stress

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

DanIcon...12-11-2012 @ 16:58 
Dan is old fashioned.
Member 27, 2028 posts
SQ 240, BP 170, DL 255
665.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 12.11.2012 @ 16:59 PM by Dan
brownbear said:stress is good up to a certain amount. It's what drives us to achieve.

I've got the biggest exams/anything of my life in 2 minutes and if i wasn't stressed there's no way id pass.

Same with Mr_haz- Stress is what drives him to make the right decision when s**t goes crazy on the table!

VG is right, that is not stress, that's just pressure - and very mild pressure in the grand scheme of things. If you were to fail the exams, and I sincerely hope you do not, you simply re-sit them at a later date.
Stress occurs when pressure is present for a prolonged period, over months and years, where there are very real ramifications and you start to feel there is nothing you can do about it.
Your physical and mental health are affected and it takes potentially life changing decisions to move away from the situation you are in.
But we ARE all in control of our own lives and no matter how bad things might seem we CAN make the necessary changes.
brownbearIcon...12-11-2012 @ 17:12 
Morrisons - rump - 7£
Member 2206, 11578 posts
SQ 228, BP 150, DL 260
638.0 kgs @ 98kgs UnEq
Dan said:
VG is right, that is not stress, that's just pressure - and very mild pressure in the grand scheme of things. If you were to fail the exams, and I sincerely hope you do not, you simply re-sit them at a later date.
Stress occurs when pressure is present for a prolonged period, over months and years, where there are very real ramifications and you start to feel there is nothing you can do about it.
Your physical and mental health are affected and it takes potentially life changing decisions to move away from the situation you are in.
But we ARE all in control of our own lives and no matter how bad things might seem we CAN make the necessary changes.

I shall concede that you and VG are probably right though the constant anxiety, poor sleep and palpitations want to disagree.

There are definitely real ramifications of these exams, though I do feel like I can prevent them. No one wants to fail medicine at the last hurdle after 5 years of work and leave with a degree in medical studies
1369philIcon...12-11-2012 @ 17:15 
doesnt work hard enough in the gym
Member 1492, 2138 posts
SQ 170, BP 145, DL 195
510.0 kgs @ 112kgs UnEq
Dan said:

Life is about 10% what happens to you and abut 90% how you react to it .
dr_hazbunIcon...12-11-2012 @ 17:17 
tabbouleh and fattoush salads were very refreshing
Member 267, 8548 posts
SQ 220, BP 165, DL 250
635.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
1369phil said:
Life is about 10% what happens to you and abut 90% how you react to it .

Amen
DomRedshawIcon...12-11-2012 @ 17:25 
Uk limbo dancing champion
Member 2666, 6551 posts
SQ 202, BP 170, DL 255
627.0 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
slimsim said:I find the best way to deal with stress is to squash those feelings. Screw them up into a little ball deep inside of you and keep them hidden from everyone. Tell nobody how bad or stressed your feeling and then put on a brave face.

Then RAHHHHHHHHHHHH explode like Mount f**king Vesuvius reigning terror on some poor c**t who's made the slightest remark and rubbbed you up the wrong way. Punch something and break your own hand, fall out with friends, upset your family, hurt those closest to you.

I've done the latter many many times in my life, but maybe the actual solution is just to talk about it. Let's face it, women piss us all off when they start weeping about s**t or go on and on and on about something which doesn't interest us at all but you rarely see them acting like neanderthals due to a little "stress".

