Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsThe Assassin

The Assassin

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Mate, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You bombed, which sucks, so your obviously dissapointed, but you have made huge progress this year and it was your first equipped competition. You will come back a wiser better competitior for it IMO
If you eat enough sooner or later you'll poo.

If you lift long enough sooner or later you'll bomb.

It stings. It's a kick in the balls. Enjoy feeling s**t. Its fuel for the fire.
little_a said:

What he said.

It's a s**tter Rick, but there's next time.
Unlucky Rick, you'll know next time not to be afraid of listening to what your body is saying during your warm up.

It is probably just nerves, but I have lowered my initial openers in every competition, but one, that I have entered.
just rotten luck yesterday rick,it was good meeting you mate and im sure this will only . fire you up for the next time fella
sorry to hear about the comp rick, hope the cold clears soon
You were ill mate, what could you have done? Just damn unlucky it landed on competition time.
Unlucky Rickster. Really bad luck to get ill for your comp, im not amazingly surprised though, plenty of it about at the minute. PRetty much everyone I know is ill at the minute.

Looking forward to seeing your build up for the next comp
little_a said:

Words of wisdom, though I LIKE pooing. And yes, definitely fuel for the fire. I've been lucky so far, this is life.

Unfortunately the timing of the NWC champs means that there's a very good chance I'll be under the weather every year: as the end of the long term approaches teachers drop like flies (kids too, of course). f**k it, no excuses.

Thanks for all the support, gents. Knock off a big raw bench in February and then nail a half-decent total in May!
Sorry to see it didn't go as planned Rick, sounds like it will be a good learning experience however. Am I right in saying your warm-up squat was heavier than your last competition squat? ... Great progress over the past year - keep it going.
You could lift on Saturday now Rick. Deadlift PB maybe?

Might ease your suffering.
Unlucky mate, but if you're ill then you're ill, not a lot you can do about it.
Rob said:
Sorry to see it didn't go as planned Rick, sounds like it will be a good learning experience however. Am I right in saying your warm-up squat was heavier than your last competition squat? ... Great progress over the past year - keep it going.

You are, by 15kg. Of course the suit gives me about 50...

Lessons to learn, will come back stronger and probably uglier but hey ho.
Only thing I could add is that it could be time to add in the belt, as you looked like you could do with some more core support yesterday.
Unlucky Rick, I managed to recover from a cold just in time for my comp but alas you didn't get the same slice of luck I guess.

Bombing out cant be fun but you just have to come back from it stronger and better I suppose.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsThe Assassin
Return to top View Desktop Site