayne! Was a pleasure!!
Nice to meet you too, Sam Happy

Return to top View Desktop Site