LMAO spot on for most part except the women thing. growing up my mum was always expressing anger, n my partner has a habbit of screaming and/or punching something too.

i will add some advice on the punching stuff n breaking your hand. for a start dont punch a wall, or a window usualy means an embarrassing trip to A&E. punching doors is a slightly better option but costs money replacing them so iv found the best thing to punch without f**king yourself or costing you money is to punch the fridge-freezer. unless your a monster and are likely to put a hole straight through it it will be cheaper to hit the door or get a punchbag
milsyIcon...12-11-2012 @ 17:37 
Ne n coner a fuickex .ay ouse part we .be
Member 1425, 4647 posts
SQ 340, BP 227.5, DL 335
902.5 kgs @ 125kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 12.11.2012 @ 17:38 PM by milsy
Well I wrote a list and gave that list to my boss today and sat down and had a massive chat he said my main downfall is I don't express being stressed so everyone thinks its okay to throw there s**t my way and I seem to just cope with it

I'm not aggressive from stress the more stressed I get I just seem to. Interact with people less which effects realtionships in the long run that's what seems to stress me out even more

I used to be very aggresive and I blame most of that on an ex girlfriend who used to run rings round me with head games when she didn't have anything better to do her favriote line after she had got me proper worked up about somthing was "what you gunna do now hit somthing" used to make me even more angry my girlfriend now actually chills me out which is how I suppose it should be
FazcIcon...12-11-2012 @ 18:05 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
milsy said:I used to be very aggresive and I blame most of that on an ex girlfriend who used to run rings round me with head games when she didn't have anything better to do her favriote line after she had got me proper worked up about somthing was "what you gunna do now hit somthing" used to make me even more angry my girlfriend now actually chills me out which is how I suppose it should be

Eek Eek What a nutter

Good to see you got some of that off your chest with your boss. If there is something you can do about stress it's best to get it done, so you can move on. Hopefully things look better.
goodwinmIcon...13-11-2012 @ 08:24 
a PB is a PB !
Member 539, 1086 posts
Post Edited: 13.11.2012 @ 08:25 AM by goodwinm
dr_hazbun said:
That tactic unfortunately doesn't work for me.
'I'm sooo stressed. Oh well, it's not life or death...Ohhh s**t...'

Bet it is incredibly stressful being in your profession. Are you a surgeon Dr Hazbun?
FAT_SAMIcon...14-11-2012 @ 22:43 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 14.11.2012 @ 22:45 PM by FAT_SAM
milsy said:how do you guys cope with it ?

Eliminate the cause of it.

In the past, I found stress to prevent me from making gains. I actually live a very simple life now purposely to avoid it.

I just work on the door - for me it's a stress free job. I'm smart enough to do a lot more, but a 9-5 job with mote responsibility and the stress that comes with it? No thanks...
goodwinmIcon...14-11-2012 @ 23:36 
a PB is a PB !
Member 539, 1086 posts
FAT_SAM said:
In the past, I found stress to prevent me from making gains. I actually live a very simple life now purposely to avoid it.
I just work on the door - for me it's a stress free job. I'm smart enough to do a lot more, but a 9-5 job with mote responsibility and the stress that comes with it? No thanks...

The man speaks the truth here!

I cant believe Im stressing right now because I can't make it in to work tomorrow! Gotta look after the kids cuz the mrs has got this bas***ding bug really bad that's going round and is bedridden!

I feel really bad that I can't make it in. I mean family comes first but I just feel like I'm letting the side down! Why should I stress about it. I'm never off work. And there's no other way round it! f**k sake! Lol.
bryceIcon...15-11-2012 @ 07:30 
Juice loose aboot this hoose
Member 1401, 3962 posts
SQ 160, BP 107.5, DL 210
477.5 kgs @ 88kgs UnEq
FAT_SAM said:

Dont you worry that in the future you may need more money for family and such and that just picking a job you find easy may not be the best?

Although I think working the doors would be stressful, I hate dealing with the public!
FAT_SAMIcon...15-11-2012 @ 21:54 
more like 'FAT TROLL'
Member 984, 6331 posts
SQ 420, BP 260, DL 335
1015.0 kgs @ 165kgs UnEq
In that case, I'd just do full time static security + the doors. Easy to clear 500 quid a week like that - and most of the time you're standing around doing f**k all. I don't find the drunks stressful, they're amusing. It's funny being called a fat c**t by a 10 stone guy while he's running off down the road! :P

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitstress
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions